Special Interest
December 14, 2017, 06:15:21 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  

Pages: 1 ... 35 36 37 38 39 40 [41]
  Print  
Author Topic: documentaries  (Read 195919 times)
online prowler
Diehard user

« Reply #600 on: June 25, 2017, 04:58:40 PM »

I WILL TREASURE YOUR FRIENDSHIP.

A Youtube singer, obsessed by fame, Photoshops himself into the lives of celebrities and an Australian murder victim.

http://www.swagmanfilms.com/iwilltreasureyourfriendship/
theotherjohn
user

« Reply #601 on: July 04, 2017, 10:54:08 AM »

Just found on YouTube this incredible BBC documentary series called Sex, Drugs and Murder about the UK's only legalised prostitution area in Holbeck, Leeds. Nine parts long and with a running time of 2 and 1/2 hours! The harsh Northern England accents of some of the subjects might be incomprehensible to some (and the autogenerated subtitles don't help either) but either way, this is definitely worth a watch!

Playlist here in correct running order:

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLqrkC1T1nQdCQljLL03gPNuACHTaECity
tiny_tove
Overkill user

ELETTRONICA RADICALE EDIZIONI

« Reply #602 on: July 04, 2017, 04:49:28 PM »

this is one of the best doc ever done on British prostitution.

online prowler
Diehard user

« Reply #603 on: July 04, 2017, 05:42:36 PM »

Thanx for the heads up.
Theodore
user

« Reply #604 on: July 04, 2017, 07:56:06 PM »

Watched 2 docs on TV the last days. Tales Of The Grim Sleeper : Is he the biggest trash fucker ever ? 50-100 photos of whores he fucked and maybe killed and i doubt there were more than 2 with "acceptable" look. Trasher than trash ! What's interesting in the doc is how his friends at first tell "I don't believe it, no way, blah, blah" , and later the only thing they don't say is "Yes, i saw him killing them" ! A lot of interviews with whores too. "Yes, i was there but ... i am not a trash" . I have listened this again lately ! Was it in the Neurotic Force tape ? Don't remember. Anyway, best scene is a short, fat, black whore walking the street without pants. Disgusting. Release him now !

Beuys : I am confused about artists, performers like him and about "modern" , conceptual art in general. Some things i like, most i believe are bullshits. The worst is when the artists or critics try to explain those bullshits, saying bigger bullshits that noone understands haha. Well Beuys has a honest answer when he was told that when he speaks he tries to impress so much that it results to nonsense. "Yes, but my life and work shows i am not only that. I have to try to impress, otherwise noone will care" . Also, he has a good reply when asked what he would tell to someone who doesn't understand his sculpture. "To take a spoon and eat it" . At least seems he wasn't boring character.

“ἀθάνατοι θνητοί, θνητοὶ ἀθάνατοι, ζῶντες τὸν ἐκείνων θάνατον, τὸν δὲ ἐκείνων βίον τεθνεῶτες”
david lloyd jones
Diehard user

« Reply #605 on: July 07, 2017, 06:32:39 PM »

Just found on YouTube this incredible BBC documentary series called Sex, Drugs and Murder about the UK's only legalised prostitution area in Holbeck, Leeds. Nine parts long and with a running time of 2 and 1/2 hours! The harsh Northern England accents of some of the subjects might be incomprehensible to some (and the autogenerated subtitles don't help either) but either way, this is definitely worth a watch!

Playlist here in correct running order:

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLqrkC1T1nQdCQljLL03gPNuACHTaECity

just finished watching.
visually tough and true.
deeply empathic with it's subjects, which, to me reduces this to soap opera, like a lot of recent ' underclass' type documentary.
'benefit street', 'can't pay, we'll take it away', 'love on the dole' etc.
all look at struggle, for cash, for drugs, for dignity etc as fit for watch/comment in a not usually neutral senseto me they quickly go from dispassionate  enquiry into value laden pseudo soap.
cr
Heavy user

« Reply #606 on: July 14, 2017, 05:07:34 PM »

Yesterday I got DVDs of Tsurisaki Kiyotaka's Junk Films and The Wasteland.
Will possibly watch them during the weekend, if I'm in the right mood.
On the first glimpse Junk Films looks like moving pictures of the books I have.
online prowler
Diehard user

« Reply #607 on: July 15, 2017, 05:15:01 PM »

Yesterday I got DVDs of Tsurisaki Kiyotaka's Junk Films and The Wasteland.
Will possibly watch them during the weekend, if I'm in the right mood.
On the first glimpse Junk Films looks like moving pictures of the books I have.

Nice one! Love those!!
KMusselman
Heavy user

« Reply #608 on: July 29, 2017, 10:17:02 PM »

LOST TAPES: SON OF SAM, Sunday July 30th.

http://www.smithsonianchannel.com/shows/the-lost-tapes/son-of-sam/1004513/3437441
anomalie

« Reply #609 on: August 19, 2017, 12:08:39 AM »

Anyone seen The Red Pill ?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HK7n_XA40V8
KMusselman
Heavy user

« Reply #610 on: September 04, 2017, 06:58:15 PM »

watched Unstoppable: The Fentanyl Epidemic in Canada on CBC.  by now, everyone has heard of fentanyl.  a 3-milligram dose of fentanyl is enough to kill an average-sized adult male.  in its pure form, fentanyl kills on contact with skin.  also mentioned, the latest synthetic drug to hit the street, "W18".  It is 10,000 times more powerful than morphine and 100 times more powerful than fentanyl.  guaranteed to kill even the most hardcore junkie.

http://www.cbc.ca/firsthand/episodes/unstoppable-the-fentanyl-epidemic
david lloyd jones
Diehard user

« Reply #611 on: September 04, 2017, 07:17:21 PM »

fentanyl seems like the new crack.
monster drug from hell.
difference is fentanyl is a Px med not cooked up
leading to questions re: prescribing etc.pharma companies and doc collusion.
and weak willed people.
Kayandah

« Reply #612 on: September 06, 2017, 06:06:51 AM »

fentanyl seems like the new crack.
monster drug from hell.
difference is fentanyl is a Px med not cooked up
leading to questions re: prescribing etc.pharma companies and doc collusion.
and weak willed people.

I know this is the documentary thread, but still, one of the best books I've read on this topic is "Dreamland" by Sam Quinones. He pulls together how the mexicans from a small state revolutionized the selling of heroin into america which coupled with the rise of prescribing of pain meds has led to this crisis - and the fact the clampdown on abuse in pain med prescriptions pushes people into heroin use. This was written before the surge in use on fentanyl but is still worth a read to understand that this crisis cannot simply be blamed on one part.
KMusselman
Heavy user

« Reply #613 on: September 17, 2017, 04:43:05 AM »

10-part film, “The Vietnam War,” premiering Sunday, Sept 17 on PBS.

http://www.pbs.org/kenburns/the-vietnam-war/home/
garbagebody

« Reply #614 on: October 13, 2017, 10:01:45 AM »

I've been meaning to watch Palms / Ладони after i saw a clip of the film over a song by Grazhdanskaya Oborona on youtube. Looks extremely interesting.
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0168845/

Pages: 1 ... 35 36 37 38 39 40 [41]
  Print  

Jump to: