New: Brainbombs - Disposal of a Dead Body (Double-LP)

Started by RyanWreck, September 12, 2013, 04:57:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RyanWreck

On Skrammel Records, you can pre-order here:

http://www.skrammelrecords.se/#skr016

(not my label, I have nothing to do with it I just thought it was great news and people here would probably want to know about it.)

Mikerdeath

Matthias

It's already out. Nothing to get too excited about, actually had a hard time getting through all 4 sides. Old, tired men doing it all on routine.

bitewerksMTB

I'd be curious to hear it but "Fucking Mess" wasn't very good (& over-priced in the U.S.).  The 2LP title is certainly uninspired. I guess they ran out of titles out of "Pure" & haven't picked up any of the more recent books.

online prowler

Quote from: Matthias on September 12, 2013, 09:21:47 AM
Old, tired men doing it all on routine.

Heard something similar, but holding my own opnion until I've listened to it. Nevertheless Matthias, maybe they should start working with drone?

blackoperations

i thought 'fucking mess' was great. looking forward to hearing this but double album maybe a bit much. it's not one 'new' recording - it's stuff already recorded from 2006-2009, but not been released.

JHC

Quote from: bitewerksMTB on September 13, 2013, 09:20:35 PM
I'd be curious to hear it but "Fucking Mess" wasn't very good (& over-priced in the U.S.).  The 2LP title is certainly uninspired. I guess they ran out of titles out of "Pure" & haven't picked up any of the more recent books.

I really liked the laid back (but still quite deliberate) delivery of the title track and Skinned Alive.Stalker is absolutely beautiful what with it's soft rock mellow oldies vibe.The "urgent" tracks like Ohh What a Feeling could get quite tedious though...like the needle is stuck in the groove for way too long before the barrage of noise hits.While not essential,it shines enough in spots to merit infrequent spins.I probably wouldn't sell it off.

I will probably pick up Disposal... though I feel I should know better.Doubles always seem to be loaded with filler which could be whittled away to make a great single album....and this double record following an LP that I feel could have been carved down to a great EP.
"Poetry don't work on whores."

bitewerksMTB

I think "F.M." is just one of those releases that faded for me over time. I made a burn of it so that means I liked it when I d/l'd it but the last listen or 2, it's just seemed 'eh'.

slugpace

yosef666

Quote from: Matthias on September 12, 2013, 09:21:47 AM
It's already out. Nothing to get too excited about, actually had a hard time getting through all 4 sides. Old, tired men doing it all on routine.
I'm still waiting for my pre-order copy... hopefully they ship soon!
Where we're from, the birds sing a pretty song and there's always music in the air.

"As long as humans have hands to draw with, topics such as fucking, sucking, tits, ass, sodomy, pink cunts and big dicks along with death, murder, politics and power will always be on our cave walls." -Joe Roemer

blackoperations

just occured to me ... 'disposal of a dead body' ... maybe/probably indicates brainbombs really have wrapped it up this time and all these unreleased tracks are being 'disposed of' together on this their final release. makes sense to me. well, c'est la vie, roll on the next no balls album then ...

by the way, does anybody wanna buy a 'fucking mess' shirt? was only available at paris gig and briefly by mailorder after. front cover text in white in middle of grey shirt. slick. size large. good nick. 20 euros to anywhere. message blackoperations_uk at hotmail dot com

AWWFN

Is anybody else not getting a response from the label?  Asked if I could buy a bunch wholesale.  Can't even fuckin give your money away these days...

online prowler

Quote from: AWWFN on October 09, 2013, 01:43:26 AM
Is anybody else not getting a response from the label?  Asked if I could buy a bunch wholesale.  Can't even fuckin give your money away these days...

They might only be using est. distributor channels. Depending on the company they use, there might be restrictions in their agreement to sell to other companies.

slugpace

I had no problems getting copies on wholesale, but Robert might be a bit swamped with all the orders at the moment. I'm sure he'll reply when he gets around to it.

Of course, it might be that they have an exclusive U.K. distributor or something, but I'm sure he'll let you know about it. Never had any trouble with Skrammel, although the packaging can be pretty dodgy at times.