The return of DEATHKEY....

Started by ADR, March 27, 2013, 02:19:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Duncan

Quote from: Salute on November 13, 2018, 05:34:22 PM
Quote from: Cementimental on November 09, 2018, 12:17:14 PM
made by a satanic racist joke band.

Excuse me? I suppose you have some grounds for an accusation like this?

FreakAnimal wrote that there's a lot of ridiculing of Deathkey but never have seen any... Before this thread though. Wouldn't have guessed such PC mentality here haha!

I've noticed that a lot of people who would decry PC mentalities also get quite upset when you suggest a an edgy PE sacred cow might not be as great as everyone likes to think. Almost offended, you might say.

FreakAnimalFinland

Quote from: Zeno Marx on November 08, 2018, 09:51:22 PM
The personal investment in this guy/group is sort of amazing.  People really care.

;)

I've been asked several times by people, why do "everybody" talk about Deathkey, when there are so many other vile and over-the-top power electronics projects. Why not something else? I usually conclude that: Who knows?!

Quote from: theotherjohn on November 09, 2018, 12:22:33 PM
This thread brings back memories of my first foray onto the Troniks board circa 2007 and the shitstorm thread about the RRRecords/Freak Animal co-release. Thinking back, that may well have been the first time I was fully aware of either label? So, uh, thanks Deathkey. Evidently though one of those labels faired better than the other in the long term as a result of this release

Ron liked how Deathkey handled himself in front of endless loudmouths, but also he felt that RRR should do at that particular time some "vile and disgusting industrial release". I suppose it was as contrast to warmness and playfulness of "new wave of USA noise" that he had put out. Later he concluded that he LP surely lived up to the set goals. So much that as far as I'm aware, it meant even some personal friendships go little sour for a while.
I recall on the same forum, it must have been RRRon who opened "pussification of noise" -discussion. While man is prankster and gentleman, and utterly warm & supportive to everything in noise, he was wondering what's up with new generations. Coming from old school, you have used to situation where people handle what industrial noise has to offer. If it wasn't your cup of tea, it barely made grown men cry. Neither it resulted the same old "I'm so bored of this" -routine, pretending as if you'd see blown up asses and swastikas non-stop. It tends to be that seeing single thing among thousands of other items makes one react. Boredom? Oh yes, obviously!

So where is RRRon now? Running his store. His bargain CD offers has been sent to all members of RRR's mailing list during last weeks. I guess he'd rather work on selling records than check out what's out there on social media right now, hehe...?

In some ways Deathkey can be compared to perhaps early Mortiis. Not musically, but in some other ways. People who listen utmost great ambient masterpieces, and wonder who are the guys listening simple keyboard patterns of rubber nosed metalhead?! While the guys that listen old Mortiis, probably don't care whatever sonically advanced and visually adult thing you are suggesting as better alternative.
E-mail: fanimal +a+ cfprod,com
MAGAZINE: http://www.special-interests.net
LABEL / DISTRIBUTION: FREAK ANIMAL http://www.nhfastore.net

HONOR_IS_KING!

No one in this thread apparently has stood in the same room and had a conversation with him, at least not like me.

He's the kindest man in the entirety of the PE scene.
KOUFAR x TERROR CELL UNIT
https://soundcloud.com/crimesofthecrown

PSALM 109

bitewerksMTB

Quote from: HONOR_IS_KING! on November 13, 2018, 07:46:47 PM
No one in this thread apparently has stood in the same room and had a conversation with him, at least not like me.

Deathkey?

HONOR_IS_KING!

Quote from: bitewerksMTB on November 13, 2018, 08:25:29 PM
Quote from: HONOR_IS_KING! on November 13, 2018, 07:46:47 PM

Deathkey?

Yeah. Who else we talkin bout here?
KOUFAR x TERROR CELL UNIT
https://soundcloud.com/crimesofthecrown

PSALM 109

FallOfNature

For the few unaware of the mockery etc, it concerned some EBM type forum and it's members randomly typing "DEATHKEY"  at any given chance. This was 10 years ago, perhaps more.

From it spawned some stupid compilation CD, and the profits of that went to the Museum Of Tolerance in Los Angeles. The line-up of which don't seem to be very active in the past half a decade, and you wouldn't want to listen to their shit music anyway. You can find info on it via discogs if you're resourceful enough.

It's hardly worth bringing up, but since there was confusion - there it is. If my memory serves me correctly A.K. just figuratively shrugged his shoulders, called them weaklings and moved on and kept releasing music.

Ashmonger

Quote from: FallOfNature on November 13, 2018, 11:57:50 PM
If my memory serves me correctly A.K. just figuratively shrugged his shoulders, called them weaklings and moved on and kept releasing music.
He probably said "KILL THEM ALL!".

andy vomit

Quote from: FallOfNature on November 13, 2018, 11:57:50 PM
For the few unaware of the mockery etc, it concerned some EBM type forum and it's members randomly typing "DEATHKEY"  at any given chance. This was 10 years ago, perhaps more.

