The return of DEATHKEY....

Started by ADR, March 27, 2013, 02:19:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PTM Jim

LP of selected live material will also see the light of day eventually.

vomitgore

Quote from: FreakAnimalFinland on October 28, 2018, 03:31:07 PM
Quote from: Salute on October 23, 2018, 12:38:48 PM
Any news of Deathkey are welcome! I worship Deathkey.

While project is laughed, hated, ridiculed... at the same time it has been able to do new things not done by others. Reaching new crowds and expanding beyond where generic noise has possibilities. It would be good to see him get some new studio material done.

Havent witnessed too much of the ridiculing myself, but what I have seen mostly sounded like people being jealous of DK's success. Most of the criticism I read came from pseudo-intellectual , (semi-) leftist Harsh Noise guys whose own projects never got beyond Bandcamp and moving a handful of CDRs. Of course, I am sure many people disagree with such projects for a variety of reasons, but most of the stuff I read sounded like "buy my otaku harsh noise wall CDRs instead of evil Nazi PE". Quite pathetic, actually...

DSOL

Quote from: PTM Jim on October 29, 2018, 06:31:17 AM
LP of selected live material will also see the light of day eventually.

awesome
"I do not get bored of nude ladies nor good Japanese noise"

Duncan

Quote from: vomitgore on November 04, 2018, 11:19:48 AM
Quote from: FreakAnimalFinland on October 28, 2018, 03:31:07 PM
Quote from: Salute on October 23, 2018, 12:38:48 PM
Any news of Deathkey are welcome! I worship Deathkey.

While project is laughed, hated, ridiculed... at the same time it has been able to do new things not done by others. Reaching new crowds and expanding beyond where generic noise has possibilities. It would be good to see him get some new studio material done.

Havent witnessed too much of the ridiculing myself, but what I have seen mostly sounded like people being jealous of DK's success. Most of the criticism I read came from pseudo-intellectual , (semi-) leftist Harsh Noise guys whose own projects never got beyond Bandcamp and moving a handful of CDRs. Of course, I am sure many people disagree with such projects for a variety of reasons, but most of the stuff I read sounded like "buy my otaku harsh noise wall CDRs instead of evil Nazi PE". Quite pathetic, actually...

Don't worry, there are plenty of people with lives outside of internet bickering that think Deathkey is fucking shite aswell.

Scat-O-Logy

Never paid too much attention to Deathkey but I must admit "Totenkopf" was brilliant scum noise! Looking to score more at some point. I do have the BU split but can't remember much of Deathkey side as I bought it for BU.

Cementimental

QuoteMost of the criticism I read came from

Most of the criticism I read came from pretty much anyone and everyone right across the whole noise/pe/industrial scene either thinking it was weak noise with decent graphic design and risible shock tactics, or seeing that this was pretty obviously a joke/troll project presumably by some 'name' artist under a pseudonym? But yeah if it's 'real' than that's even funnier perhaps.

burdizzo

Was listening to the 'Total War/ None of You Left' split w/ 88MM this morning and, I must say, it did it's job very nicely. Didn't find it 'weak' at all.

Zeno Marx

The personal investment in this guy/group is sort of amazing.  People really care.  Tribalism like Trump incites.
"the overindulgent machines were their children"
I only buy vinyl, d00ds.

aububs

sonically deathkey can be great. that split with 8mm in particular is nice. but the racist bollox that surrounds it all is unfortunate

ONE

Isn't it!  Isn't it!

Jews?  Jews?!  You gotta be shitting me!  If it's a wind up: it's propaganda of absolute brilliance (I salute it).  If it's sincere: dude's thick as pig shit and should step on up and apply to work in a walk-in-deep freeze for Burger King (after a five decade apprenticeship, of course).

Almost as revolting as Streicher's' claim that his namesake was a lamb sent to the slaughter for his flower arranging fetish.
resist the things you can find everywhere

FallOfNature

There's far more conceptual depth to Deathkey than what most people see on the surface level. It goes a bit deeper than being the lyrical equivalent of some RAC or NSBM band and it appears he's leaving behind the sampled war marches and German song titles in favour of something more personal. Depending on an individual's perception - could make it far more interesting or perhaps even more ludicrous. I'm not speaking specifically to other forum members, because if you're not into it - well you ain't gonna give a fuck regardless. Mostly an observation from guys who've taken a detour into noise/industrial from metal via Deathkey.

It took me a long time for Deathkey to actually "click" with me, and it wasn't until I went back and revisited Doctrine Of Intolerant Hatred and gave it plenty of time that I saw lasting value in it. Emanations Of Binaural Terror ‎was something quite different that I liked, albeit about the half the duration I would've preferred. The recent tracks on the Beyond split LP are definitely his best work and the cleaner, more pronounced vocalizations really work in his favour.

Cementimental

Quote from: burdizzo on November 08, 2018, 08:54:37 PM
Was listening to the 'Total War/ None of You Left' split w/ 88MM this morning and, I must say, it did it's job very nicely. Didn't find it 'weak' at all.

oh, well I didn't listen to anything more recent than the first couple of releases because why would i? There's already too much decent noise/PE for me to get thru that isn't made by a satanic racist joke band. Good for him i guess improving slightly tho

Euro Trash Bazooka

I can't understand Deathkey because I'm part of a conspiracy that doesn't exist. Whatever criticism he receives about his ideas and whatnot is deserved because he never really advertised anything he released on SSP, DAR or for his own projects based on their artistical merits and always used the extremism argument instead. He' s not the only one to do that but it gets tiresome and I can't take anything he does more seriously than anything coming out on Winter Solace.
DROIT DIVIN: https://droitdivin1.bandcamp.com/

CRYPTOFASCISME / VIOLENT SHOGUN /
ETC: https://yesdivulgation.bandcamp.com/

aububs

Quote from: theotherjohn on November 09, 2018, 12:22:33 PM
This thread brings back memories of my first foray onto the Troniks board circa 2007 and the shitstorm thread about the RRRecords/Freak Animal co-release. Thinking back, that may well have been the first time I was fully aware of either label? So, uh, thanks Deathkey. Evidently though one of those labels faired better than the other in the long term as a result of this release - personally I'd much rather see a 'The return of RRRecords' thread (how is RON these days?).

i remember rrron saying that he decided to release that first deathkey LP because he was impressed with how he handled himself in the face of that relentless mockery. lots of posts slagging him off and featuring shrek and ice cream cakes somehow? and that raionbashi LP with the brutal gimp donkey on the front, which is presumably what a "deathkey" is. that thread was funny. pretty sure rrron is still quietly releasing recycled tapes and running his shop. don't think he's gone anywhere except away from the internet.

Salute

Quote from: Cementimental on November 09, 2018, 12:17:14 PM
made by a satanic racist joke band.

Excuse me? I suppose you have some grounds for an accusation like this?

FreakAnimal wrote that there's a lot of ridiculing of Deathkey but never have seen any... Before this thread though. Wouldn't have guessed such PC mentality here haha!