Anenzephalia

Started by drunk, December 23, 2012, 08:24:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

drunk

Has anyone listened to this Anenzephalia Kaltwelt yet? I'm ordering this babe next week as soon as I get paid. I'd like to read some opinions in the meantime.
Into The Grave is probably the best death metal record ever.

Goat93

I've bought it right after the Concert on the Tesco festival. Its good, but sadly the Concert was 100x
better than the LP, so its little bit dissapointing for me.

Same goes with Contrastate, i liked the Performance a Lot, but think on CD/LP it won't work the same

FreakAnimalFinland

said in playlist topic:

Finally copies of Anenzephalia Kaltweld in my hands and after one spin, I must say that highlight tracks REALLY stand out. Thinking, that I heard few of these tracks when Anenzephalia played in Finland several years ago, and still could instantly recognize track when it starts! I think composition of album is brilliant, and for me this was very nice move forward from previous album (not bad either, though). First couple of tracks I thought vocal sound was somewhat separate from music itself, having very different frequencies/atmosphere as if it was put on top of instrumental piece much later under different circumstances? But very quickly you either get used to it, or it simply starts to blend in better. Not all tracks are absolute stand out classics, but fact that there are several of them, and rest stand strong - makes album ESSENTIAL purchase.
Due some conditions, so far listened just CD, but giving LP spin as soon as possible and I have slight expectation that some tracks may work even better on LP.

few other people's comments there too.
E-mail: fanimal +a+ cfprod,com
MAGAZINE: http://www.special-interests.net
LABEL / DISTRIBUTION: FREAK ANIMAL http://www.nhfastore.net

Zeno Marx

Quote from: Goat93 on December 23, 2012, 10:08:59 PMSame goes with Contrastate, i liked the Performance a Lot, but think on CD/LP it won't work the same
New Contrastate album?  Released in both LP and CD format, or is it another one of those LP+CD special packages?  Either way, this is great potential news.
"the overindulgent machines were their children"
I only buy vinyl, d00ds.

Zeno Marx

Quote from: KMusselman on December 24, 2012, 12:58:31 AM
QuoteNew Contrastate album?  Released in both LP and CD format, or is it another one of those LP+CD special packages?  Either way, this is great potential news.
Are you referring to the album,  A Breeding Ground For Flies?  If so, Malignant has had it in stock since November.
Must be the one.  Hadn't heard anything about it.  Not into the cover graphics.
"the overindulgent machines were their children"
I only buy vinyl, d00ds.

burdizzo

Back to 'Kaltwelt'; I must say, I agree w/ Goat 93 - the gig was much better than the CD. Nevertheless, as FreakAnimal says, it has good stand-out tracks, too. For me, these were Nihilist's Sermon, Mind Kavalry, Saefe, and Paradies. The first track took a while to get going, but once it did, it was quite all right, too. I did not like - at all - either Aes or Bodies of Gold. It was on these tracks I thought the vocals didn't fit, and they really hindered my enjoyment. I don't know what it was - maybe the problem was they were too clear and you could understand the content, which was absolutely nothing out of the ordinary. Even on Nihilist's Sermon I felt there was no need for the (distorted) vocals - the track was getting along just fine w/out them. On Paradies there are voice samples, and these work far better than the vocals.
I presume you've got this by now, drunk - what did you think?

Goat93

Since we talked already about Contrastate and the Tesco Festival, is the Music from the Concert on a CD/LP already, i have not so much Contrastate and would like to listen to it on CD/LP since it was a Great Concert.

P-K

Quote from: Goat93 on January 23, 2013, 10:37:18 PM
Since we talked already about Contrastate and the Tesco Festival, is the Music from the Concert on a CD/LP already, i have not so much Contrastate and would like to listen to it on CD/LP since it was a Great Concert.

Contrastate opened with the first track from their last cd :
http://www.outoflineshop.de/neuheiten/transmission-se91.html

Goat93

Thanks, but why do you linked a Front 242 CD?

You talk about Todesmelodie or A Breeding?

FreakAnimalFinland

Modified topic to be overall Anenzephalia topic, not just one album.

Listened "Task Force Terrorist" LP yesterday. I have the original tape box and also CDR "reissue" of that material and now this LP. And have to say, it does totally justify being LP release. Just great set of tracks, including more aggressive side of project as well. It's hard to say what exactly is THE most essential from all live materials of band, but this certainly is welcomed!

Have piled "Instrumentalities - singles collection 1991-2008" CD to table for near-future listening session. Basically it is 4 tracks of LYSE 7" I'm looking for. That's only Anenzephalia I do not have. Everything else on this compilation is already in shelves.

As many have probably noticed, it has been announced that project is no longer. Of course one could sense less activity based on long silences and long delaying schedules, but it's unfortunate to hear project quitting. However, band leaves strong discography behind him!
E-mail: fanimal +a+ cfprod,com
MAGAZINE: http://www.special-interests.net
LABEL / DISTRIBUTION: FREAK ANIMAL http://www.nhfastore.net

GEWALTMONOPOL

ANENZEPHALIA IS DEAD - LONG LIVE KE/HIL!
Först när du blottar strupen ska du få nåd, ditt as...

Abscheu

@GEWALTMONOPOL : where did you get that news ?
imho Ke/Hil doen't succeed in reaching the level of Anenzephalia's necro ambience, nor GO's power of aggression. Sounds almost like a chastened version of 90s golden age of heavy electronics, minus shock tactics

fin de siècle

Quote from: FreakAnimalFinland on November 21, 2014, 11:25:59 AM
As many have probably noticed, it has been announced that project is no longer. Of course one could sense less activity based on long silences and long delaying schedules, but it's unfortunate to hear project quitting. However, band leaves strong discography behind him!

As far as I am informed, Anenzephalia decided to stop performing live, since the guys had the feeling no one is really interested anymore in seeing them perform. But that doesn´t mean the project is dead. Ke/Hil is anyway something totally different, more experimental and soundscape like composition than the rather song oriented approach of Anenzephalia - and yes, probably without the necro aspect (of old/mid period of Anenzephalia).

Felicia Gaggins

Quote from: Abscheu on November 30, 2014, 02:06:57 PM
@GEWALTMONOPOL : where did you get that news ?
imho Ke/Hil doen't succeed in reaching the level of Anenzephalia's necro ambience, nor GO's power of aggression. Sounds almost like a chastened version of 90s golden age of heavy electronics, minus shock tactics

I read of the news this morning on discogs:
"Profile:
Anenzephalia was one of the first artists to be signed by Tesco Organisation. B. Moloch is the man behind the project, often helped by Genocide Organ's frontman Wilhelm Herich, therefore Anenzephalia are sometimes refered to as a side-project of Genocide Organ, even if actually they are not. Their music is a powerful well-structured industrial power-electronics with menacing brutal vocals. On stage Anenzephalia are threatening and disturbing, assaulting the audience with wall of noises and blinding strobe lights.

The projected ended in 2014."

murderous_vision

I have ordered the 2XLP Magenta, haven't yet received it but, I wonder if anyone knows the origin of these recordings? Are they studio versions, or live? The description is vague enough to wonder, as it says they are tracks played in the live setting, yet never released, but doesn't state whether or not they are live. Outside of that, what are the impressions of the release? I am pretty excited to receive it!