Special Interest
February 28, 2020, 12:59:00 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8]
  Print  
Author Topic: Noise rock  (Read 37316 times)
cr
Diehard user

« Reply #105 on: August 03, 2019, 03:07:47 PM »

Trying to think back on what my first exposure to 'noise rock' bands & I'm guessing it was Big Black. Their work still holds up pretty damn good today. Lovely subject matter, as well.

I guess they were my first exposure, too. The Pig Pile CD just blew me away back then.  Was a bit too young to know their records from the 80's, but after listening to Pig Pile I tried to get them all. Only some weeks ago I bought most of them on vinyl again.
And after Big Black or at the same time I think I discovered Unsane (The Singles 89-92 CD), and then various AmRep records like the Dope-Guns-'N-Fucking In The Streets CD compilations with nice bands like Today is the Day or Love 666. Still like them all.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2019, 05:49:53 PM by cr » Logged
EXU
user

« Reply #106 on: August 03, 2019, 05:46:12 PM »

Probably Big Black and Butthole Surfers were the first ones for me too, and old Swans and Unsane came right after. It took me some years then to became obsessed with the "genre" (such a loose denomination but whatever). Flipper I probably listened before BB but I was too young and dumb to notice it's geniality, it all came together with Brainbombs and Cows.
The AmpRep catalogue is mandatory and there is a great documentary of it (The Color of Noise) with bands like God Bullies, Lubricated Goat and the aforementioned Cows, Unsane...

DEAF KIDS from Brazil mixes noise rock with crust/hardcore and they signed with Neurot recently:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RiE2ITQ8a6Q
They are cool.
FLORIDA MAN

« Reply #107 on: August 05, 2019, 05:39:26 PM »

Harry Pussy
FLORIDA MAN

« Reply #108 on: August 05, 2019, 05:48:56 PM »

How 'bout some classic noise rock?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IDFFzZRIcQI
Born F. Mental

« Reply #109 on: December 18, 2019, 08:35:13 PM »

https://kugikano.bandcamp.com/album/stumble-futile-burial
Hatefukk

« Reply #110 on: January 22, 2020, 03:10:39 AM »

For example, a few friends of mine (andy from The Vomit Arsonist, Jim from Deterge) turned me on to Today Is The Day and Unsane, really getting into that kind of post-hardcore-noiserock-mathcore stuff...

I'm not sure if anyone has mentioned them yet but Brainbombs for sure.  Some of Heroine Shieks get's pretty noise as well.  NoBalls would be a nice one.  If you enjoy Unsane you should give Cutthroats9 a try as it has some of the members of Unsane if I am not mistaken. If you don't mind it being a little punky there is an amazing band called NO (absolute nightmare to search for due to the name but if you toss in the album title it helps, look for "NO - Treating people like they don't exist".  I'm sure there will be a ton more that come to mind the second I walk away from this post but hopefully all of the above bands haven't already been mentioned and you get a chance to give them a listen.
Hatefukk

« Reply #111 on: January 22, 2020, 03:12:19 AM »

Upsidedowncross . Also apologies for my sloppy post above.  Only the first line is a quotation, the rest is my actual response.
seventhcircle

« Reply #112 on: January 22, 2020, 05:16:11 PM »

Upsidedowncross . Also apologies for my sloppy post above.  Only the first line is a quotation, the rest is my actual response.
I waaaannnaaa haaaaaaaaaaang, on an upsideee doowwwwn cross!!

Brainbombs have a new record for pre-order on Skrammel. I'll wait until a digital version is out, but I'd expect nothing less than another instance of genius and brutality.

nothing is precious, bastardize everything
cr
Diehard user

« Reply #113 on: January 31, 2020, 06:00:02 PM »

I think it's not exactly fitting to this topic, but as it was released by AmRep: I am just listening to Helios Creed: Kiss to the brain CD. It has been years since the last time. Maybe at the moment I can blame the mood I'm in, but I must admit, I'm a little bit disappointed. I had better memories of this.
duckworship

« Reply #114 on: January 31, 2020, 07:38:49 PM »

I was considering mentioning Helios on this thread - especially the great CHROME (when Helios and Damon were involved). The repetitive idiom of "some are better than others" really apply to H's output. I'd really have to sit down and listen to some of them again, but the ones worth checking out would be (in my opinion at least) are X-Rated Fairy Tales, Superior Catholic Finger and The Last Laugh. As for Chrome - really, any of the records H and Damon did up until The Chronicles / Raining Milk are all great and essential listening. If you had to find one to start out with, Half Machine Lip Moves. Fun fact: Brainbombs did a cover of a song off of that album!

I think it's not exactly fitting to this topic, but as it was released by AmRep: I am just listening to Helios Creed: Kiss to the brain CD. It has been years since the last time. Maybe at the moment I can blame the mood I'm in, but I must admit, I'm a little bit disappointed. I had better memories of this.
impulse manslaughter
Heavy user

« Reply #115 on: February 16, 2020, 11:56:56 AM »

Drunks With Guns.

Just listened to the DWG 7" I have. Great stuff. Now scanning this topic for similar stuff.
impulse manslaughter
Heavy user

« Reply #116 on: February 16, 2020, 12:09:29 PM »

Some band I like that weren't mentioned here:
- Terminal Cheesecake
- Killdozer
- Rapeman
- Head Of David
Hatefukk

« Reply #117 on: February 19, 2020, 01:59:49 AM »

Killdozer are great although i'm not sure that I would put them in the noise rock category.  In fact I'm not sure WHAT category I would put them into. Sleazy, noisy, pro-farmer punk rock maybe?
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8]
  Print  

Jump to: