General butthurt & pc faggotry etc

Started by Brad, October 31, 2011, 03:23:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zeno Marx

(to be transparent and clear, I'm in agreement with Maher)

https://youtu.be/wzUd8YrFJCk
"the overindulgent machines were their children"
I only buy vinyl, d00ds.

calaverasgrande

this is the problem with a lot of activist types. They see everything as a series of problems that need to be corrected. It's not your world to fix mr punk rocker. Pretty sure the Descendents were being ineefectually offensive when you werent even drinking age.
That and pilloring someone for simply using a word which might be offensive? I thought we were supposed to withhold such treatment except for people who not only said nigger or spic. But also 'hang all the...'.
Just goes to show you, you can be egalitarian, PC, pro choice and a really nice guy. But if you fuck up and use the new bad word you are dog shit.
BTW one of my more PC friends informed me that 'thug' is now a racial slur.
Like I am not supposed to use it, even when someone is acting like a thug.

monotome

"We're just trying to raise awareness."

"40 years of punk undone in one album cover??"

"I did take straight to Twitter and have yet to receive a reply from the band..."

"We're calling on the band to re-name their EP and LP and make a public apology"

That article is gold. Thanks.

GEWALTMONOPOL

If only that was possible.

Quote from: calaverasgrande on July 24, 2016, 07:46:34 AM

That's interesting. Is it because the word stems from the Indian Thuggee? The Thuggees were an organised gang of highwaymen in India who plagued travellers and merchants alike for 600 years until the British Raj wiped them out by applying modern police methods. One of the Empires achievements surely.
Först när du blottar strupen ska du få nåd, ditt as...

Deadpriest

I'm a sociopath (not a psychopath, thank you very much) which is butthurt for everybody because I'm very destructive or at best boring and pretentious sounding.

Actually I don't get it, people say y'know I hate psychopaths/sociopaths they're selfish blah blah blah, but what about the elephant that tramples a small village of some African tribe, how do people feel about that elephant? You think he gives a fuck? He's just being an elephant, doing something any elephant would do. People love elephants but they'd kill you in a second!! So love the elephant not the sociopath?  I'm a person, I'm closer in nature to you than some monstrous elephant, most people don't hate mad animals.
My book of poetry: http://www.histergrant.com/

calaverasgrande

Quote from: GEWALTMONOPOL on July 24, 2016, 02:19:28 PM

If only that was possible.

That's interesting. Is it because the word stems from the Indian Thuggee? The Thuggees were an organised gang of highwaymen in India who plagued travellers and merchants alike for 600 years until the British Raj wiped them out by applying modern police methods. One of the Empires achievements surely.
Apparently the word 'thug' now only means black teenagers.
Which is funny because in my minds eye the word thug conjures up something like Vin Diesel as a nazi skinhead.
This is one of the things I resent about PC prohibitions on words.
I generally agree that people should not be judged merely for their race, gender or who they bang.
I resent the idea of controlling ideology through language, which is the underlying theory behind why you should not say bitch, nigger or spic.
In their view, if they can make the use of such words completely unacceptable they will also make bigotry associated with those words unacceptable.
They will only achieve people saying "I would never work for a woman" instead of "I'd never work for a bitch".
Besides, I don't remember when we all voted on which words were good or bad.
Is there a central committee of newspeak? Is it the George Orwell Memorial Committee on Language and Ideology?

Andrew McIntosh

this is the problem with a lot of activist types. They see everything as a series of problems that need to be corrected.

Exactly.
Shikata ga nai.

calaverasgrande

What really kills me is that most of my life I have been on the left. An anti-marxist, anarchist left, but left nonetheless. When I was kid my parents used to take us to demonstrations and such. I even went to New College of California. A now defunct college which had an Anarchist Dean when I attended, and a very progressive curriculum.
I'm not stranger to the left.
However I actually think for myself.
I also do not read whatever magazine all these people read to stay current on the latest and greatest new bad words.
I was recently called out for saying tranny instead of trans.
I do not bear any enmity to tranny or trans people. I used to work sound in a gay club called Trannyshack. I've performed as various punk, noise and electro-industrial acts at gay clubs like the End Up.
In college I worked at a phone bank which was managed and staffed by a large number of gay and transexual people.
But I said tranny not trans. I'm now a fagbashing bigot.

To be honest, I think that this kind of language correctness stems from the practice of applying such rigid standards to politicians.  I do not think it is bad to question the ideology of political figures who use words like 'nigger' or 'bitch'. They are generally supposed to be held to a higher standard, and should be well aware of the intricacies of identity, culture and race in their country.
For this same policing and denouncing to be applied to private citizens is absurd. Take your marxist purge elsewhere.

Andrew McIntosh

I gave up on anarchism years ago. And once you've gone that far left, there's really only one other direction you can travel, even if it's only by comparison. It's funny, though, because a lot of people who I knew who also backslid from the faith all seemed to try to go in the other opposite extreme direction, not necessarily in politics but in their own lifestyles. People go through a kind of "anti-honeymoon" stage once they renounce once deeply held beliefs.

I noticed a lot of language policing in the anarchist scene. I recall being told by an American anarchist visiting the country that the word "guys" should not be used because it's sexist, even though every kid today calls everyone "guys". So much for that endeavor, but you never know, could be the next big thing any second now.

I also first read about "calling out" in Maximum Rocknroll. It was part of their interview policy. Something about if someone in a band is saying anything they consider dodgy, "call them out on it". That always stuck in my memory for some reason. A lot of the issues I saw in punk at that time seem to have become mainstream for the current Left. The Guardian is like MRR without the music.
Shikata ga nai.

