RÖSET FEST 30-31th May // Alfarmania // Altar Of Flies // Treriksröset +more.

Started by Dan J, March 24, 2014, 01:40:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dan J

Rf Svavel Presenterar:

RÖSET 2014

Svartmyra - Småland
30-31 Maj

Band:
Deutsch Nepal
Alter of Flies
Alfarmania
Händer som Vårdar
Broken Lights
Vit Fana
Treriksröset
Ochu
Elecrobastler
Miljoner Döda
Vorg
Ikonoklast

Party, Bar, Free Camping, Revolution, Distros, Vegan Food, Poetry, Entartete Kunst, Workshop - Janne Carleklev, Photoexhibition - Linnea Lindberg, Art - Lasse Alexandersson, Experimental Movies And Shortfilms Selected And Presentated By Robert Svensson,

29 Maj - Foreplayparty With DJ, Band and Organized Chaos.

Matthias

Friday:

ALFARMANIA
TRERIKSRÖSET
OCHU
MILJONER DÖDA

Saturday:

DEUTSCH NEPAL
ALTAR OF FLIES
VIT FANA
HÄNDER SOM VÅRDAR
ELEKTROBASTLER
BROKEN LIGHTS
IKONOKLAST
VORG

FreakAnimalFinland

E-mail: fanimal +a+ cfprod,com
MAGAZINE: http://www.special-interests.net
LABEL / DISTRIBUTION: FREAK ANIMAL http://www.nhfastore.net

ARKHE

It was a good weekend. The boys knew how to deliver. Alfarmania killed everyone (the addition of mr. War & Hate was a good choice) and having TRR twice was a pleasure. Broken Light still manages to fool everyone that he's doing industrial, when in the end it's really techno. Which isn't a bad thing in this case. Vit Fana pulled a nice Danish Ending. Ochu was raw, Altar of Flies was professional and Deutsch Nepal was drunk. Rock & roll in the forest. My tent was drench after some rain last evening so my tape of Cold Lake is completely sogged now. Driving home today we passed by Dösarp where Cliff Burton died, made a libation and mourned for a while.

Why most of the bands remained in their chairs throughout their sets (I'm looking at you Tommy) I have no idea. You can't hate sitting down! Kom igen för fan!

Matthias

Yep, very nice weekend although I unfortunately missed the friday this year. All shows taking place in a old barn out in the forest, with a small camping site on a field on the other side of the barn. Campfire, good food, cheap bar, bunch of merchtables, circuit bending workshop etc. Jokes about that if all the attendees would have performed with their projects, pretty much all of the swedish "noise scene" would have been in the line up. Not far from the truth really, swedish noise conference! Most focus on Gothenburg last year, and now Stockholm this year, I guess it's time for Malmö to step up next year?

Vorg - Perhaps the only swedish HNW:er (and maybe even Scandinavian, come thinking about it?) still around. It is what it is, not spoiled with this kind of stuff here so I can appreciate it to a certain degree, but this was pretty dull with piss-weak volume etc. Coffee/snus concept HNW = good though, I "guess".

Treriksröset - Yeah, since missing out on the friday I was excited to hear that Tommy was going to perform on the saturday as well. Good, solid and crunchy harsh noise, the two first thirds really great but then started to drag a bit towards the end.

Elektrobastler or Ikonoklast (don't know, I don't think both performed?) - Horrible, horrible.

Vit Fana - Rising star of the noise. Pretty boy churning out rugged tape fuckery with some mellow synth stuff thrown in for a good measure. Distorted vocals in the last half, without this ever feeling like PE. Material maybe not as strong as the stuff on the Venice Of The North compilation which felt a bit more weeeird and original, but still very good! A 7" is in the works apparently.

Altar Of Flies - Beautiful sound sculpturing, perhaps the most restrained and subtle AoF set I've seen, very detailed and rich-sounding stuff. Always makes me proud to be a Swede.

Händer Som Vårdar - Personal highlight! Started out with nice, typical HSV-ian loop-wanking then via a long sample slowly evolving into pure instigator-noise bliss. Big dirty grins. Life-affirming stuff. Great crowd response. Sweet improvised encore too. LP, please. 

Broken Lights - Didn't do that much for me, started out pretty promising but just went on and on. Vocals didn't add much either. Decent, just a bit boring.

Deutsch Nepal - Not my cup of tea really. The ending when BDN-Roger grabbed the mic was fucking ace though.

hkso

Friday:

Miljoner Döda: Missed out on both their set and their tapes but heard a little from the outside and it sounded really good...
Ochu: Good to see Love back in business again... never really seen any show from him that I didn't like. Show got more interesting with addition of a second member handling scrap metal.
Treriksröset: Short but powerful set from herr Carlsson. The gig at Fylkingen some months ago was better, but he knows how to wield his instrument as his cock.
Alfarmania: One of the better shows I've done in recent years... I guess the recordings will be released in near future.

Saturday:

Vorg: Harsh noise stuff. Didn't do much for me.
Treriksröset: Second set. Great but not near the intensity of the night before.
Ikonoklast / Elektrobastler: I left the place.
Vit Fana: Sound wasn't loud enough to release full potential of the material he performed, but very good and interesting the entire time. Certainly one of the best new acts in Sweden.
Broken Lights: Hypnotic set with raggarindustrial / soft mortem. Reminded me a little too much about last time I saw him, I still really enjoyed it. Skilled craftmanship.
Altar of Flies: Always delivers when it comes to live situations. Bit boring show but great music, especially some parts with voice loops.
HSV: Good variation between the sounds, I really enjoyed the industrial stuff. He managed to keep it interesting through entire set with tapeloops and bad attitude. Best show I've seen from him. Constant improvement from Hinken.
Deutsch Nepal: Drunk industrial karaoke... even if it was far from the shows he delivered in the past, Lina on stage is always a pleasure. Towards the end of the show Karmanik entered the stage and provided perfect finale for the weekend.

Röset 2014 was an excellent party in almost all aspects. I will certainly return next year. Think many visitors outside Sweden would enjoy this as well.

ARKHE

I don't think anyone really knew what Elektrobastler was doing, including themselves.

Sums up the weekend. Vit Fana vs Händer Som Vårdar.

Ritual

Quote from: ARKHE on June 03, 2014, 10:52:06 PM
Vit Fana vs Händer Som Vårdar.
Quite a bit of that going on, yes.

Got very little to add. Great weekend! Lots of good performances. Hopefully there will be another, next year.

Baglady

Not much to add really. Highlights for me were Treriksröset, Altar Of Flies and Händer Som Vårdar. Outstanding pro's, these boys. Would probably have listed Alfarmania as a highlight as well if I had remembered anything (alcohol...). The Händer Som Vårdar one of the best noise shows I've been to really. Sheer joy!
AoFs incoherent yet energetic drunken ramblings after the last show was another highlight.