Fredox

Started by Unheard, June 18, 2010, 09:07:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Unheard

great french collage artist, contributor of Dernier Cri and other underground 'zines - he had some exhibitions in Italy and i had the chance to see his incredible works inspired by Kurten and Brady's deeds, really vivid, brutal and "outrageous" art. I know he did some artworks for hardcore and industrial bands, mostly in the french scene

FreakAnimalFinland

Originals... were they computer or physically cut & paste?

I just today was browsing through 3 different suehiro maruo books. There is one A4 size magazine type (not binded like book) with lots of collage works etc. Some close to Fredox.

My experience with works of Fredox are simply the Timeless publications.
E-mail: fanimal +a+ cfprod,com
MAGAZINE: http://www.special-interests.net
LABEL / DISTRIBUTION: FREAK ANIMAL http://www.nhfastore.net

Unheard

Quote from: FreakAnimalFinland on June 18, 2010, 10:07:15 PM
Originals... were they computer or physically cut & paste?

I just today was browsing through 3 different suehiro maruo books. There is one A4 size magazine type (not binded like book) with lots of collage works etc. Some close to Fredox.

My experience with works of Fredox are simply the Timeless publications.

Both -early works are real physical collages, then he started to use computer graphics (but some of his "serial killer" stuff still use the physical aura of "cut & paste") - he published on several fanzines of "underground art", then  there's a book named Les Dossiers Noirs de l'histoire which entirely features his stuff...and yes, he's featured on the pages of Timeless

bitewerksMTB

Les Dossiers Noirs de l'histoire

I think that's the book I have. It's silkscreen printing which looks alot better than his full colour work which is photoshop, I guess? Still pretty amazing b/c it looks like it'd take a helluva long time to do it!

He's a bit of an influence on my work. Actually, there was brief talk of getting him to do coverart for something years ago but I was told he didn't own a computer & spoke very little English so nothing really happened.