Richard Ramirez

Started by Otomo_Hava, September 02, 2013, 10:31:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

collapsedhole

"I Keep My Stuff Inside" is likely my favorite of RR solo works. not only for the nostalgia of being 16 and getting an LP that was padlocked shut and using bolt cutters for the first time (i remember thinking: yes! this is industrial music!) , but all this time later still the compositional intent and sound work holds up as focused and solid. cold, industrial, and a more unusual set of sounds (from the RR i've heard at least) make it stand out. ok, maybe a tiny bit much flanger for me - but hey, that shit wasn't played out yet when this was recorded!

On the flip side of the sound palette, "Male" CS on Truculent Recordings (released about 7 years later) is also a fav despite totally minimal, stream-of-conciousness feel... mostly metal, feedback and voice, this is primitive stuff - but personally i connect with the movements on a cerebral level, making it a tape i'd never get rid of, i play it about once every other year.

Ninth Massacre collection box on Trash Ritual is awesome, total endless filth - i've missed almost all his 90s work except for some downloads but this collection is so awesome i can only hope to keep hearing more and more, somehow.

Decrepitude

Werewolf Jerusalem's Confessions Of A Sex Maniac is up there, if not the most frequently listened individual noise release.

I recently got a CD version of the BLJ/RR split Scrapyard and it's great, very good material from both. One thing that I was thinking that I've read Ramirez say he doesn't like synth noise but the siren sound on Male Nudity Among American Wreckage sounds very much like a synth? Or it could also be mixer feedback maybe..

Very much waiting to hear the tape reissue on New Forces.

Deadpriest

Just heard Fatgirl and wanted to rave about it!! Very dense (more than layered) droning harsh noise, bloody great. Reading this thread it occurs to me to suggest Electric Bar With Chairs by 265 Bowery to those enjoying I Keep My Stuff On The Inside.
My book of poetry: http://www.histergrant.com/