From it spawned some stupid compilation CD, and the profits of that went to the Museum Of Tolerance in Los Angeles. The line-up of which don't seem to be very active in the past half a decade, and you wouldn't want to listen to their shit music anyway. You can find info on it via discogs if you're resourceful enough.

It's hardly worth bringing up, but since there was confusion - there it is. If my memory serves me correctly A.K. just figuratively shrugged his shoulders, called them weaklings and moved on and kept releasing music.

i think it was the side-line forums, but i don't recall. i never saw the threads, but i know several people who were involved with putting that compilation together. the whole things was weird and silly.
thevomitarsonist.wordpress.com
danversstaterecordings.blogspot.com

Cementimental

Quote from: Salute on November 13, 2018, 05:34:22 PM
Quote from: Cementimental on November 09, 2018, 12:17:14 PM
made by a satanic racist joke band.

Excuse me? I suppose you have some grounds for an accusation like this?

What "accusation'?! Satanic racist is the whole premise of the project, and joke (intentional or unintentional) is my appraisal of it. This is SI not Wikipedia

theworldisawarfilm

What's truly intolerable? This guy's totally weak sense of aesthetics. His releases, across the board, look like video game merchandise you'd buy at Wal-Mart. Reactionary crybabies on both sides of this debate. In my mind, it's totally forgettable.

This garbage is somehow preferable to whining "SJWs?"  L O L no thanks.

FreakAnimalFinland

Quote from: theworldisawarfilm on November 16, 2018, 06:11:56 AM
In my mind, it's totally forgettable.

So forgettable that seeing image of some kind of skull, makes one think Kramer.

Indeed:
Quote from: FreakAnimalFinland on November 13, 2018, 06:50:12 PM
If it wasn't your cup of tea, it barely made grown men cry. Neither it resulted the same old "I'm so bored of this" -routine, pretending as if...

Anyways, I told artists when the patch in picture above came, that it is not that good idea to make such banal comment. Whole anti-antifa is pretty dull, unless you are someone accused for no reason - and naturally relate to such idea.

Yet, seeing how much patch... was it ltd 10-20 copies, resulted outrage... I have re-considered. Perhaps Intolitarian, which is pretty much outrageous noisecore, and with just photo of one patch manages to stir seemingly endless reactions all over social media. It goes pretty well in good old traditions set by Anal Cunt or such. If there is available possibility of using cheap shots to create butthurt and annoy people, I guess noisecore is where it works the best, hah...

Cross over to another topic as Zeno Marx already mentioned Trump.
Quote from: Boyd Rice"But, I'm enjoying the whole Trump spectacle. It has made the United States into this kind of reality TV show where the populace is behaving like an audience members on a Jerry Springer show. That's entertaining to watch."

I personally, not so much enjoying Trump spectacle, nor I enjoy watching Jerry Springer show, but I do feel it is always sort of revealing. Just once you thought certain crowd could be a notch better than Springer show audience - or at least the viewers who pretend to participate from distance -  you realize that probably not.
Someone may ask, so what should be done if band annoys me so much - can't I mock back, as he is clearly trolling? Of course you can, like the yelling Springer audience and the ironic TV viewer thinking he is so over this.
E-mail: fanimal +a+ cfprod,com
MAGAZINE: http://www.special-interests.net
LABEL / DISTRIBUTION: FREAK ANIMAL http://www.nhfastore.net

Ashmonger

Quote from: FreakAnimalFinland on November 16, 2018, 09:20:50 AMWhole anti-antifa is pretty dull
True, but Code291 - Anti-Antifa is a very enjoyable track nonetheless.

New Era Productions just released Emanations of Binaural Terror on single sided 12". I got it two weeks ago and it looks great.

NEP 80 DEATHKEY - Emanations of Binaural Terror LP
Power-Electronics, cymatic weaponry, binaural terror and pineal frequency manipulation rituals harnessed by Antichrist Kramer. Carefully mastered & cut on heavy 12" LP with silver silk-screen on the B-side.
Comes with amazing packaging of a ritual map with instructions on 24"x12" fold out/gatefold cover and 12"x12" inlay in PMS silver printed on heavy black paper.
Limited to 369 handnumbered copies.

Cementimental

Quote from: FreakAnimalFinland on November 16, 2018, 09:20:50 AMWhole anti-antifa is pretty dull, unless you are someone accused for no reason - and naturally relate to such idea.

Especially dull and dumb if you are an actual fascist (or pretending to be one on your record sleeves) and then act outraged that anti-fascists might be against fascism.

I kind of like Deathkey's silly aesthetic tho yeah as theworldisawarfilm points out it's a bit Xbox, and it's one of the main reasons I think he's trolling; real neo-nazis don't have competent graphic design skills.