MIXED MARTIAL ARTS

Started by bitewerksMTB, December 29, 2013, 11:17:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Scat-O-Logy

bitewerksMTB

The pre-lim's were pretty good & I caught the post-fight talk show late that night. Glad Connor was beat & the drama afterwards was pretty funny (watched a video in an article). Anyone know what was said that set him off to climb over the fence? The article had a quote about his 'religion, country, nationality'.

DSOL

from what I read, Khabib was saying to stop talking shit about all of the above and one of the McGregor guys said something like "make me" and that's when he jumped over the fence
"I do not get bored of nude ladies nor good Japanese noise"

bitewerksMTB

Oh, come on. There had to be more said than "make me"!

DSOL

maybe the writer wanted to keep it PG - but I'm sure there was a lot more than just "make me" that's not even grade school level anymore
"I do not get bored of nude ladies nor good Japanese noise"

FallOfNature

Read an article just this evening that claims he called him "fucking Muslim rat" between the 2nd and 3rd round and that was the trigger.

If you follow Rogan's podcast Conor's coach says he didn't hear anything, though... whatever did happen, I doubt he'd be admitting to hearing anything anyway.

Scat-O-Logy

That was some bullshit reported by a reliable source called TMZ... If that audio pops up, then I can believe it.

Speaking of audio, kinda bitch move from Conor to tell Kebab between rounds "It's only business". Didn't expect that.

FallOfNature

https://www.news.com.au/sport/ufc/floyd-mayweather-responds-to-khabib-nurmagomedov-call-out/news-story/fef783f21b2411315d4b828b75b4d65e

haha

UFC 230 is looking alright. Cormier and Lewis, Poirier and Nate Diaz, and I always enjoy watching Lando Vannata. Very underrated fighter imo.

Scat-O-Logy

Quote from: FallOfNature on October 16, 2018, 12:39:50 PMPoirier and Nate Diaz

The fight is off, Poirier got injured. Back problems, should be fixed soon.

Lazrs3

I just watched that McGregor fight on YouTube, that was brutal. I wonder if he'll win if they have a rematch? I remember watching his defeat by Diaz and he came back solid and won in the second fight.

FallOfNature

Personally I don't think he deserves a rematch, at least not straight away. Rumour is Kebab already has said it won't happen and will fight Ferguson instead. I've deliberately not paid too much attention to what's been going on but that was the last I'd heard.

Don't know how many forum members are into boxing, but I'm pretty stoked on the Deontay Wilder v. Tyson Fury fight coming up.

Scat-O-Logy

Quote from: FallOfNature on November 05, 2018, 04:15:22 AM
Personally I don't think he deserves a rematch, at least not straight away. Rumour is Kebab already has said it won't happen and will fight Ferguson instead. I've deliberately not paid too much attention to what's been going on but that was the last I'd heard.

Don't know how many forum members are into boxing, but I'm pretty stoked on the Deontay Wilder v. Tyson Fury fight coming up.

Kebab's manager said they are in talks with GSP's team regarding a superfight at 165, no belts involved. But both Kebab and his manager are big talkers so lets see what actually happens. Personally I wouldn't mind seeing the GSP match as it would be interesting to see those two wrestle each other. Then again, usually when two skilled ground fighters got at it, it becomes a stand up war like for example Souza vs Weidman this past weekend at UFC 230. Speaking of which, that card was STACKED and D-E-L-I-V-E-R-E-D! Can't get over how skilled Israel Adesanya is.

That boxing match is certainly interesting. I don't follow boxing but from what I've heard, Fury comes out of retirement to prove he's the best HW boxer against young and powerful Wilder... Should be an easy win for Wilder, no?

EDIT: Seems like Fury has had couple tune-up fights against quality opponents before this one. But he did indeed come out of retirement this year.

krimdad

I just saw your post about that fight, and I wanna say that sometimes all professional sports people are more drama queens than anybody else.

Trintadant

Hey, I just stumbled upon this thread and wanted to add my 2 cents. I agree that sometimes sports are more about intrigue and drama than the actual sport itself. As for McGregor, I'm not sure if he deserves a rematch either, but it would definitely generate a lot of hype and money for the UFC. And yeah, that Wilder vs Fury fight was pretty interesting, and it's cool to see Fury come out of retirement and prove himself against Wilder. Still, fights like these always inspire me to work out and improve my own fitness level. By the way, I've been looking into getting back into boxing exercises and discovered some great punching bag for small spaces. Have any of you tried those out before?

HateSermon

Quote from: Trintadant on March 30, 2023, 07:50:24 PM
Hey, I just stumbled upon this thread and wanted to add my 2 cents. I agree that sometimes sports are more about intrigue and drama than the actual sport itself. As for McGregor, I'm not sure if he deserves a rematch either, but it would definitely generate a lot of hype and money for the UFC. And yeah, that Wilder vs Fury fight was pretty interesting, and it's cool to see Fury come out of retirement and prove himself against Wilder. Still, fights like these always inspire me to work out and improve my own fitness level. By the way, I've been looking into getting back into boxing exercises and discovered some great punching bag for small spaces. Have any of you tried those out before?

I've got a traditional hanging heavy bag and it's great, but I would only recommend it if you have some strong foundation to install it in. Otherwise it'd probably tear your shit apart.