documentaries

Started by FreakAnimalFinland, December 10, 2009, 09:03:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

eraciator

Knox was punished for not adhering to the cops' retarded view of womanhood. There is an incredible bit in the film where the lead investigator relates a completely speculative conversation in which Knox is taken to task for her loose morals before the murder takes place. There is no evidence that conversation happened - although it is a good metaphor for the media coverage during the trial.

I thought "Tickled" was an incredible film that had a lot of resonance with some of the psychological aspects of power electronics at its best.

eraciator

The new Louis Theroux documentary about Jimmy Savile is worth a look. The main theme is basically him beating himself up for not figuring out Savile was a rapist when he was hanging out with him (but also trying to salve his conscience by talking to people who still defend Savile, like his former PA).

There are some upsetting interviews with some of Savile's victims, whose stoicism and articulacy is inspiring.

aububs

hah yeah that is very true about Tickled, hadn't thought of that.

and yeah the lead prosecutor in the Knox case was an absolute moron. very dangerous when you give morons positions of power like that (we'll never learn). and he's displayed his ineptitude in the past too, if you look up his invovlement in the Monster of Florence case. he basically comes up with these crazy unsubstantiated theories and ruins people's lives, as a policy.

martialgodmask

Quote from: eraciator on October 08, 2016, 10:47:57 AM
The new Louis Theroux documentary about Jimmy Savile is worth a look. The main theme is basically him beating himself up for not figuring out Savile was a rapist when he was hanging out with him (but also trying to salve his conscience by talking to people who still defend Savile, like his former PA).

There are some upsetting interviews with some of Savile's victims, whose stoicism and articulacy is inspiring.

I like Louis Theroux, but thought this was a bit of a miss. Probably a good idea to re-visit, but it leaned a bit too much on the contemplative "interludes" for me. Felt very much like a conscience-easing exercise and his many reminders of "I didn't notice, honest" I found a little hard to swallow.

david lloyd jones

Quote from: martialgodmask on October 08, 2016, 11:09:23 AM
Quote from: eraciator on October 08, 2016, 10:47:57 AM

I like Louis Theroux, but thought this was a bit of a miss. Probably a good idea to re-visit, but it leaned a bit too much on the contemplative "interludes" for me. Felt very much like a conscience-easing exercise and his many reminders of "I didn't notice, honest" I found a little hard to swallow.

this programme was a difficult one. either you accept Theroux's position or ignorance/innocence or not.
whatever, savile will become a UK bogeyman alongside Hindley, Brady, Sutcliffe, Nilsen etc.
despite all appearances on TV going missing , there will be appearances galore to excite/repulse.

david lloyd jones

Quote from: KMusselman on October 16, 2016, 02:51:00 AM
You Have Nothing to Worry About

documentary photography

http://www.melissaspitz.com/you-have-nothing-to-worry-about/3rsdgn5plspczwhdvnovwgvn2bujin

as a mental health professional, have seen this loads of times, but as advocate for reality, show it again for new people to see.

david lloyd jones

online prowler

Dunblane: Our Story

Twenty years ago Thomas Hamilton walked into Dunblane primary school, murdered 16 five-year-olds and their teacher, then killed himself.

Maybe interesting for those of you whom read Sotos' Predicate.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b072ww59

david lloyd jones

Quote from: online prowler on December 03, 2016, 01:07:34 PM

Twenty years ago Thomas Hamilton walked into Dunblane primary school, murdered 16 five-year-olds and their teacher, then killed himself.

possibly so but according to I player, not currently available

online prowler

Quote from: david lloyd jones on December 03, 2016, 02:28:45 PM
Quote from: online prowler on December 03, 2016, 01:07:34 PM

possibly so but according to I player, not currently available

Check for torrrents.

cr

Yesterday evening I watched 'Jack London : American Original' on TV, I think it was related to the 100th anniversary of his death on Nov. 22.
Quite good and he was for sure an interesting character. Don't remember all of the details though, because John Barleycorn paid a visit since early afternoon...;)

.:Will:.

Just watched "Nazi Pop Twins" from 2007. A doc about Prussian Blue.
When I downloaded the torrent, it also came with "Louis Theroux - Louis And The Nazis (2003)".

Both are exceptional. Apologies if these have been mentioned previously.

I'm a fan of most of Theroux's stuff so this was a real treat and the Prussian Blue doc gets creepy with the mom at points.
Recommended!

absurdexposition

Quote from: .:Will:. on December 29, 2016, 09:26:53 AM
Just watched "Nazi Pop Twins" from 2007. A doc about Prussian Blue.
When I downloaded the torrent, it also came with "Louis Theroux - Louis And The Nazis (2003)".

Both are exceptional. Apologies if these have been mentioned previously.

I'm a fan of most of Theroux's stuff so this was a real treat and the Prussian Blue doc gets creepy with the mom at points.
Recommended!

Nice. Didn't know about the doc, need to see it. The Louis Theroux stuff is always interesting.
Primitive Isolation Tactics
Scream & Writhe distro and Absurd Exposition label
Montreal, QC
https://www.screamandwrithe.com

SiClark

BBC iplayer has some good documentaries in their Storyville season including - 'Zero Days-Nuclear cyber sabotage' which is superb and about the Stuxnet cyber weapon that was sent out to destroy Iranian nuclear reactors.

ANDROPHILIA

-ANDROPHILIA
-LIM DUL

"Give me crack and anal sex
Take the only tree that's left
and stuff it up the hole
in your culture" 
(L.Cohen)