MIXED MARTIAL ARTS

Started by bitewerksMTB, December 29, 2013, 11:17:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bitewerksMTB

I watched the pre-lim's last night and, I guess, it was last weekend there were two UFC events and Bellator. I went back n' forth on Bellator and the UFC pre-lim/Fight Night. I don't remember anything good about Bellator other than a highlight they showed of a knock-out by spinning elbow during their unaired pre-lim bouts.

The liver kick mentioned was pretty awesome & the match that ended with elbows on the ground. There was a tap-out but ref didn't see it & the winner didn't stop. I think he landed something like 6 elbows after the tap, which, he said he felt.

Man, that upper cut! Even with mouth guard, you'd think he'd have jaw or teeth damage.

Scat-O-Logy

Scat-O-Logy

Awaiting UFC219 with a hard cock. Khalil Rountree has been looking like a killer in his last two fights. Very loose and relaxed, dangerous combination for a powerful striker like him plus it's nice that he worked on his takedown defense. Hoping he puts his fist through that Pole's face. Carlos Condit is back. Let's be real here, he won against "Robbery" Lawler so basically he's the welterweight champ. Cynthia Calvillo vs Carla Esparza is an interesting one since Carla, who I used to hate, has improved her striking drastically. Both chicks have good ground game which usually leads to great stand-up fight. Marc Diakiese is an exciting mofo but dummy don't know how to block leg kicks. Hopefully he worked on that cause Dan Hooker (lol) is no joke. Co-main event Khabib Nurmagomedov vs Edson Barboza... Hoping Barboza puts an end to Kebab hype train. However, Barboza has had problems with wrestlers who pressure him and throw sloppy punches. I wouldn't be surprised even if Kebab KO'd Barboza. Main event Cris Cyborg vs Holly Holm... Obviously hoping Cyborg KO's Holly but we'll see... It could easily become bull (Cyborg) vs matador (Holly) but if Cyborg can pressure Holly and corner her, she'll be done. Awesome way to end great MMA year 2017! (even if McNuggets held up the LW division)

Scat-O-Logy

UFC220 will be monolithic PPV start for the new year... Out of the prelims, at least Abdul Razak Alhassan vs Sabah Homasi stands out... They already fought once but Adbul got a fluke TKO win over Sabah due to referees mistake so UFC booked the same fight again. The first one was fun as long as it lasted, both muzzies slinging some leather. Main card is fucking golden! Thomas Almeida was at one point fast tracking towards the bantamweight championship but Cody Garbrandt happened and now he's fighting a bum like Rob Font. Gian Villante vs Francimar Barroso will be a barn burner cause Gain is too dumb for his own good so he'll just throw hands until one of the guys is out. Usually it's him, haha! Calvin Kattar vs Shane Burgos will be a pretty thing to watch, Shane has brilliant movement and his last performance was flawless. Then the two HEAVYWEIGHT main events, first Daniel Cormier defends his belt against heavy handed Volkan Oezdemir who has no time and dynamite in his hands. After that, Francis Ngannou will try to murder Stipe Miocic with one of those nasty upper cuts to win the belt. If Stipe wins, he'll go down in the history books as a heavyweight champion with most title defenses. Luckily I got Saturday off work so I'll stay awake all night and return to work on Sunday tired as fuck but at least I'll have good time as long as it lasts. Hails!

impulse manslaughter

Any fighters here? I started with hapkido (Korean martial arts) last year. Mix of self defense and various fighting techniques. I'm too old to become a good fighter but i'm really enjoying myself.. Yellow belt now, orange will be next!

Scat-O-Logy

Mostly into boxing but you can never train too much wrestling or BJJ...

