haters recommendations

Started by jesusfaggotchrist, April 23, 2013, 07:23:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Marko-V

Quote from: Steve on May 20, 2013, 10:04:01 AM
The ideal introduction to the work of GX Jupitter-Larsen and The haters would be the book / CD "Drilling A Hole Through The Sky"

Fascinating book but the accompanying cd features mostly tracks by other artists.

How about 25th Anniversary Disc:
"Unforgivably atrocious sound quality (8 kbps) on a black-bottom disc which your computer may or may not be able to read at all. 1420 minutes of the 1500-minute album consists of the same low-grade warbling; the last 80 minutes a slowly evolving feedback whine. Even Haters enthusiasts may not have the patience for this one."
Some serious durability test.

CMSFoundation

The "These Things Happen" compilation CDs would probably be a good place to start. One compiles several of their 7-inch releases, the other a selection of comp tracks. That way, you're at least getting a taste of several different Haters approaches.

cr

Was just listening to The Haters 'Further' CD.
Damn, this is great! Immediately one of my favourites.

As it seems I'm in the right mood for this, I'll celebrate an Haters evening. Right now starting 'Nikumu 2007'.

thetenthousandthings

Curious to know what thoughts are on the Live! DVD released by Helicopter. Doesn't seem like there's a rip of it anywhere, which is cool but the trailer on YouTube is excellent.

Zeno Marx

Any opinions on the Limited Edition 25 x CDr box from 2004 on Troniks?
"the overindulgent machines were their children"
I only buy vinyl, d00ds.

FreakAnimalFinland

I have said already years ago same things I'd say now, but as I was listening THE HATERS in the shades of fire CD, worth to dig up this old topic. I do have the LP too. I just can't justify getting rid of it, even if CD version is, as far as I remember GX saying, "like it should have been". CD format allows length and fidelity that may have not been on LP. I have no complaints about vinyl, but in all honesty, I must have listened this only from CD since the CD came out. Maybe have to spin the LP too. Ordinarily Nowhere CD is easily my most listened Haters, but possibly among my most listened noise CD's of all times. Objectively, this could be better, but that CD, is just so insane I can't get enough.

Formerly commented Future Cheers LP was reissued on CD with bonus, that is also essential to grab!
E-mail: fanimal +a+ cfprod,com
MAGAZINE: http://www.special-interests.net
LABEL / DISTRIBUTION: FREAK ANIMAL http://www.nhfastore.net