Theodore

Quote from: Peterson on July 26, 2016, 03:48:43 AM
I think this example highlights an issue that the "thought police" Orwellian (as you put it excellently) often overlook in their crusading for the rights of various groups they might perceive as "minorities" - by reducing them to the status of something that needs their protection, they're basically implying these "groups" don't have the wherewithal to look out for themselves, which in my opinion, is basically the same as any bigotry, stereotyping, or even chip-on-your-shoulder racism.

Yes, anti-racists of that insane level are racists in denial, in fight with their instinct / mind / feelings. Sick people. A lot of complexes. Example : You call someone "black" and they are ready to attack you. "I don't think being black is something bad - you think" , you could tell them, just to make their situation even worse. Here they say them something which translates to ... "colourful" haha ! Just to not call them blacks !

In order to not be "accused" of racism, they will make still racist choices, just anyone not of their race / nation / kind.

Edit : Not "colourful" , i googled the exact translation, it's "coloured" . Also writes "of color" means "non white" , so it's not only here. Universal bullshit.
"ἀθάνατοι θνητοί, θνητοὶ ἀθάνατοι, ζῶντες τὸν ἐκείνων θάνατον, τὸν δὲ ἐκείνων βίον τεθνεῶτες"

oOoOoOo

Quote from: calaverasgrande on July 25, 2016, 06:12:33 PM
What really kills me is that most of my life I have been on the left. An anti-marxist, anarchist left, but left nonetheless. When I was kid my parents used to take us to demonstrations and such. I even went to New College of California. A now defunct college which had an Anarchist Dean when I attended, and a very progressive curriculum.
I'm not stranger to the left.
However I actually think for myself.
I also do not read whatever magazine all these people read to stay current on the latest and greatest new bad words.
I was recently called out for saying tranny instead of trans.
I do not bear any enmity to tranny or trans people. I used to work sound in a gay club called Trannyshack. I've performed as various punk, noise and electro-industrial acts at gay clubs like the End Up.
In college I worked at a phone bank which was managed and staffed by a large number of gay and transexual people.
But I said tranny not trans. I'm now a fagbashing bigot.

To be honest, I think that this kind of language correctness stems from the practice of applying such rigid standards to politicians.  I do not think it is bad to question the ideology of political figures who use words like 'nigger' or 'bitch'. They are generally supposed to be held to a higher standard, and should be well aware of the intricacies of identity, culture and race in their country.
For this same policing and denouncing to be applied to private citizens is absurd. Take your marxist purge elsewhere.

I totally agree with you here on your point about language. A problem I have, and it's totally my problem and not having to do with you, is that when you say this stuff - which is right anyways- there's gonna be some actual right wing bigot who rears his face and says "hey, yeah I hate fucking political correctness too, and I wanna say tranny and fag all I want". So, my personal problem that I've had with this shit is that I don't even feel comfortable critiquing the left, because I almost start to feel like I'm turning into a right winger when I do it too much.

Now, there's a real problem though, of people being way too sensitive. It's almost like a complete trade off, unless you're somewhere real special with really smart people. On one hand you got people who are overly sensitive morons who take anything you say at face value, and act like they're the morality police and stuff- real conceited and sanctimonious self righteous attitude of you ask me- and they won't choose their battles, and they won't take subtlety and nuance into account at all, they're almost as bad as bigots. On the other hand, you get people who are so jaded to insensitivity, you may as well just punch yourself in the face, because there's a lot of assholes who really just don't care about how you feel. I can say that I'm actually an extremely sensitive person, and there's definitely been numerous occasions where people have really hurt my feelings, just from taking on the internet. It sorts of perplexes me that it can even happen to me, because sometimes I may even consider myself to be an intelligent person who's above shit like that.

So, basically I think what it boils down to, is that human beings really have no fucking clue how to treat each other right either way. It'd have to be filled with such intelligent, far sighted people, we are absolutely nowhere near that level of sophistication. And come to think of it, I think back on that thing you said about being so pro lgbt, but then being a fagbashing bigot as soon as you use the word tranny, you can prep yourself as much as you want, I can prep myself as much as I want, nothing will prepare you for the unpredictable stupidity of all the god damn morons who inhabit this earth. God damn it, sometimes I just wish that I could carry around a baseball bat with me, and just whack anyone upside the head who's a moron. Too bad I spend most of my time on the internet and that's not even a realistic portrayal of my life. Fuck.

Andrew McIntosh

Be careful what you say online, then.
Shikata ga nai.

tiny_tove

Quote from: oOoOoOo on July 26, 2016, 07:26:27 AM
Hell, people are so fucking sensitive, you know what happened to me last month? I was on facebook and I made this comment on a whim that I totally forgot about, then like a week later the police arrived at my door. They asked me about the comment I made about respecting anyone that goes and shoots up a school, and saying I wished all schools were destroyed. They went and called my parents and shit, even though I'm in my 20s and live alone, they fucked came to my door and asked to come inside so they could question me, and called up my fucking parents. All because some dumb cunt from California or something decided that it was pretty fucking scary that someone expressed that they hate school and love school shooters. People are so fucking dumb and ignorant.

well. you have been lucky you live in a  free country like America where cops politely knock at your door.
CALIGULA031 - WERTHAM - FORESTA DI FERRO
instagram: @ANTICITIZEN
http://elettronicaradicale.bandcamp.com
telegram for updated list: https://t.me/+03nSMe2c6AFmMTk0

tiny_tove

Quote from: oOoOoOo on July 26, 2016, 06:03:31 PM
But no, I don't really wanna talk about the police thing.

that was the most interesting bit.
CALIGULA031 - WERTHAM - FORESTA DI FERRO
instagram: @ANTICITIZEN
http://elettronicaradicale.bandcamp.com
telegram for updated list: https://t.me/+03nSMe2c6AFmMTk0