Consumer Electronics

Started by HongKongGoolagong, April 21, 2013, 03:47:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ANDROPHILIA

Quote from: Andrew McIntosh on October 31, 2014, 02:45:31 PM
Quote from: Marko-V on October 31, 2014, 11:12:11 AM
such a short album (less than 25 mins!)

Sorry, twenty five minutes over two 12" vinyl lps?

yep

A1   Teknon   3:19
A2   Affirmation   3:06
B1   Sex Offender Boyfriend   4:27
B2   Come Clean   2:00
C   Co-Opted   5:18
D1   Estuary English   2:51
D2   Air Lock   0:30
-ANDROPHILIA
-LIM DUL

"Give me crack and anal sex
Take the only tree that's left
and stuff it up the hole
in your culture" 
(L.Cohen)

blackoperations

Quote from: bitewerksMTB on October 31, 2014, 06:23:07 PM
CE has a recent live set up on their bandcamp. I listened to it earlier in the week then forgot about it. Some of it is good until Philip takes a hit of helium & starts shrieking like a teenage girl.

that's a joke, right? if not, well it sounds like a girl cos it was a girl! sarah did some vocals too.

Scat-O-Logy

Quote from: bitewerksMTB on October 31, 2014, 06:23:07 PMCE has a recent live set up on their bandcamp.
Best thing all year... Can't stop laughing! :D

HongKongGoolagong

I was there and the Friday night's entertainment was very strange on the whole tbh, didn't help my comprehension what I'd drunk, but the Thursday night was crazier from the sound of this - http://thequietus.com/articles/16595-consumer-electronics-estuary-english-review

Sarah's ultra vicious psycho sounding vocals are great, I've heard the version of the next single due on Diagonal Recs with Philip singing/speaking but really her take was actually better http://www.discogs.com/Sudden-Infant-Consumer-Electronics-Sleaford-Mods-Harbinger-Sound-The-100-Club/release/6228616

J_D_H

Listened to this a couple of times now. Co-opted is the only track that could be described as techno leaning. Refreshingly short and clinical album. Both the record and CD sound great and based on pure sound quality the release is well worth the above average price. Agree that in terms of pricing would have probably been more reasonable to have the option to buy vinyl and CD separately but then I'm the kind of sucker that would've splashed out on the vinyl anyway. Not listened enough to be able to compare the two different mastering jobs.

C601

Too short but thoroughly enjoyable

Cementimental

It's pretty great, some truly outlandish vocalisations!

Dr Alex

My friend sent me rip of a new albums and this is terrible! His vocals still spitting poison as well but I can't deal with stupid digital techno.
2x12" of less than 30 mins material sounds like money begging. No thanx!

FreakAnimalFinland

No complaints of price or amount of material from me. I know I'd accept such thing pretty much from any favorite band anyways. But what I'd complain is just that sounds are almost exclusively pretty crap. Vocals are good as always, but despite great work on mastering/cutting vinyl, the actual sound work is so "computer generated" sounding, occasionally almost like 8bit nintendo electronics?!  When things get layered more, it's better. Gets closer to previous albums, but without sounding at all the time-stretch whitehouse kind of stuff. One track with some vocal effects perhaps the best here. But I'd say indeed about half of material here would qualify as sort of electro-beat music. Listened this 3 times now, and thinking that maybe once more, from the CD that was included. To hear if there is any signifant difference.

I have feeling, that this type of sound has quite firm divisions of lovers and haters. That latters ones will not be able to listen "songs" after they encourter the sound what appers dull and silly.
Structure, composition, pacing of sounds and vocals, energy of vocals etc. that all I do like, but this sound style is something I know I most likely won't get over. In live situation, with enough rawness from speakers... I can see I'd like the tracks to certain extent.
E-mail: fanimal +a+ cfprod,com
MAGAZINE: http://www.special-interests.net
LABEL / DISTRIBUTION: FREAK ANIMAL http://www.nhfastore.net

simulacrum

I wasn't expecting to like this after hearing it was "technoise" (a fucking awful descriptor), but I've come around. I agree with Mikko about the sounds being a bit weak - it's too bad the harshest sounds are on Come Clean which is essentially a remix of Cockpit. The electronics on Crowd Pleaser and Nobody's Ugly are great, so it's too bad the electronics are weak. (Whitehouse holds the crown in terms of sounds made by any and all projects by WH and it's members). If it were not for Best's vocals or his legacy, there's no doubt I'd have skipped over Estuary English.

Andrew McIntosh

It's easy to sum this thing up - total rip off. Big name, big ornate release, big hype and big bucks to pay for it. Total fucking rip off. Apparently Cut Hands is going to release a double twelve inch vinyl soon.

Yea, it's your money...do something useful next time and wipe your arse with it or something.
Shikata ga nai.

ImpulsyStetoskopu

Quote from: Andrew McIntosh on November 29, 2014, 04:08:44 PM
It's easy to sum this thing up - total rip off. Big name, big ornate release, big hype and big bucks to pay for it. Total fucking rip off. Apparently Cut Hands is going to release a double twelve inch vinyl soon.

Yea, it's your money...do something useful next time and wipe your arse with it or something.

The same thoughts. Sometimes (maybe more often than only "sometimes") big names are weaker and weaker with time. Why not if people buy their works due to "these" NAMES, instead of MUSIC? These NAMES needn't demand of ourselves.

C601

I didn't pay so it's pretty good for free

Mikerdeath

I only heard the first song but based on that I'm still gonna buy it regardless of the somewhat laughable negative comments here.