Come Org.

Started by RyanWreck, December 08, 2012, 04:27:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

deutscheasphalt

Sweet, yeah was just wondering since the listing is blocked but there's still copies for sale which irritated me

impulse manslaughter

The Japanese bootlegs are blocked. A black vinyl original in VG+ or better condition will be something like 150 euros these days I guess..

theotherjohn

Quote from: deutscheasphalt on January 19, 2020, 05:22:51 PM
Quote from: theotherjohn on January 19, 2020, 04:30:20 PM
Quote from: deutscheasphalt on January 18, 2020, 01:32:50 AM
Quote from: impulse manslaughter on January 18, 2020, 12:36:41 AM
it sucks to have an incomplete version of this great LP.
Why don't you buy the original?

Uhh, easier said than done?
Great point, literally anything is easier said than done dude..

And a great snarky reply from you too, 'dude'. If someone's dropped 200+ Euros on a box set for the collector market that is lacking in a crucial detail (what with it being a Nazi themed compilation), the last thing they want to be told is something along the lines of "oh well, just buy an original copy of that very limited and equally expensive LP that came out almost 40 years ago".

deutscheasphalt

Quote from: theotherjohn on January 19, 2020, 07:48:28 PM
Quote from: deutscheasphalt on January 19, 2020, 05:22:51 PM
Quote from: theotherjohn on January 19, 2020, 04:30:20 PM
Quote from: deutscheasphalt on January 18, 2020, 01:32:50 AM
Quote from: impulse manslaughter on January 18, 2020, 12:36:41 AM
it sucks to have an incomplete version of this great LP.
Why don't you buy the original?

Uhh, easier said than done?
Great point, literally anything is easier said than done dude..

And a great snarky reply from you too, 'dude'. If someone's dropped 200+ Euros on a box set for the collector market that is lacking in a crucial detail (what with it being a Nazi themed compilation), the last thing they want to be told is something along the lines of "oh well, just buy an original copy of that very limited and equally expensive LP that came out almost 40 years ago".
You inserted yourself into the conversation with a snarky comment, noone was talking to you so stop speaking for other people and taking things out of context. I never said what you quoted here but I think you did a great job (this time for real) pointing that out cause that's what collecting is. 

theotherjohn

Quote from: deutscheasphalt on January 19, 2020, 08:06:53 PM
You inserted yourself into the conversation with a snarky comment, noone was talking to you so stop speaking for other people and taking things out of context. I never said what you quoted here but I think you did a great job (this time for real) pointing that out cause that's what collecting is. 

Ah, so just like you did then? I don't see any recent earlier replies from you in here before you interjected either. Glad to see you get special privileges. And I did contribute within context to the forum thread (a forum thread, unlike a conversation, isn't for a select few - anyone who's a forum member here can post into it whenever they like if they feel it contributes to the subject on hand). Anyway, bickering seems to be a consistent trait with your forum posts, so I'll stop here before I too get carried away from what this thread is about. Feel free to get the last word in if it makes you feel better, but I'd also rather return to discussing Come Org.

It is amusing that revision goes around full circle though in regards to the missing Himmler track - you can't please the protesters who want taboo details being excluded, or the collectors wanting the original record unexpurgated. Kind of surprised he didn't meddle with Right To Kill or Psychopathia Sexualis either. Maybe WB/VOD should have just avoided the issue altogether and replaced Fur Ilse Koch's inclusion with one of the other novelty cassette releases Come put out or the 7" Come single?

deutscheasphalt

Quote from: theotherjohn on January 19, 2020, 08:42:06 PM
Ah, so just like you did then?
True!

I don't think leaving out the Himmler track has anything to do with pleasing protesters rather than legal issues and in my opinion it's petty to complain about a missing nazi speech. Feel free to disagree of course.

sterilization

Quote from: impulse manslaughter on January 19, 2020, 01:27:18 PMAlso, it appears to have Kata 1 missing and Kata 7 and 8 have the exact same content. Does anybody knows if this is a mistake..? Just wondering as I've never seen the originals.

Definitely interested in a concrete answer to this. 

mevsocsci

Quote from: sterilization on January 20, 2020, 01:27:47 AM
Quote from: impulse manslaughter on January 19, 2020, 01:27:18 PMAlso, it appears to have Kata 1 missing and Kata 7 and 8 have the exact same content. Does anybody knows if this is a mistake..? Just wondering as I've never seen the originals.

Definitely interested in a concrete answer to this. 

By the looks of things it's a mistake. There is a copy of Kata 7 on line that is unreadable but to me at any rate looks different (lay out etc). It appears Kata 8 has been printed twice but I'm willing to stand corrected if they are the same.

aububs

i haven't got the come org box but over the years i've gotten quite a few boxes from vod with issues, lp sleeves missing, doubles of lps etc.

when you're printing such huge volumes of these massive boxes and having to pack all the elements together, mistakes can happen. but still v annoying when you've just dropped 200+ euro or whatever

murderous_vision

Anyone stateside receive their boxset yet? Fever pitch excitement over here...

Tommy Carlsson

Re: Himmler
I was thinking about the track Roman Strength from New Britain -- I am not sure who the German speaking fellow is, and also my German skills are very poor so not sure what he's going on about but I get the feeling that may very well also be, how you say, problematic?

burdizzo

I'm sure that was the whole point!
He probably wouldn't do it today, but you've got to remember that political correctness wasn't nearly as virulent in the early 1980s as it is now - despite the fact that we were closer to the war then.

deutscheasphalt

Quote from: Tommy Carlsson on January 23, 2020, 10:25:48 PM
Re: Himmler
I was thinking about the track Roman Strength from New Britain -- I am not sure who the German speaking fellow is, and also my German skills are very poor so not sure what he's going on about but I get the feeling that may very well also be, how you say, problematic?
It's a 1932 Goebbels speech. Content is standard for its time: anti-communist, conservative odalist appeal to tradition. Was 100% used for pure provocation and any projection of deeper meaning is conjecture.

accidental

Quote from: impulse manslaughter on January 12, 2020, 11:12:32 PM
360 includes worldwide shipping and the extra shirt/pin.. It's not too bad.

I agree. It's such a good deal that i was on the fence whether to buy this or get two Autechre NTS (12 LP) box sets for €60 less (ppd both). Noise today can be good business. And if you want to find people who will throw 360 for a remastered re-released 10LP box set, you'll be successful aiming for the PE crowd. Hopefully they don't sound as lifeless as the Susan Lawly's reissues from the 90s. How anyone can be deeply into Whitehouse from listening to those is beyond me.

Maybe in a couple of years we can get audiophile reissues like this one with a fitting and reasonable pricetag: https://www.discogs.com/John-Coltrane-Coltrane/release/12386018

Theodore

Quote from: accidental on January 27, 2020, 01:11:44 PM
Maybe in a couple of years we can get audiophile reissues like this one with a fitting and reasonable pricetag: https://www.discogs.com/John-Coltrane-Coltrane/release/12386018

I would be very sceptical if someone ever wanted to sell me an 'audiophile' Whitehouse and related reissue ! - I have no idea what the original masters are. R2R or cassette ? How / where they were recorded ? Etc. - But even tagging a Whitehouse reissue as audiophile is dubious enough, i think.
"ἀθάνατοι θνητοί, θνητοὶ ἀθάνατοι, ζῶντες τὸν ἐκείνων θάνατον, τὸν δὲ ἐκείνων βίον τεθνεῶτες"