Sissy Spacek

Started by dmkerr, September 06, 2013, 03:28:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dmkerr

Just received an order from Phage, which included the recent SS release "Wreck".  This is a short (28 mins) but extremely powerful harsh noise onslaught with a lot of subtleties.  I find it exhilirating!  Could have stood for another track but this one was just long enough.

Any suggestions on other things in this vein? 

eyestrain

I remember their self-titled debut CD on Helicopter (re-released on Troniks/PACrec & later as a 2x7" on A Dear Girl Called Wendy) being very diverse and full of subtleties as you mentioned, while still being a straight onslaught of harsh noise. This was over ten years prior to Wreck, which I have not heard - or many of their more recent albums, but I have a feeling their whole discography has a bit of what you crave. It's a bit massive already; anyone have suggestions of Sissy Spacek's better releases?

tinnitustimulus

My favorite is French Record. A lot of start and stop and metal clamoring, maybe not always full on harsh noise but very tasteful. Especially that track "Really Into the Haters".

eyestrain

Otomo_Hava

Wherever you found their California Ax 4CD set, purchase it with closed eyes.
Also, in case of wanting any electro-acoustic works, buy Sepsis CD.

dmkerr

Quote from: Otomo_Hava on September 07, 2013, 01:27:29 PM
Wherever you found their California Ax 4CD set, purchase it with closed eyes.
Also, in case of wanting any electro-acoustic works, buy Sepsis CD.

The 4 disc set should be on my doorstep today or Monday!

dmkerr

jesusfaggotchrist

Never liked this guy. Always came off as "bratty"

ConcreteMascara

I like the ridiculous grindy shit, specifically Gore Jet and Anti-Clockwise 7"s. Awesome live band too.
[death|trigger|impulse]

http://soundcloud.com/user-658220512

dmkerr

Quote from: jesusfaggotchrist on September 11, 2013, 08:34:34 PM
Never liked this guy. Always came off as "bratty"

Musically or personally?

TruckStopStranger

Quote from: ConcreteMascara on September 11, 2013, 10:38:54 PM
I like the ridiculous grindy shit, specifically Gore Jet and Anti-Clockwise 7"s. Awesome live band too.
I've spun gore jet hundreds of times, really good live. Dash is a favorite of mind by them, though, highly recommended.

A S I T G

Zeno Marx

Are there any interviews with Mumma and Wiese only about Sissy Spacek?  I'd like to hear about their process.  The Ways of Confusion album in particular makes it seem like there is some interesting procedure there.
"the overindulgent machines were their children"
I only buy vinyl, d00ds.

DSOL

"I do not get bored of nude ladies nor good Japanese noise"

thetenthousandthings

Quote from: Zeno Marx on August 02, 2018, 08:18:24 PM
Are there any interviews with Mumma and Wiese only about Sissy Spacek?  I'd like to hear about their process.  The Ways of Confusion album in particular makes it seem like there is some interesting procedure there.

Quote from: New Forces on April 25, 2018, 05:52:30 PM
Lots of SS activity this summer (records, shows) due to it being the 20th anniversary. The next issue of the New Forces zine will be all Sissy Spacek with a history of the band / interview with John and Charlie, among other things.

Absolutely something to look forward to there.