Sissy Spacek

Started by dmkerr, September 06, 2013, 03:28:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

New Forces

Yes, the next issue of New Forces will be all Sissy Spacek to accompany the release of their new LP on New Forces. Look for that in September.
New Forces
https://newforces.bigcartel.com

Kjostad
Breaking The Will
Form Hunter
Cryocene

holy ghost

Quote from: New Forces on August 07, 2018, 04:32:18 PM
Yes, the next issue of New Forces will be all Sissy Spacek to accompany the release of their new LP on New Forces. Look for that in September.

This is seriously cool - just ordered the LP on NWN and both of these are highly anticipated releases!

I probably said this before in this thread but the last batch of SS CDs were so tight. Mitch from Gasp, Don Bolles, tons of weirdness, CDs tent to get filed and not get the attention they deserve so I haven't gone in great detail on them but seriously cool releases.

Zeno Marx

New Blear album is top notch.  Industrialism. 
"the overindulgent machines were their children"
I only buy vinyl, d00ds.

sadneck

Loving the amount of new releases from Sissy Spacek at the moment, though hard to get them in the UK.

Awaiting a copy of Ways of Confusion from HMV of all places.

@New Forces - well looking forward to that zine!

New Forces

Quote from: Zeno Marx on August 16, 2018, 02:56:30 AM
New Blear album is top notch.  Industrialism. 

Yea it's awesome, they have a slew of upcoming releases and they cover so much different sonic territory
New Forces

Kjostad
Breaking The Will
Form Hunter
Cryocene

j-han

Quote from: sadneck on September 05, 2018, 04:43:35 PM
Loving the amount of new releases from Sissy Spacek at the moment...

Yeah, what's up with that? I mean, they have five full lenght releases of 2018 already? Soon close to Merzbow pace...
Do they really keep quality?
(Will probably try them out anytime soon)

sadneck

Quote from: j-han on September 06, 2018, 03:43:32 PM

Yeah, what's up with that? I mean, they have five full lenght releases of 2018 already? Soon close to Merzbow pace...

The records tend to differ depending on who was playing and where/how it was recorded. The duo stuff tends to be the more straight forward grindcore/noisecore stuff, but when they play with larger groups it often ends up being long form harshnoise stuff, sometimes more concrete/sound art stuff etc... supposedly one of the newer japanese only CD releases is an ambient album or soemthing....

New Forces

Quote from: j-han on September 06, 2018, 03:43:32 PM

Extra active right now because it's the 20th anniversary of the band. Personally I think the quality is all high, having listened to all the new stuff. As has already been said, there's lots of variation, so it's not just the same grind record over and over
New Forces

Kjostad
Breaking The Will
Form Hunter
Cryocene

sadneck

Got my copies of the 2 Daymare Recordings CDs yesterday; only had the chance to listen to Spirant so far but it's killer. Kinda similar to Duration Groups (similar or the same line up even). Ted Byrnes on drums is killer. Improv-jazz-grind? It's superb.

holy ghost

Quote from: sadneck on September 20, 2018, 01:26:07 PM
Got my copies of the 2 Daymare Recordings CDs yesterday; only had the chance to listen to Spirant so far but it's killer. Kinda similar to Duration Groups (similar or the same line up even). Ted Byrnes on drums is killer. Improv-jazz-grind? It's superb.

Where did you get these from? Definitely interested in ordering!

(Edit: I am having some “challenges” navigating that Daymare site!!)

sadneck

Quote from: holy ghost on September 22, 2018, 10:59:12 AM
Quote from: sadneck on September 20, 2018, 01:26:07 PM

Where did you get these from? Definitely interested in ordering!

(Edit: I am having some "challenges" navigating that Daymare site!!)

Try here: http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/searches?term.media_format=cd&q=sissy+spacek (they also have lots of Hijokaidan et al if you're after other stuff too)

holy ghost

Cheers, thanks! Daymare site is only in Japanese - and these aren't even up on discogs yet.

sadneck

Quote from: holy ghost on September 24, 2018, 10:45:22 AM
Cheers, thanks! Daymare site is only in Japanese - and these aren't even up on discogs yet.

Yeah, I'm surprised the Dotsmark disc is on there but not these 2 on Daymare.

I tried to order the Dotsmark disc from the label but my order got cancelled and I've had no reply to any emails, so waiting for a Discogs seller for that one.

CDJapan is good, ordered a fair few things from them and had no trouble - though the box with my Sissy Spacek discs was subject to some customs which hasn't happened before.

holy ghost

I've put in a PayPal request for the dotsmark disc, I'll try CD Japan for the daymare discs.