Harsh Noise Wall [HNW]

Started by Otomo_Hava, May 22, 2013, 08:57:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Otomo_Hava

Still excited or bored with it ?
Could you care less about or tired and sick of it ?
Any favourite HNW artists/albums ?

Levas

It's ok from time to time for me. Just as any other subgenre. And I'm glad to see that the bubble of HNW has finally exploded and it has just became more or less normal/ordinary style with people who are really interested in doing it and listening to it.

Dr Alex

Never enough of HNW brutal blasting!
I become sick and tired of some newcomers with totally wrong view on HNW but classics like Vomir, The Rita and Werewolf Jerusalem are always great!
Also, Gluttoness with his doom approach to HNW is amazing and Vilgoc doing that in best way.

Bleak Existence

i listen and do it near everyday so i am far to be bored with hnw 
favorite is always the same The Rita & Vomir differant approach but both amazing

Alphabet

My favour of noise, i think

Haemorrhaging Fetus, The Rita, Sleep Column, Light Collapse, Doodshoofd etc

tisbor

There's still good HNW out there, and yes now it's back to very few dedicated people doing it.
I'll throw in A View From Nihil as one of my favorites: very well "composed" and studied material, extremely good ideas and delivery.

FreakAnimalFinland

I mostly like the stuff that doesn't make it's "HNW" as too big issue. As a lot of stuff that could be filed under such, was and is simply "harsh noise". So, liking HNW is just the same as liking noise in general. When it's good. There is no particular new artists who I think would have contributed much, many old good items still stand strong.
E-mail: fanimal +a+ cfprod,com
MAGAZINE: http://www.special-interests.net
LABEL / DISTRIBUTION: FREAK ANIMAL http://www.nhfastore.net

martialgodmask

Quote from: FreakAnimalFinland on May 26, 2013, 09:25:25 AM
I mostly like the stuff that doesn't make it's "HNW" as too big issue. As a lot of stuff that could be filed under such, was and is simply "harsh noise". So, liking HNW is just the same as liking noise in general. When it's good. There is no particular new artists who I think would have contributed much, many old good items still stand strong.

Agreed, there is and has always been a largely unnecessary distinction between what is a "harsh noise" wall and is "harsh noise wall". Conceptually, I can understand some people may wish to differentiate (Vomir as the obvious example of "HNW" as a label being intrinsic to the aesthetic) but the surge in artists popping up in this sub-division has ultimately just blurred the lines anyway.

I also think some artists could do with a little clarification between what is "obsession" and what is "gimmick". The latter masquerading as the former has become an easy way to shoe-horn in any old kooky shit and I think it is that kind of thing that has poisoned the well.

jesusfaggotchrist

The butt hurt is strong with this one. There's only so much you can do with HNW before its no longer HNW. It's a dead end, much like troniks. I personally prefer dynamic noise where there's something that keeps the listener interested. I probably could only full enjoy HNW if I was really intoxicated. Otherwise it sounds like a pointless excersize in tedium.

ImpulsyStetoskopu

Quote from: jesusfaggotchrist on May 28, 2013, 12:01:53 AM
The butt hurt is strong with this one. There's only so much you can do with HNW before its no longer HNW. It's a dead end, much like troniks. I personally prefer dynamic noise where there's something that keeps the listener interested. I probably could only full enjoy HNW if I was really intoxicated. Otherwise it sounds like a pointless excersize in tedium.

Do you have the same opinion about minimal music?

tinnitustimulus

I prefer it as a description rather than a "movement." I found it very irritating to see people make themed walls and sit around on their ass from misinterpreting vomir as instant gratification.

I do like using it as a detachment device from the loud city environment that I live in, besides the classics already mentioned, taskmaster, rusulka and griz+zlor have releases I still enjoy.

jesusfaggotchrist

Quote from: ImpulsyStetoskopu on May 28, 2013, 12:28:45 AM

Depends on how you define "minimal"

Dr Alex

@jesusfaggotchrist if you don't like/hate HNW, why you post on topic about HNW?
I never post on topic which I don't like. Please spread your frustrations somewhere else.

It's always interesting to see what noise people think about HNW. Also, it's funny because of old noise people don't want to listen some new HNW faces. They support new pe or noise artist but not HNW. Some new HNW artist can be so much better than some old one. For me Gluttoness is better than most Werewolf Jerusalem works.

I forgot, Griz+zlor is amazing! Black Summer box is one of best HNW releases ever!!
Check it: http://caveofthegrizzlor.bandcamp.com/album/black-summer

Zeno Marx

Quote from: ImpulsyStetoskopu on May 28, 2013, 12:28:45 AM

And there it is.  THE question.  For some, the monolith and minimalism is intuitive.  For others, it doesn't cue into anything.  I can see why that can be frustrating, but that's pretty easily remedied:  don't read about it or listen to it.  Not that one is superior to the other, but they are indeed worlds apart.  Punk, was in part, a response to prog.  The busy and cluttered vs. the simple and stripped down.  etc.

Can anyone make minimalist music?  Yep.  Can just anyone make quality minimalist music?  Nope.  Big revelation that it is the same as every other type of music.
"the overindulgent machines were their children"
I only buy vinyl, d00ds.

Potier

Quote from: Dr Alex on May 23, 2013, 12:36:31 AM
I become sick and tired of some newcomers with totally wrong view on HNW

Just for clarification:

Who would that be & what is the right view?

Also: at the same time you are blaming the "oldschool guys" for their unwillingness to check out new artists?

Funny how HNW-Threads always turn into this pro/contra & black/white line of arguments...