Other

Started by Levas, December 02, 2013, 10:16:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Levas

tinnitustimulus

To be fair, I have had the same Monster y cables for over ten years, and they have yet to go bad, I go through Radio Shack y cables after 3 years and sometimes less. Not that I consider myself an audiophile, it was more like a misguided trip to Circuit City as young teenager that seemed to work out in the long run.

Cementimental

yeah, the only reason to buy expensive cables is durability. However I stick to cheap-ish ones because even an expensive one isn't immune to being left at the venue/ending up with some one else's gear/having the tip bent or snapped off when i throw everything on the floor/severed by a contact mic'd metal object etc etc :D

pentd

maybe you need them to be crazy long before noticing the diffrence. a better wire will take distance better

Cementimental

Quote from: pentd on January 02, 2014, 11:33:57 PM
maybe you need them to be crazy long before noticing the diffrence. a better wire will take distance better
I'm still pretty sure it makes no difference for a speaker cable unless your hifi is down the street from your living room :D And for audio cables you just need the right buffering to correct it.