Merry Christmas From Krampus

Started by Andrew McIntosh, December 24, 2012, 01:29:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Andrew McIntosh

Shikata ga nai.

Niko

www.obscurex.org Noise, Power Electronics, Industrial & Experimental Label.

ConcreteMascara

[death|trigger|impulse]

http://soundcloud.com/user-658220512

H.H*D.H

Is that 'Pohjoinen Tarustomme I' book real? Who is the author?

RyanWreck

Quote from: H.H*D.H on December 24, 2012, 03:03:05 PM

Yea, it seems to make its rounds on Reddit every year around this time. It's a pretty modern book if I remember correctly, written in like 2008 or so.

H.H*D.H

Quote from: RyanWreck on December 24, 2012, 03:54:26 PM
Quote from: H.H*D.H on December 24, 2012, 03:03:05 PM

Yea, it seems to make its rounds on Reddit every year around this time. It's a pretty modern book if I remember correctly, written in like 2008 or so.
Gotta seek it out. Just thought to ask because saw similiar pictures in the 'Rare Exports' movie and wondered if they were made just for the movie or if they were from real book or what.

Jaakko V.

A friend claims to have vague memories reading a book with similar pictures as a child. Who knows. Can be coloured memories or not. The same images appear in the Finnish movie Rare Exports too. However, the stuff depicted in these pics is quite consonant with the pre-Christian legends of the north and not exaggerated at all really.

H.H*D.H

Quote from: Salamanauhat on December 24, 2012, 04:01:34 PM
A friend claims to have vague memories reading a book with similar pictures as a child. Who knows. Can be coloured memories or not. The same images appear in the Finnish movie Rare Exports too. However, the stuff depicted in these pics is quite consonant with the pre-Christian legends of the north and not exaggerated at all really.
That's why it interests me. And the pictures are very well drawn, to boot.

Jaakko V.

I've contacted the person who posted these originally on FB and asked about the name of the book if it exists... Let's see. Meanwhile, for those fluent in Finnish, I'd like to recommend Saamelaiset: pohjoisen kansan mytologia by Juha Pentikäinen for some truly haunting legends about this kind of stuff, corpse magic etc. from the perspective of Lapland's Saami people.

H.H*D.H

Quote from: Salamanauhat on December 24, 2012, 04:11:44 PM
I've contacted the person who posted these originally on FB and asked about the name of the book if it exists... Let's see. Meanwhile, for those fluent in Finnish, I'd like to recommend Saamelaiset: pohjoisen kansan mytologia by Juha Pentikäinen for some truly haunting legends about this kind of stuff, corpse magic etc. from the perspective of Lapland's Saami people.
Certainly hope so. Having only few pages would be quite anticlimax. Thanks for the recommendation!

bitewerksMTB

I sw some tv show the other day that a character mentioned "Krampus" & it sounded familiar- that first image, I saw on a tumblr around the same day. The show was "The League".