Animals

Started by Peterson, June 19, 2013, 03:29:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Levas

Yeah he wrote in "Can Life Prevail?"

"Not only are fanatical animal protectors friends of the cat, but so is half of the population! Man's relationship with nature has never been more deranged, reckless and hypocritical than it is with the cat: when it comes to defending the cat, many environmentalists turn cunning and deceitful ... And what about the thousands of mawkish pictures of cats in magazines? In August, when the fledgeling flocks of little birds move low in bushes and grassy banks, I have seen a female cat carry a little bird to its autumnal kittens every half hour past my ornithologist's workplace - not a particularly encouraging message about my work. Compared to the cat, the sparrowhawk and the hobby are just amateurs. ... The cat problem is growing all the more serious now that animal protection authorities have passed a new insane resolution: they have decreed that putting a cat down by drowning is illegal. The breeding patterns among domestic cats have long infringed all natural boundaries: each cat now has a lifespan of twenty years, brings forth two broods a year, is fertile under the age of one and knows no natural enemies. Nothing even close this has ever before been observed in nature. ... Currently hoardes of cats are posing a severe threat to the conservation of birds and wildlife. A minimum requirement would be for cats to be registered and kept on a tight leash when outside; were any cat to be found slaughtering a protected animal, its owner should be prosecuted. This however is pure utopia - as is always the case with attempts to protect nature that clash with people's ardent desires. ... It is utterly impossible to accommodate cats in northern lands: the cat simply remains a grievance to be rooted out. Sure, cats are linked to some solid traditions, but so are spitting on the floor and tobacco. In any case, cats must be got rid of."

MT

The problem is real in the countryside, I agree. Linkola has his own extreme way of putting his words on the issue. But the problem here is man, again. It insanity not to get their pets neuteried it is cheap and easy. Typical recklesness of people living in country side, they if someone are more common to mistreat their animals. I just don't agree with his wrath against a certain type of animal, he's just mad because his beloved birds are getting killed and probably cause he has found an animal type that hippies like, a good chain to yank. If it was any other imbalance in food chain, he probably wouldn't care.

F_c_O

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qIji2Dcfzo4#t=14387

For those who are crazy like me and enjoy watching live stream of barn owl heating his/her eggs, having them hatch and seeing the little owlets grow.

THE RITA HN

Quotelive stream of barn owl

you might enjoy this piece my brother filmed on owls for national geographic a while ago:

http://mikemckinlay.com/updates/2014/7/26/filming-owls-with-national-geographic

Andrew McIntosh

Shikata ga nai.

Andrew McIntosh

Shikata ga nai.

aububs

david lloyd jones

squirrels-don't half cook well.
like small rabbits

david lloyd jones

well, some sun bloated hog will rash killed, otherwiselikely be too ripe to eat, but fresh killed otherwise...
don't forget, us Europeans hang our meat for several weeks in our climate to add flavour.

david lloyd jones

they run like fick.
still sausages are sausages as far as end product goes

david lloyd jones

bought sausages and smoked bacon this weekend.
yum!