Sissy Spacek

Started by dmkerr, September 06, 2013, 03:28:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

holy ghost

I'm still waiting for my Daymare order - glad I paid for registered/insured shipping. Very interested in hearing the Daymare CDs. Dotsmark one was really cool but I haven't had a chance to check out the DVD.

EDIT: of course like 10 minutes after I make this post the mailman shows up to deliver the package. Pretty stoked.

holy ghost

Y'all like how a couple of us went crazy ordering from Japan for these gosh darn CDs and they're still in stock at the Helicopter storenvy?

I hit Spirant up this morning on my way to work and fuck it RIPS HARD. Love these larger groups with more of a saxy free jazz spirit to them. This one friggin' slaps.

sadneck

Quote from: holy ghost on January 03, 2019, 07:07:45 PM

I hit Spirant up this morning on my way to work and fuck it RIPS HARD. Love these larger groups with more of a saxy free jazz spirit to them. This one friggin' slaps.

Reckon that's my fav of the lot, maybe. Still digesting them all. The New Forces LP rips hard, too.

holy ghost

I snagged the Caravan C40 a while back and put it in a pile and forgot about it until today which is a shame - it's GREAT. Aaron Dilloway is all over it and the mix is really great. Two long tracks that are more "musique concrete" than "noisecore" and it works great. This would be a great candidate for an LP version as this is limited to 99 copies, says the tape sleeve. Definitely a solid, standout recording!!

sadneck

Quote from: holy ghost on February 28, 2019, 01:16:26 AM
I snagged the Caravan C40 a while back and put it in a pile and forgot about it until today which is a shame - it's GREAT. Aaron Dilloway is all over it and the mix is really great. Two long tracks that are more "musique concrete" than "noisecore" and it works great. This would be a great candidate for an LP version as this is limited to 99 copies, says the tape sleeve. Definitely a solid, standout recording!!

I grabbed that one too but it's still in my listening pile.

Spun Trash Staging last night and Spiriant in the car this morning. Both fantastic and completely different.

PedestrianOrgans

Let me know if anyone has a copy of the Caravan tape they could part with, missed that one

holy ghost

Summer update pre-orders available - collabs with Smegma, Hijokaidan, The Haters. Everything looks magnificent!!

Fistfuck Masonanie

Most excited for that Hijo collab but I'm sure they are all solid releases. The Hater's sample II doesn't do too much for me, but VII sounds promising. Also very curious about those Haters bonus tapes, especially Scraping Glaze which the Discogs submission has a "marches, experimental" style tag...

sadneck

Couldn't not go for that stupid expensive special bundle with the pointless extra test pressing copy of the flexi.

The Hijo collab sounds like most Hijo really, but that's no bad thing.

Been spinning L/L a lot lately. As much as I LOVE harsh/grind Sissy, I'm getting real deep into their more free jazz/concrete/collage stuff at the moment.

holy ghost

Quote from: sadneck on June 06, 2019, 10:54:54 AM
Couldn't not go for that stupid expensive special bundle with the pointless extra test pressing copy of the flexi.

The Hijo collab sounds like most Hijo really, but that's no bad thing.

Been spinning L/L a lot lately. As much as I LOVE harsh/grind Sissy, I'm getting real deep into their more free jazz/concrete/collage stuff at the moment.

I saw the Helicopter email when I woke up and I lay in bed for like 20 minutes mentally debating if I had the cash available for such a purchase - I went against it and just did the bundle #2 in the end but I'm hella jealous! I haven't listened to any samples yet but this is their best summer bundle yet from the sounds of it. I love the Sissy Spacek collab 7" with Smegma from a few years ago.

WCN

I'm stocking the new Helicopter for EU and international - including both the CD and LP version of the Hijokaidan collab.
Harsh Noise label and EU based distro of American Imports
https://whitecentipedenoise.com/

sadneck

So there has been a HUGE bunch of Spacek stuff out over the last month or so.

This most recent one is a big chunk of harsh/core noise stuff. Worth your time: https://sissyspacek.bandcamp.com/merch/sissy-spacek-corpus-6-panel-digipak-cd

holy ghost

I grabbed that CD and the two super limited tapes from the bandcamp, waiting on them to arrive (tracking says "in Jamaica NY" so probably next week) and also noticed on discogs there were a couple of super limited lathes and tapes I missed out on over 2019.

sadneck

I grabbed the tapes as well but haven't had a chance to listen yet.

I also got the Collateral Dilation lathe last month but again, not listened yet.

thetenthousandthings

Quote from: sadneck on June 17, 2020, 02:15:28 PM
I also got the Collateral Dilation lathe last month but again, not listened yet.

How is it?? Really wanted this but couldn't justify the cost.