Best Industrial/Noise Compilations

Started by Jaakko V., December 21, 2013, 01:09:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Scat-O-Logy

I prefer thematic compilations like those on IOPS, the stone themed compilation "Stein" on Verlautbarung where most artists used geological materials as sound sources and "Hour Of The Wolf" compilation on Freak Animal where the contributing artists had their recording sessions during a period between night and dawn. Also preferably compilations with art and text contributed by each involved artist. But of course there are classic compilations on cult labels such as Nekrophile Rekords, Broken Flag, Iphar, Come Organisation etc (just to name a few) that are very important. Then there are compilations from labels such as Järtecknet and Galakthorrö whose roster consists of specific sounding projects which makes their compilations sound very uniform. All in all, noise/PE compilations are usually very nice.

collapsedhole

a few favorites that immediately come to mind...

WHITE EYE OF WINTER WATCHING - 2x-c110, Hospital Productions

THE JAPANESE / AMERICAN NOISE TREATY - 2xCD, Release Entertainment

MUSIC SHOULD HURT - CD, Self Abuse Records

AT THE END OF THE ROPE - 2x-CD, Chondritic Sound

PARASIT - LP, Ant-Zen

CATACLASTIC FRACTURE - CD, Deadline Recordings

TEN-JIN - LP, Urashima

burdizzo

The ones on Stateart - "How Terrorists Kill" CD and "Natural Order" 2LP.
The Praxis Dr. Bearman "War Against Society"
There was a 10" w/ Operation Cleansweep, Genocide Organ, Der Blutharsch, Con-Dom, Inade... but I can't remember the name or the label off the top of my head.
"Exploration One", can't remember the label.
Also, there was a tribute to TG called "We Hate You".
"Adventures In Modern Electronics", Pinch a Loaf - anyone?

Also, I agree, "Parasit" was a damn fine comp., too.

However, in contrast to what Blackhole said, I don't think the "Nihil" comp. is that great. Certainly not on a par w/ the above. Ages since I listened to it, though, I must admit.

ConcreteMascara

[death|trigger|impulse]

http://soundcloud.com/user-658220512

Deadpriest

HARD PANNING (the ultimate contemporary cut-up harsh noise international compilation) (Triangle Records)

Japanoise Of Death I & II
(Steinklang Records)

Extreme Music From Japan (Susan Lawly)

Noise Conglomerate IV (not sure)
My book of poetry: http://www.histergrant.com/

absurdexposition

Quote from: BlackHole on February 02, 2017, 09:03:08 AM
CMI compilations such as NIHIL

Quote from: burdizzo on February 02, 2017, 06:44:22 PM
However, in contrast to what Blackhole said, I don't think the "Nihil" comp. is that great. Certainly not on a par w/ the above. Ages since I listened to it, though, I must admit.

Love the Nihil comp. "Kill the Blind" is one of the best IRM tracks.
Primitive Isolation Tactics
Scream & Writhe distro and Absurd Exposition label
Montreal, QC
https://www.screamandwrithe.com

ANDROPHILIA

- The Absolute Supper great compilation from CM! of the golden age. very interesting booklet

- Death Odors 1-2-3 series of compilations from slaughter productions. sounding quite varied

- Audacia Imperat OEC compilation brown and grey area oriented

- Hated perversion strong enough from freak animal

- Supreme garbage vol 1-2 tape comp. including only italian projects

- Nihilist Assaultcore great zero cabal compilation

Red Scum F6V thematic comp. with Pogrom, XE etc
-ANDROPHILIA
-LIM DUL

"Give me crack and anal sex
Take the only tree that's left
and stuff it up the hole
in your culture" 
(L.Cohen)

ANDROPHILIA

-ANDROPHILIA
-LIM DUL

and stuff it up the hole
in your culture" 
(L.Cohen)

bitewerksMTB

I miss vinyl compilations. Some nice, reliable label should start compiling one right now & invite Mania to contribute...

Scat-O-Logy

Quote from: bitewerksMTB on February 02, 2017, 09:26:19 PM
I miss vinyl compilations. Some nice, reliable label should start compiling one right now & invite Mania to contribute...

THIS. Red Scum will be released on vinyl by Viva Angel Press, quite limited edition.

anotherwaytogetold

Death Odors has been essential to me.
As well as The Abosulte Supper and Estheticks Of Cruelty - An Explicit Odyssey Into Swedish Agricultural Sounds. Transmissions Of Hatred is not to be forgotten either.

ANDROPHILIA

Quote from: Scat-O-Logy on February 02, 2017, 09:43:25 PM
Quote from: bitewerksMTB on February 02, 2017, 09:26:19 PM

THIS. Red Scum will be released on vinyl by Viva Angel Press, quite limited edition.

good news
-ANDROPHILIA
-LIM DUL

and stuff it up the hole
in your culture" 
(L.Cohen)

Zeno Marx

"the overindulgent machines were their children"
I only buy vinyl, d00ds.

MMMM

I already wanted to make a topic for this tape, but I may as well post it here.
Has anyone here had the chance to hear this or maybe even owns it? Early 80s, curated by R. Rupenus(possibly distributed by Broken Flag?), all sorts of big names on it.

https://www.discogs.com/Various-Slaughter-Of-The-Innocent/release/426191

Practically no information on it anywhere, which is really strange to me considering the time and place of release and the artists involved... it seems like something that would be of a lot of interest to a lot of people...

As for personal favorites... The Sound Of Hate! Especially the first 3-4 tapes. Outstanding graphics, outstanding sounds. A high quality reissue of the series, reverent towards the original presentation of the material, is long overdue...

Quote from: ImpulsyStetoskopu on December 22, 2013, 10:50:52 AM

Yugoslavia I
Yugoslavia II
Yugoslavia III - Probably, one of the greatest tryptych, True zeitgeist and intense dokument of forgotten time, forgotten places and forgotten people.

Very good.

Quote from: SILVUM on December 24, 2013, 01:27:29 AM

No Reagan = No Real Hardcore CS http://www.discogs.com/Various-No-Reagan-No-Real-Hardcore/release/996823

No Reagan Equals No Real Hardcore #2 http://www.discogs.com/Various-No-Reagan-Equals-No-Real-Hardcore-2/release/890404

I've been wanting to hear these for a long time. Dilloway should reissue them on CD. Fuck, I'd even take a Bandcamp upload.

Quote from: Baglady on November 23, 2014, 05:50:29 PM

UNDERGROUND CANADA - c64 (MSNP)
This one is just nuts. Few acts with longer contributions. Knurl, TADM, The Rita, Scissor, Tension Hook and Eleven (which is... Roemer?). Everyone delivers. Top picks for me are Knurl and The Rita. Just insane.

Underground USA is one of my favorite noise compilations(the tracks from Strict and Bob Marinelli in particular) but Canada was quite inferior from what I remember. Monotonous in all the wrong ways... I should probably listen to it again.

Deadpriest

HARD PANNING (the ultimate contemporary cut-up harsh noise international compilation) (Triangle Records)

Japanoise Of Death I & II (Steinklang Records)

Extreme Music From Japan (Susan Lawly)

Noise Conglomerate IV (not sure)
My book of poetry: http://www.histergrant.com/