Industrial Recollections: Suggestions

Started by Otomo_Hava, May 16, 2013, 11:34:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fistfuck Masonanie

Quote from: Johann on April 11, 2019, 03:13:22 AM
This might sound crazy because I think it's so recent but I think 'Here Be The Lions' and 'Feral Earth' by Jaakko Vanhala might qualify for a reissue, quite incredible to think that something so recent is so highly regarded it almost never comes up on Discogs (because no one that owns it considers it expendable enough to sell, I own the tape and CD of Lions but missed Feral Earth)...a testament to the masterworks I suppose.

Agreed on all accounts since I have nothing but the 3". Would love to hear the rest of this output.

FreakAnimalFinland

Vanhala's noise works are so recent that it doesn't really need "reissue", but just repress. Not big difference of course, but more copies will be pressed of both albums as soon as Secret Apex CD master and covers arrive here to be done at the same batch...

E-mail: fanimal +a+ cfprod,com
MAGAZINE: http://www.special-interests.net
LABEL / DISTRIBUTION: FREAK ANIMAL http://www.nhfastore.net

Johann

Quote from: FreakAnimalFinland on April 11, 2019, 07:47:06 AM
Vanhala's noise works are so recent that it doesn't really need "reissue", but just repress. Not big difference of course, but more copies will be pressed of both albums as soon as Secret Apex CD master and covers arrive here to be done at the same batch...

Yes, repress, that's more accurate. That is extremely exciting news! Happy to hear such a thing is in the works.

Bloated Slutbag

Quote from: Johann on April 11, 2019, 01:24:45 PM
Quote from: FreakAnimalFinland on April 11, 2019, 07:47:06 AM

Yes, repress, that's more accurate. That is extremely exciting news! Happy to hear such a thing is in the works.

Cosigned. Was very recently listening to Secret Apex and thinking how it could nicely link the earlier work with the new 3". The organ / drone elements, the deliberate sense of composition, up against the signature Vanhala lacerations. For a nice sense of development, or at least of context. Also jammed Hakki Tension for context, or at least for fun, and hallucinated (feint) impression of similar elements in play... though it could have been lingering reverberations off the Cuts. Another for possible repress at some point I'd venture.
Someone weaker than you should beat you and brag
And take you for a drag

FreakAnimalFinland

Originally Secret Apex was going to be LP. There was even test cut made of it, but since there is so much happening in every frequency and stereo sound, I was told LP didn't sound as good as it should. CD will be full spectrum of sound and dynamics. It is exceptional release.

Quote from: Strangecross on April 11, 2019, 04:10:38 AM
Yes but I would say Star Autopsy

That was repressed and currently available from Aural Hypnox, and I recall also from my distro...

Urban Noise

Secret Apex on CD is something I was hoping for a long time! Great news!
New Approach Records
www.nghproductions.limitedrun.com
www.newapproachrecords.wordpress.com
www.nekrogoatheresyproductions.wordpress.com

acsenger

The Mo*Te CD reissues are all great. I like how his sound has a great flow and it envelops you to create an almost relaxing feeling rather than overpower you. I hope more of his stuff will be reissued in the future.

Fistfuck Masonanie

Quote from: acsenger on April 16, 2019, 06:18:30 PM
The Mo*Te CD reissues are all great. I like how his sound has a great flow and it envelops you to create an almost relaxing feeling rather than overpower you. I hope more of his stuff will be reissued in the future.

This! Life in a Peaceful World and Taste Die Mad to me were immediately satisfying but Cuffs took a few spins to click with me. They all have that approach where the sound washes over you in a very focused effort, but Cuffs just explored this in a different way. Been listening to these a lot!

bitewerksMTB

CON-DOM " Nothing - Live Manifestations Of The Eighth Pillar: Maschinenfest / Jerusalem "

I'm listening to it right now (a rip) & it's pretty good (first half). Would be nice to see it reissued as a cd.

Various early ALFARMANIA tapes reissued as cd's that we can easily get a hold of would be nice, as well. A lot of his work is really good so it's a shame much of the tapes are hard to obtain.

Plus the "Hate Songs" compilation on a Japanese label. The Club Moral track  would be worth the price alone!

Leatherface

Quote from: SILVUM on July 10, 2019, 04:33:10 AM
The heroic victory would be 10 x pressed CD in white tray jewelcases (no digipacks or thin sleeves), w xeroxed booklet and tray card of WSOTG.  Pure and unmastered direct from a solid original CS set (no mistakes like vinyl boot).  Not a boxset, but 10 full separate jewelcases, basically identical except for numbering and tracklist.  Would look so awesome.  If, Mikko, Erik Groundfault and Dom all asked together I bet they'd be ok with it.  There are so many metal demos pressed to CD or wax just off dubs of existing tapes (missing masters), so like, it wouldn't have to be perfect (no remixing needed), but really clean CD quality w as wide freq range as you can get, no aggressive mastering or cleanup.  Just as is.  Historically important, sorry (they are ashamed of the work, so what, dont hide it, just treat it like a demo if you have to safely frame it).

It will never happen (read my comment in the SJ topic), sadly...

FreakAnimalFinland

Hopefully within this month: MO*TE uncut 4xCD box! It is in production together with HAARE 6xCD box (and one Grunt reissue box). If just no delays happen with the manufacturing of the rigid-box sets...   MO*TE set includes all bands uncut label releases! Will be neat!

ConcreteMascara

I assume the MO*TE box includes stuff from his split releases on Uncut. Will the other artists from the splits also be included or just the MO*TE material?

And very interested to see which Grunt material is being reissued!
[death|trigger|impulse]

http://soundcloud.com/user-658220512

Fistfuck Masonanie

Highly anticipating that Mo*Te box! Thank you for reissuing these long OOP materials. Is the Grunt material the Live Assaults Around Europe set?

Sektion1

The full Thule Society discography would be really great

Scat-O-Logy

Quote from: Sektion1 on February 07, 2020, 05:07:44 PM
The full Thule Society discography would be really great

I think these are planned. Saw it mentioned somewhere but can't remember where.