Sissy Spacek

Started by dmkerr, September 06, 2013, 03:28:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sadneck

Quote from: holy ghost on September 26, 2018, 10:47:43 AM
I've put in a PayPal request for the dotsmark disc, I'll try CD Japan for the daymare discs.

That's what I did and my order got canceled almost immediately. I've emailed twice about it but had no reply.

holy ghost

Quote from: sadneck on September 26, 2018, 11:37:29 AM
Quote from: holy ghost on September 26, 2018, 10:47:43 AM
I've put in a PayPal request for the dotsmark disc, I'll try CD Japan for the daymare discs.

That's what I did and my order got canceled almost immediately. I've emailed twice about it but had no reply.

Damn, that's a shame - I ordered the two Daymare CDs from CDJapan as well, no problems navigating their site - thanks for the tip.

I'll keep up my optimism I get an email from the Dotsmark site but not holding my breath - if anyone has any leads I'd really like to get this one!

Zeno Marx

Won't Mr.Wiese have these for sale via his Helicopter store or the Sissy Spacek bandcamp?
"the overindulgent machines were their children"
I only buy vinyl, d00ds.

holy ghost

That's a definite possibility, shipping from Japan is about the same from the US for me at this point....

sadneck

I asked him that on Facebook and he just pointed me towards the label sites to order. I *think* they are "japan" exclusives. We'll see.

sadneck

Btw, I've been listening to Formation on my drive to and from work this week. It's VERY different, at least the first track is a simple buzzing drone piece, very straight forward, no grind/noise/concrete stuff. The rest is abit more junk noise/concrete but a touch more ambient than usual. It's a nice one.

holy ghost

I tried again with Dotsmark but gave them my credit card info this time instead of asking for a PayPal invoice.

"We'll see"

whiteheatnoise

We've contacted Dotsmark to get copies of the SS discs on both Dotsmark and Daymare for US customers. We will also try to order more copies of the World Discography CD for those interested. Once copies are available we'll make a post here.

holy ghost

My order was accepted and they've charged my credit card so I'm hopeful I'll be able to grab that Dotsmark one, it sounds totally wild and I'd love to catch that DVD too....

I've got the Blear LP on order and I've paid for the New Forces stuff but I'm waiting to have it shipped until October. I love how SS comes in waves, I think last year it was the Rip box and some other stuff and he year before at the end of summer there were a ton of things and all those Taperoom tapes, etc.

holy ghost

Just got a note from Dotsmark - he was organizing the Sissy Spacek tour and was behind in his shipping. Just updated the order and provided tracking and apologized for the delay - which was only a few days!!!! Very cool.

sadneck

I'll have to try order again then!

Zeno Marx

What's the page count and page size on the New Forces Sissy Spacek zine?
I only buy vinyl, d00ds.

holy ghost

Quote from: Zeno Marx on October 11, 2018, 11:36:46 PM
What's the page count and page size on the New Forces Sissy Spacek zine?

8 1/2 x 11 and about 20 pages or so? Solid read, an interview that takes up most of the zine and some reviews. Definitely essential for any SS mincers out there. And the fucking LP is great as is Blear and the NWN one.

Zeno Marx

Thanks for the details.
I only buy vinyl, d00ds.

whiteheatnoise

Skeleton Dust will be receiving copies of the Sissy Spacek - Expanding Antiverse CD/DVD, as well as restock copies of the World - Discography CD on Dotsmark shortly. We also just received copies of the Formation disc on Daymare, along with restock copies of the Ways Of Confusion LP which will be in our Discogs store momentarily. Copies of the Spirant CD on Daymare should be arriving in the shop in the hopefully-near future as well.