Ryan Bloomer / Stegm / Traumatone etc.

Started by absoluten calfeutrail, July 14, 2013, 04:03:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

absoluten calfeutrail

I've maintained an interest in Ryan's practice since encountering the Freak Animal reissue of the Stegm classic 'Sugar Shower'. Always delivered great noise, and provided solid tools for the generation of noise by others - the Traumatone contact mic I bought from him a number of years back remains intact despite constant abuse. He seems to have been very quiet of late however - any Canadians have any insight to offer as to his current activities?

eyestrain

Had recently been wondering this as well. A favorite harsh noise artist. Bully Hiss was the last new work I'd heard and easily my favorite. Would love to find out that there's a future in Piss Horn as well --- another favorite.

Mikerdeath

bitewerksMTB

Last I heard from him, he said he was going to start school for underwater welding. Too bad he stopped making contact mics & spring instruments. I have one that I use all the time. Good guy/attitude/skill, etc. Hopefully he'll pop back up at some point. He disappeared a few times during Stegm & Flatline Construct too. A Piss Horn full-length would be nice... I had a more recent email address but the message I sent was never replied to.

absoluten calfeutrail

Ah OK, so it's only drums in Ride At Dawn these days then?

tiny_tove

i still bless his contact microphones.
to date the most robust animals I ever had on that front.

and piss horn were definitely hot
CALIGULA031 - WERTHAM - FORESTA DI FERRO
instagram: @ANTICITIZEN
http://elettronicaradicale.bandcamp.com
telegram for updated list: https://t.me/+03nSMe2c6AFmMTk0

THE RITA HN

Yes - he is now an underwater welder.
got some amazing stories from him of diving amongst wrecks in the great lakes.  atmospheric as hell.  

last HN show he played --- he rode from toronto, ON to victoria, BC on his harley ---
he had no gear --- i played a set with a board attached to two shaker boxes, abusing it with a knife.
we left the set up on the stage --- he then came on and abused the same board with brass knuckles.

and yes, his contact mics and filtered WNGs are now of legendary status.  still all i use.
the doubled gated fuzz circuits housed in an oversized metal box with only one on/off switch dubbed the LAKE SHARK is still in constant use as well.

eyestrain

Quote from: THE RITA HN on July 15, 2013, 08:18:08 PM
Yes - he is now an underwater welder.

Tits.

Was always disappointed I was a destitute college student while Traumatone was releasing all that great stuff. Thought the Torture Wheel seemed cool as hell.

pentd