Purchase List

Started by Otomo_Hava, May 24, 2013, 09:30:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Scat-O-Logy

Got couple more tapes:

Scat-O-Logy

Reverorum Ib Malacht - De Mysteriis Dom Christi (The Ajna Offensive - FLAME85)

Arkona - Zeta Reticuli (A Tale About Hatred And Total Enslavement) (Pussy God Records - PGR 022)
Bekëth Nexëhmü - Dauþuz (Not On Label (Bekëth Nexëhmü Self-released) - none)
Black Priest Of Satan - The Black Candles Burn (Not On Label (Black Priest Of Satan Self-release) - none)
Cruciamentum - Luctus Infinite (Not On Label (Cruciamentum Self-released) - none) freebie
Cunts - Live At Studio Dom (Smash Music - none)

Dead Congregation - Rehearsal June 2005 (Not On Label (Dead Congregation Self-released) - none)
Dies Irae - Circle Of Leth (not on label (Dies Irae Self-released) - none)
Manes - Maanens Natt (Not On Label (Manes Self-released) - none)
Manes - Ned I Stillheten (Not On Label (Manes Self-released) - none)
Musta Surma - Demo 1997 (Not On Label - none)

Nawaharjan - Into The Void (Scythe Of Death Productions - none)
Nåstrond - From A Black Funeral Coffin (Not On Label (Nåstrond Self-released) - none)
Tenebras Omnia Vincit - Hostility, Violence, Imagination (Impure Creations Records - I.C.R. TAPE 005)
Ulver - Vargnatt (Not On Label (Ulver Self-released) - none)
Vemod - Vinterilden (Fossbrenna Creations - FBM 006)

Aptorian Demon - Libertus (Kyrck Productions - KLP 013, Apocalyptic Empire Records - APOCALYPSE 032LP)
Cultes Des Ghoules - Spectres Over Transylvania (Hells Headbangers - HELLSMLP019-cr1)
Mütiilation - Destroy Your Life For Satan (Dark Adversary Productions - DA-007)
Mütiilation - Majestas Leprosus (Ordealis Records - OS-LP019, Battlesk'rs Productions - SK'R 011)
Mütiilation - Rattenkönig (End All Life Productions - EAL 047)
Mütiilation - Sorrow Galaxies (Overstage Imperator Productions - none)
Obtained Enslavement - Witchcraft (Wounded Love Records - none, Last Episode - none)
Reverorum Ib Malacht - De Mysteriis Dom Christi (The Ajna Offensive - FLAME 85)
Swallowed - Swallowed (Emptiness Productions - emptiness 01)
Throne Of Katarsis - Unholy Holocaustwinds (Warfront Productions - WFP-LP 004)
Torgeist - Devoted To Satan (Drakkar Productions - DKLP 003)

Jaakko V.

Can't stop marvelling at the volume of purchases here. I personally follow a system of some kind when buying records. Small variation and surprise purchases allowed of course. But in general there are conscious choices, like "for the time being I'm going to focus on records by/related to/of a niche style." Because there are so many records and so little money, some kind of record shelf curating is mandatory for me. It also helps getting into a specific 'mood' when the records bought and listened to over a period of time follow a certain theme (of personal arbitrary relevance). Thus, often interesting and even rare records are neglected in favour of an ongoing listening project.

You who buy shitloads of stuff, do you follow some kind of 'system' of your own, or is it more about filling a manic need in real time, buying whatever interesting when it comes your way with a reasonable price?

F_c_O

Quote from: Salamanauhat on October 30, 2014, 06:04:19 PM
Can't stop marvelling at the volume of purchases here. I personally follow a system of some kind when buying records. Small variation and surprise purchases allowed of course. But in general there are conscious choices, like "for the time being I'm going to focus on records by/related to/of a niche style." Because there are so many records and so little money, some kind of record shelf curating is mandatory for me. It also helps getting into a specific 'mood' when the records bought and listened to over a period of time follow a certain theme (of personal arbitrary relevance). Thus, often interesting and even rare records are neglected in favour of an ongoing listening project.

You who buy shitloads of stuff, do you follow some kind of 'system' of your own, or is it more about filling a manic need in real time, buying whatever interesting when it comes your way with a reasonable price?
My personal system is vinyls/tapes only and usually only either black metal or noise. Even with those restrictions there are thousands records to be bought. Sure, I'll miss out on some really good cd only releases but so I miss out on really good records released in other formats too. Life is choices. I do envy people like scat-o-logy and others here who seem to be able to afford shit ton of stuff. With that buying rate my habit of listening to shitty mp3's would go way down.

Zeno Marx

I was once one of those people who spent $200-400/month on music, and that was when most items were $3-9.  Believe me, it isn't something to envy.  You buy a lot.  Boxes fill.  You have no choice but to listen and move on, so you never absorb much to its potential.  It's a numbers game.  You push product at nearly a business level.  It's greatest purpose is to keep the commerce machine rolling.  It becomes about many things...many other things...than about listening to music.  You own a lot of stuff, but you don't bond with it or develop a history with it.  I didn't find it fulfilling at all.  That's how I felt about it anyway.
"the overindulgent machines were their children"
I only buy vinyl, d00ds.

Scat-O-Logy

Quote from: Zeno Marx on October 30, 2014, 11:53:41 PMYou have no choice but to listen and move on, so you never absorb much to its potential.
I wouldn't say so... Even though I seem to buy a lot of stuff, I still manage to listen all of it multiple times. The ones that doesn't leave much impact with, let's say, 2-3 plays will either be kept for additional plays or sold/traded.

