Support them or not

Started by FreakAnimalFinland, August 30, 2013, 05:26:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

xdementia

This was posted by some fanatical try hard who thought anyone who enjoyed music that even slightly flirted with fascism and even just aesthetically was automatically a fascist/nazi. Of course he disappeared from the scene after like a month.

He should ad Weird Al to this list haha

A-Z

Quote from: xdementia on December 14, 2018, 03:38:25 AM
He should ad Weird Al to this list haha

on that poster weird al obviously plays with soviet rather than fascist aesthetics

vomitgore

Quote from: ritualabuser on December 14, 2018, 02:13:40 AM
Quote from: vomitgore on December 11, 2018, 02:45:31 PM
Definitely "BECAUSE of the content" option for me. Certain projects interest me because of the extreme content, and I boycott some because I highly disagree with their views.

Essentially this, but there are plenty of shitty acts using content and imagery that I enjoy, so the music has to back it up.

Yes, this is true. Thankfully, I have never encountered seriously great art by those people who I would highly disagree with, so no need to re-evaluate there. But even when the ideas and images fit, the music has to back it up. For example, I was highly excited when new "extreme" projects came up recently, but was highly disappointed when I actually heard them. Artists thinking that any kind of digital, effortless noise is sufficient, as long as you have edgy themes is something I also heavily disagree with. For me, the best PE is a result of great sounds and intense themes in interaction.

ANDROPHILIA

i buy tons of RAC anc political explicit music so YES
-ANDROPHILIA
-LIM DUL

"Give me crack and anal sex
Take the only tree that's left
and stuff it up the hole
in your culture" 
(L.Cohen)