Second Sleep - still active?

Started by SiClark, May 24, 2013, 05:34:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SiClark

sorted now

Levas

I've paid for multiple copies of the last batch, but as far as I remember all previous batches were posted just the same - 3-4 months after the payment. so it's not a big deal I think. the label will hopefully get back to you

Levas

Well there are various reasons why this could happen. for example your email ending up in spam box for some reason or so. I think SS was quite slow replying emails when it's not about payments etc. lately so I don't bother writing anymore. Well, I sure hope that the label is not dead too

Scat-O-Logy

I have the same problem as you Si. I have been waiting for little over month now and was about to claim my money back just yesterday but decided to wait another week. I contacted them 10 days ago but haven't received an answer yet. Hopefully Matteo is alright. At least he just recently did a live show with Keränen in Italy so maybe that could explain it? Dunno...

Potier

I am sure the label is still around.
I ordered the Drug Age 4 Tape Box on April 14th and I am sure it'll get here.
Haven't talked to Matteo about it ever since but I was simply assuming that packages from Italy to Canada can take a long time.
It's been 5 1/2 weeks and I am not worried. It took him a while to respond to my email - even when I ordered...
Busy I guess.

Nil By Mouth

He was in tour the previous week, I hope he can back in action asap

tisbor

It's the stuff he's smoking, his job and maybe other stuff that gets in the way. He's slow but his releases are really good...maybe order through a distributor instead?

FreakAnimalFinland

of course not an excuse, but isn't he home dubbing everything? I recall reading about what task these multiple tape box sets are to make.. I recall same was with Slaughter productions. Marco told me orders will take time as he dubs 1:1 speed from DAT to tape all his tapes  (on demand).
Absolute best Second Sleep title for me was Dave Phillips LP ! Utterly brilliant!
E-mail: fanimal +a+ cfprod,com
MAGAZINE: http://www.special-interests.net
LABEL / DISTRIBUTION: FREAK ANIMAL http://www.nhfastore.net

whiteheatnoise

Yeah I doubt it's much to worry about. You have the combination of Matteo being a laidback stoner and the very inefficient Italian postal system. I have received all orders/trades from him in the past, it just takes awhile. I also agree that he is slow with replying to emails or just doesn't respond at all occasionally which is unfortunate. However, he does release really solid material and I think it's worth the wait if you can be patient.

Scat-O-Logy

Great news! Hopefully I get my package soon.

kh

I accept all the comments/critics and they're correct to me
sometimes things are just more slower than expected, for no valid reason
i'm not very good at communicating via the internet, but if you don't heard me, don't worry .. Your order is ok, I just need more time than other people needs
I thank all the people who put an order and have so much patience, this is what keeps the label alive
communication and speed in shipping are two points on which I have to work better in the future
hope this post can turn into feedback/comment on releases, more than "where's my order" list

Potier

I finally got the 4xCS (Drug Age - Dyslexic Action) in the mail as well. From what I can say right now, it was definitely worth the wait.
Listening to the 4th tape right now & this set really offers up everything you'd expect from "contemporary harsh noise".
Blown out blasting, crackle, concrete studies, bass rumble, screeching feedback, rolling mid frequency beautifully interspersed with caustic highs - but also time for a field recoding/room ambiance break here & there. Just listening to the delivery, it is not hard to tell who is behind this project...
Whenever the onslaught stops for a while it always feels like there is something heavy & menacing lurking underneath - great sense of pace & definitely managed to keep me engaged throughout the process of flipping tapes.
One of the best HN-Releases I have heard this year. Thank you, Matteo!

Scat-O-Logy

Now, after almost three months I finally received my parcel from Second Sleep. Matteo included couple of extra items for the trouble...

Scat-O-Logy

Thread arise!

Anyway, looking for Days In Return 7"+CS set. Any idea where to get it or is it completely sold out? Skincrime is selling it on Dis-cocks but that's my last resort (shipping from US is not cheap ya know).