Consumer Electronics

Started by HongKongGoolagong, April 21, 2013, 03:47:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

david lloyd jones

Quote from: theotherjohn on April 30, 2017, 06:38:15 PM
Quote from: eraciator on April 30, 2017, 02:36:18 PM
There was going to be a V.O.D. set or similar.

I heard the same, but Philip's said in recent interviews that archiving his early recordings/output was never a high priority, so it probably came to nothing. I wonder if either Phil or Ron Lessard still has the DAT tapes used for the RRR 3LP set (or if they're still playable)? I suspect that he considers that early material juvenalia to a degree.

There must still be copies of his zine Intolerance out there too, although I've still yet to see what they actually looked like. I remember years ago Trevor Brown had some issues for sale (among many other early Industrial rarities - I wish I still had a copy of that list he made!) but I never followed up on buying them - they're either in a collector's hands or in a landfill now...

i believe i have one or the intolerance mags.
juvenilia, sort of sums it (and other from this time) up
by which i mean the internet has long made articles in these mags irrelevant, and they are now of fetishistic value, not informational.

Peterson

Speaking of old Iphar juvenalia, can anyone enlighten me on the cassettes "Enforced Sex" and "Mother Bitch" by Psychout? Pretty curious about those...

re:evolution

Quote from: david lloyd jones on April 30, 2017, 06:45:09 PM
Quote from: theotherjohn on April 30, 2017, 06:38:15 PM
Quote from: eraciator on April 30, 2017, 02:36:18 PM
There was going to be a V.O.D. set or similar.

I heard the same, but Philip's said in recent interviews that archiving his early recordings/output was never a high priority, so it probably came to nothing. I wonder if either Phil or Ron Lessard still has the DAT tapes used for the RRR 3LP set (or if they're still playable)? I suspect that he considers that early material juvenalia to a degree.

To elaborate on the above, Phillip posted a link to a radio station interview some time back (...I can't seem to locate it), but in that interview he talked about potentially re-issuing his early stuff, but if that was to happen he would want to do it properly, including proper studio re-mastering etc, and given that extent of time that would take, his preference was to focus on new material.
noise receptor: sound with impact - analysing the abstract
http://noisereceptor.wordpress.com/
http://www.noisereceptor.bigcartel.com

spectrum magazine archive: ambient / industrial / experimental / power electronics / neo-folk music culture magazine
http://spectrummagarchive.wordpress.com/

accidental

Does anyone here have Iphar or Come Org original cassettes? Or detailed knowledge about them?

From what's on discogs it seem like all Iphar were on old TDK tapes? And Come Org on Sony CHF tapes? That is also what i've found when looking around. But it's difficult to find much on the Iphar releases.

There's a seller on discogs who's selling a bunch of old Iphar and Come Org and Broken Flag. Earlier this year i was interested in two tapes and was able to get photos of them. Judging by the j-card both looked highly suspicious. Furthermore the Iphar tape was a BASF SM90, Come Org a Sony AHF and not CHF. Handwriting on the Come Org tape seemed similar to originals i've seen but it was not the same handwriting (100% sure). Seller is in eastern europe and claimed to have scored both at a garage sale in the UK. I assume he found all at that very same garage sale, which sounds abit to good to be true to my ears but ofcourse it's not completely impossible. But all info i could gather from the seller had me far from convinced.

dogcw

Quote from: accidental on August 09, 2017, 11:15:26 AM
There's a seller on discogs who's selling a bunch of old Iphar and Come Org and Broken Flag.

This guy is a well known ripoff, do not buy any of his shit. I bought some Jonathan Briley tapes off him few months back (before he changed his username cause people were on to him) and they were both boots. I have been in contact with several other serious collectors and same thing happened with them. Broken Flag,Etat Brut, Coup De Grace tapes he was selling were all copies.

Johnny James

Psychout was Pierpaolo Zoppo. The new CE single is a 7" on Harbinger Sound: "The Weight / Hostility Blues". All mixed and scheduled for next tranche of HS releases. Dirter are preparing a 2CD "Estuary English" collecting the "Repetition Reinforcement" EP tracks and both the 100 Club shows, mixed and recorded by Graham Sutton.

If anyone's interested I'm launching a low key publishing company "Amphetamine Sulphate". Chapbooks by Simon Morris, Samantha Davies & Matthew Bower, Alex Binnie, Gabi Losoncy & others in due course! Launching September 2017.  PB.

Johann

I assume it's just a British spelling of the word. Ex: labor or labour...i personally think it looks nicer than sulfate does in written American English.

Johnny James

PRE-ORDERS now being accepted for books by Philip Best (Whitehouse/CE) , Jason Williamson (Sleaford Mods), Simon Morris (Ceramic Hobs), Matthew Bower (Skullflower) and Gabi Losoncy (herself) SHIPPING OCT. 2ND Cheers! www.amphetaminesulphate.com

HongKongGoolagong

The Weight 7" from Harbinger comes packaged in luxurious mini LP style sleeve, with weird miniature spine writing and proper inner sleeve. Kind of breathtaking to behold.

Almost all the vocals on this thing from Sarah Froelich and on the B Side which has extremely unpleasant lyrics 'Hostiilty Blues' you can literally hear her throat ripping apart from all the yelling- I dunno, does that sell it to you kinda guys? A-side is a kind of reading of the famous track by The Band with a bunch of unsolved murder cases thrown in.

Have heard a rough mix of the forthcoming album Airless Space and found it very playful and funny.  SF again on majority of vocals and a lot of the lyrics too. None of this material is exactly packed with commercial potential amd is as harsh and difficult as anyone could wish for.

Marcel Duchump

no-fidelity bricolage

cr

Anyone already heard Airless Space?

absurdexposition

Quote from: cr on July 13, 2019, 12:19:42 PM

It's good. 'Carnage Mechanics' is a top track.
Primitive Isolation Tactics
Scream & Writhe distro and Absurd Exposition label
Montreal, QC
https://www.screamandwrithe.com

bitewerksMTB

"Carnage Mechanics" is a great title! Not too long ago, I listened to samples of each track. I like the minimal electronics & vocals but I can't get past the beats. Just absolutely hate them.

PedestrianOrgans

Quote from: cr on July 13, 2019, 12:19:42 PM

Only the CD version, but I don't see how the vinyl would make me love it less, haha. It's fantastic in my opinion, if you liked Dollhouse Songs and Estuary English you'll love it.

Estuary < Airless < Dollhouse, if you want my opinion.

simulacrum

I'm getting more and more into the more quiet CE tracks where Philip Best speaks. Fucking great lyrics, too. No hate on Sara's vocals or anything, but the version of Murder the (/Your) Masters with Best's vocals might be one of my favorite CE tracks period.

Of course, with all of that said, Crowd Pleaser remains my favorite record start to finish.