Consumer Electronics

Started by HongKongGoolagong, April 21, 2013, 03:47:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cementimental

Photos from the show here, possibly depending on facebook permissions, let me know if you can/can't see... https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10151450689103461.1073741831.717218460

Mikerdeath

Quote from: Scat-O-Logy on May 30, 2013, 12:00:21 PM
Got my copy straight from Philip & Sarah but seems like they already sold out their copies. In some parts there's some awkwardness but overall quite solid album in my opinion. Loving Philip's vocals!
Cool! Maybe you could grab me one if your not too busy.

Quote from: Cementimental on May 30, 2013, 05:34:46 PM
Photos from the show here, possibly depending on facebook permissions, let me know if you can/can't see... https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10151450689103461.1073741831.717218460
This content is currently unavailable
The page you requested cannot be displayed right now. It may be temporarily unavailable, the link you clicked on may have expired, or you may not have permission to view this page.

Scat-O-Logy

Miker, like I said, Philip & Sarah already sold out their copies. Sorry dude!

For those of you who can't view the pics, here's all you need. Belly worship to the XXXtrem!

totalblack

This was posted by Philip Best in the Consumer Electronics facebook group this morning:

Consumer Electronics: Estuary English.

1) Teknon.
2) Affirmation
3) Sex Offender Boyfriend
4) Come Clean
5) Co-Opted By Cunts
6) Estuary English
7) Air Lock.

Produced by Russell Haswell. Coming in February 2014.

Scat-O-Logy

impulse manslaughter

I guess i won't be buying that new record. Show in Belgium last month was pretty weak..

MT

We can only hope non of the new album tracks are nothing like that abomination. Good fucking grief.

Cementimental

ha I know cameraphone is no way to judge (I was at the Merzbow / Tim Hecker show elsewhere in town) but why are noise/pe 'beats' never even extreme or experimental as most mainstream dance beats let alone like 90% of underground hard dance music :D

Leewar

I like it, atleast its not the usual and its obviously provoking a response.

Cementimental

indeed, there is that. I bet I've have enjoyed it if I was there anyway.

martialgodmask

There is something strangely "anti" about that. I'm not sure what, but I'm intrigued as to where it goes from there.

Andrew McIntosh

Techno is the nursing home of old school Industrialists.
Shikata ga nai.

MT

It is trying to be provoking, that's all. It is just upset people that someone like Philip Best could do so much more than just stock bass beats. Going where the rim is lowest. But then again who am I to judge his decisions, just saying my personal opinion. The stuff Bennet does nowdays is downright horrible, a true downfall of his musical self.

Duncan

Quote from: Leewar on April 20, 2014, 02:11:49 PM
I like it, atleast its not the usual and its obviously provoking a response.

But it is the usual, isn't it?  I can't think of anything more common in the canon of once great industrial artists than to eventually turn into ultra boring, insipid dance music with shit vocals.  It provokes a response because it is awful and it doesn't make anyone who says so some kind of purist sheep.