2 weeks to go for UFC 223... FerGOAT vs Kebab booked for the 3rd or 4th time already, let's see if it finally happens. That means McNugget gets stripped of his belt and the winner becomes the undisputed lw champ. The main card is killer all around. Paul Felder to KO "Raging" Al Iaquinta, Michael "Didn't tap" Chiesa to tap Anthony "Sometimes" Pettis, Calvin "Where did this guy come from?!" Kattar to outclass Renato "Who the fuck is that guy?!" Moicano, Rose "Buzzcut" Namajunas bringing that bully beatdown on Joanna Jędrzejczyk for the 2nd time. Used to love Joanna when she still trained with her original coaches in Poland but fame got to her, she moved to the US, changed her coaches and became a total bitch. Glad Rose KO'd her back then... This has Rousey vs Nunes written all over it! :D

A lot of good fights has happened in the meantime but anxiously waiting for FerGOAT to make kebab out of Khabib. Nigga sharpening his elbows by hitting metal bars... there's no one crazier than my boy Tony.

Scat-O-Logy

Quote from: Scat-O-Logy on March 26, 2018, 02:11:10 AMFerGOAT vs Kebab booked for the 3rd or 4th time already, let's see if it finally happens.

FerGOAT lost the battle to some cables, fell over and bust his fucking knee so this is off once again! Now Kebab is facing the final boss in those cables. Nah, the featherweight champ Max Holloway stepped up to be dry humped by Kebab. He has brilliant kickboxing skills and very good takedown defense but relies a lot on defending the takedowns against the octagon. That's where Kebab is on his strongest so Max gonna get raped. Shame cause he's pretty much my favorite fighter.

Fuck McNuggets for posting shit about staying ready yet running for cover when the opportunity presents itself. Same for Eddie Alvarez for claiming to be ready to step up if one of these guys pull out yet when the opportunity presents itself, he's too heavy.

Respect to Max and I wish he pulls the upset. Nothing against Kebab but I'm tired of hearing about his undefeated record.

Scat-O-Logy

This was fun: https://youtu.be/TtRN6y-VPjQ

One thing to take into consideration is that Max had full camp where he prepared to defend his featherweight belt against another great wrestler in Frankie Edgar but Frankie is a lot smaller and his wrestling is very basic US style while Kebab is sambo style, kinda like a bear... Once he gets a hold of you, you're going down and you'll stay there unless he wants to let you up.

Scat-O-Logy

McNuggets trying to stay relevant (once again): https://youtu.be/AoZ2tFBplTc

I guess he was there looking for revenge since Kebab and his team ganged up on his team mate Artem Lobov who's also fighting at UFC 223. My question is why he wasn't with his friend and team mate to begin with?

Scat-O-Logy

Scat-O-Logy

Nate Diaz and Conor McGregor are back!

FallOfNature

Quote from: impulse manslaughter on March 01, 2018, 01:53:27 AM
Any fighters here? I started with hapkido (Korean martial arts) last year. Mix of self defense and various fighting techniques. I'm too old to become a good fighter but i'm really enjoying myself.. Yellow belt now, orange will be next!

I spent my school days with Korean Martial Arts, graded at every opportunity I could and earned a red in TKD. I trialled Hapkido for 3 months some years ago. Nice hobby but I'm dubious about a lot of things I saw taught as "self defence". But like everything, varies from trainer to trainer and how hard you drill it with applications and pressure. Mine was just perhaps a little too "McDojo" for what I was looking for at the time.

Spent a few years off/on with Kyokushin and another derivative of it. Had a few bouts with mixed results, including a nice KO or two.
1st kyu in Battojutsu/Iaido.

Wing Tsun, Hung Gar, Southern Mantis for awhile each. Bujinkan Budo Taijutsu (or Ninjutsu to most people) until I got tired of the stupid shit they were trying to teach. Took whatever Kali/phillipino MA classes/seminars I could when available. For a long time I worked as a bouncer so anything close quarters and quick was very interesting to me.

Nowadays just some freestyle grappling and Judo takedown drills. I'm really interested in western boxing nowadays too, even if the footwork frustrates the hell out of me.

You might say I have a short attention span.

FallOfNature

ANDROPHILIA

-ANDROPHILIA
-LIM DUL

"Give me crack and anal sex
Take the only tree that's left
and stuff it up the hole
in your culture" 
(L.Cohen)