Quote from: Zeno Marx on October 30, 2014, 11:53:41 PMIt becomes about many things...many other things...than about listening to music.
Yes, I have noticed this... I do want more and more but still I would argue that the listening part is what makes it worthwhile. I don't download music in general and that's the main reason why I buy so many records.

Quote from: Zeno Marx on October 30, 2014, 11:53:41 PMYou own a lot of stuff, but you don't bond with it or develop a history with it.
Somehow I feel that this can only happen with releases that you bought when you started "collecting" records. I do have small amount of stuff that I have developed a history with and they are very prized pieces of my collection even if most of them aren't worth pretty much anything. Sentimental value is something you can't put a prize tag on.

anomalie

Quote from: Zeno Marx on October 30, 2014, 11:53:41 PM
I was once one of those people who spent $200-400/month on music, and that was when most items were $3-9. Believe me, it isn't something to envy. You buy a lot. Boxes fill. You have no choice but to listen and move on, so you never absorb much to its potential. It's a numbers game. It becomes about many things...many other things...than about listening to music. You own a lot of stuff, but you don't bond with it or develop a history with it. I didn't find it fulfilling at all. That's how I felt about it anyway.

Same experience here - I couldn't agree more.

online prowler

A selection of recent tape additions to the bunker the last few months:

Erik Aschan - Tre (Hibiskofon, 2014)
Phil Collins - In the air tonight (tape single, Atlantic, 1981)
Backasvinet / Phi - S/T (Kafé kaos, 2014)
Nicole 12 - Nippon ballerina voyeur (IOPS, 2009)
Joel Danielsson - The death of the grey wolf / resurrection of the king (Lust vessel, 2014)
Phurpa - Wal phur nag po (lust vessel, 2014)
Proiekt hat / Alfarmania - Astral slaktmask (Chefsideologens bolag, 2014)
Kommando RJF - S/T (Styggelse, 2014)
Slogun - A breed apart (Slaughter productions, 1996)
Zyklon SS - Anti-Personnel Explosive Device ‎(Unrest productions, 2014)

C601

online prowler

Quote from: Peterson on November 06, 2014, 01:51:40 AM
Quote from: online prowler on November 05, 2014, 06:52:48 AM
Joel Danielsson - The death of the grey wolf / resurrection of the king (Lust vessel, 2014)

Any thoughts/comments on the Joel Danielsson tape? I love the V/A Hour Of The Wolf track.

Haven't had time ot sit down and immerse myself into this one, so too early to say. Have a stack of records waiting for me. heh! Will get back to you when I vein it though. I am very much in the same situation as yourself according to your listings. Good shit you got there btw.

Vermin Marvin

Due the ltd. editions and so, some stuff is in higher place when i buying records even there is stuff i`m more interested at the moment because i am too lazy to start hunting them afterwards and fuck, i still have plenty of records on the pile to listen for the every mood.
There is only few records i have payed over 40€ but those are jewels that still keep their places..means i have heard them before or otherwise known good.

Everything i bought are for the listening purposes and still give old records spin and listen them even i have new stuff i havent touch if i feel like i need to.
Time is what make diamonds shine and i admit some records is on the shelf only nostalgic values of them,but  memories.. any mp3 cant give that feeling that you have found something that fits to the moment right that you feel when you found new suppreme classic that make your flesh to goosebumbs .
i have tried to start selling records that i dont really need but because i give a last change for most records i have not progressed too far..

still use 100-200€ month for the records/cassettes (try to keep cd minimum) but nowadays more aware what i buying..
there is artists/labels/people i trust that have similar tastes as i have and don´t hesitate to buy new releases from them.. even one-sided cassettes i hate.
(HAVE YOU HEARD ABOUT SPLITS.. or atleast put same session both sides, it gives me feeling it is made somehow rush when single sided..).

absurdexposition

my general purchase rules are: vinyl/tape only. if it's used stuff I try to buy it in at least VG+/VG+ condition and will leave it behind if there's any defects (writing on the cover or labels, missing inserts, bent corners, etc) and just wait for a better condition copy.

sometimes it's hard leaving behind a highly wanted item if there is something aesthetically wrong with it, but I generally do always end up finding what I want in the end. often in better shape for a better price.
Primitive Isolation Tactics
Scream & Writhe distro and Absurd Exposition label
Montreal, QC
https://www.screamandwrithe.com

Bob

I focus on vinyl when buying music which is maybe the most expensive format the cheapest and quickest way for me to listen to new music would be to just connect the laptop to the stereo amp. So there is a definite limit on what I can afford and there is always something worth while out there to listen to and also having the time to listen is another constraint.
I guess you have to be selective with what you buy but it is allot of fun to discover and find new things and probably with the internet it has never been easier to find and buy music if you have the money even if it is a little bit soul less to shop on line. It is a shame actually how expensive and limited some stuff can be but I think with myself I am less taking a chance with a purchase or I will only buy something that I know I really want.
The upside is you can nearly always sell some stuff on the second hand market if you need to get rid of something it probably is a bit of a collector disease I have and of course music has to exist beyond objects.

urall

Quote from: Scat-O-Logy on October 30, 2014, 04:35:21 PM

Cruciamentum - Luctus Infinite (Not On Label (Cruciamentum Self-released) - none) freebie
Dead Congregation - Rehearsal June 2005 (Not On Label (Dead Congregation Self-released) - none)

where did you get those ?  from the bands themselves ?