Industrial Recollections: Suggestions

Started by Otomo_Hava, May 16, 2013, 11:34:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BTR

Quote from: IVX on August 17, 2018, 01:31:50 AM
Quote from: cr on August 16, 2018, 09:58:34 PM
GAZE CAMPAIGN - Gestalt Bruise

Totally agree

This, for real. Also anthologies of either Lebensfaden or Mordant Karma (or both).

ashraf

Theodore

Quote from: ashraf on August 17, 2018, 09:50:01 PM
Any US distros carrying Mo*te?

Quote from: whiteheatnoise on August 17, 2018, 06:24:03 PM
Copies of the Mo*Te CDs, Alfarmania cs, and other assorted FA titles are en route to Skeleton Dust.
"ἀθάνατοι θνητοί, θνητοὶ ἀθάνατοι, ζῶντες τὸν ἐκείνων θάνατον, τὸν δὲ ἐκείνων βίον τεθνεῶτες"

Zeno Marx

"the overindulgent machines were their children"
I only buy vinyl, d00ds.

ashraf

xpost - thanks for the heads up! just ordered both.

cr

I think it was already mentioned before, but as I was finally clumsy enough to destroy my Lebensunwertes Leben LP, my hope is for
Proiekt Hat reissues on CD.

Other than that - Hex Minora reissues would be nice!

PTM Jim

Quote from: cr on August 16, 2018, 09:58:34 PM
GAZE CAMPAIGN - Gestalt Bruise

LV was supposed to reissue this on vinyl...but this was announced about 3 years ago now. Not sure if we'll ever see it.

Coma Detox

SiClark

They released a Grim tape last year. On their blog there was a hint of possible updates soon but that was a year ago. Hopefully still going.

Thor

Any of the first Sutcliffe Jugend albums, wether its Campaign, WSOTG, Deathmask or s/t comp. This needs to be reissued in any format, would buy this as tape, cd, lp or box-set and I know I'm not the only one. Also how is it that the best SJ material has never been pressed on wax? Not even later material such as the outstanding pigdaddy.

FreakAnimalFinland

It is very uncommon to see repressed. I have heard label say things like "there is no demand", or "it is available in 2nd hand market for those who really want".
My conclusion is that there is demand. And why would not be? Thinking albums that are crucial landmarks of genre, that came out probably 5-30 years ago. Someone thinking there wouldn't be demand for few hundred copies of Whitehouse CD's? Or SJ? Con-Dom? Grey Wolves? etc etc...
And the second hand market... I may just conclude: fuck discogs. It doesn't really matter if some sold out titles are listed for 5usd, if it's available in countries where shipping cost will be insane or you can guarantee that people do not always understand what is "great condition" nor how to pack items they ship. Buying bunch of cheap CD's from different buyers may likely cost more than buying new copies from one distro for decent shipping price.

That said, and since I talked to so many labels and made inquiries why they do not make some of the labels best albums available on CD again... I may follow my own advice. So in late 2018 and 2019, a lot of older Freak Animal titles, some Industrial Recollections and some IOPS titles will be repressed (/reissued) on CD. Out-of-print Grunt albums, Clinic Of Torture and so on. Followed by Pain Nail, Vanhala, N12/Taint, and more... There will be quite many releases, but purpose is of course to keep them available rather than generate quick sales, so I assume none will be selling out so urgently that people need to hoard more than they want, hah..
E-mail: fanimal +a+ cfprod,com
MAGAZINE: http://www.special-interests.net
LABEL / DISTRIBUTION: FREAK ANIMAL http://www.nhfastore.net

Andrew McIntosh

Quote...nor should digital streaming platforms be considered an appropriate archival method - it has become a dumping ground where you can't sift the shit for the gold.

That's never been my experience. It's a complaint I've read a lot, for years in fact, ever since mp3.com. But I've never found it to be that way and have never understood it. Then again, I regard both shit and gold as subjective tastes.
Shikata ga nai.

Andrew McIntosh

Quote from: theotherjohn on November 07, 2018, 12:58:24 PM
Well, the emphasis of my point is on the "archive" - a repository for long term purposes, much like a library.

Fair call, but we're not dealing with public libraries (Archive.com and others excluded), we're dealing with points of purchase for products (as you noted). If someone was to put money into an international archive of industrial/noise/etc., one could only welcome such a move, and I can only imagine such a thing would have a significant online presence. A few people have made the effort to do that (Zan Hoffman springs to mind, although after a fair few years non-contact I'm not sure what's left of his online empire. And I'm struggling to remember one other site that was archiving old releases from the home taping days...), and the reaction is as stagnant as the lonely micro-label trying to sell the last three hundred of a five hundred press of cds or whatever.

Yea, stagnancy, entropy - well, for the most part these things are going to be archived by us, in our own private little libraries. 

I was more reacting to your "shit for gold" mention. I remember flicking through record after record in the two or three over priced imported record stores I had access to when they existed, and compared to that I'd much rather listen to a few good minutes, perhaps even the entirety, of a release online before I lay down hard earned for it. There's no comparison. Just the emphasis on what one prefers (again as you've noted).
Shikata ga nai.

FreakAnimalFinland

For me it is most of all personal taste. While I acknowledge that not everything needs to be permanent, I do value the lasting monolithic form of album, as opposed to "pop up" nature of sound clips, ultra limited tapes and such. Which are meant to exists only in certain moment, for certain audience and then vanish. There is time and place for them, but the good album is relatively timeless. Absolute best and most inspiring albums something what may set up good standard for listeners as well as makers of sound. You know - match the level of Pleasure Corpse or Artificial Invagination, and you know your stuff is pretty good...

I also appreciate that things I like, are in format that lasts. I'm not the kind of person who comes and goes and does things and moves on, but it is rather life long quest and many good things are good references and reminders for perspective.

I was just talking with a friend who concluded that in upcoming decades, we might experience quite horrid situation, where past decades will be just one big black hole. While from early days of underground movement, till turn of millenium, you got hard copies of basically anything. Someone has them. Now, countless webzines, music file archives, forums, etc. all gone. This came matter of discussion after him trying to find specific COIL interview that was always there, and now, no longer is.
Even this forum - I'm sort of tempted to look at some of the relevant topics and think how they could be transformed into print worthy form. G.R.O.S.S. appreciation or such topics that could have some information value. While I keep promptly paying the bills to keep this forum up, nobody can estimate what will happen when unexpected happens.
E-mail: fanimal +a+ cfprod,com
MAGAZINE: http://www.special-interests.net
LABEL / DISTRIBUTION: FREAK ANIMAL http://www.nhfastore.net