tribal industrial?

Started by jesusfaggotchrist, November 29, 2012, 07:59:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kim V

you're just a victim of yourself

Zeno Marx

TeHÔM - Live Assault 2017

Has some nice drumming.  Timpani.  It's more dark ambient with hints near ethno-ambient at moments, but the drumming is excellent.
"the overindulgent machines were their children"
I only buy vinyl, d00ds.

Deadpriest

Kreuzweg Ost. Or is that purely martial and I'm being a fool? I think their last (or third) album/release drew influences from a range of places but its been a while since I listened to it.
My book of poetry: http://www.histergrant.com/

slugbait

Maybe more on the tribal side of the equation but Savage Republic's 1982 album Tragic Figures is classic.  And early Killing Joke of course.

calaverasgrande

Crash Worship really had to be seen live to appreciate the tribal aspect of them. 
Had the pleasure to open for them back in the 90's in my slightly noisy-punk band.
Dont think the booker had an inkling of what they were about. I know the vocalist of our band had his latent christianity triggered by them.
They did a really good job of just obliterating the barrier between audience and band. And usually obliterating your reference point to reality as well.

Typical Crash Worship show as I dimly recall;
band takes forever to set up.
starts playing very slowly building in crescendo with the guitar and drums as a smoke machine completely envelops the room.
Band members walk around the venue with mylar box wine bags forcing wine down peoples throats. 
At some point a strobe starts going off. Someone is making some vocal sounds.
Suddenly people are naked. There are fluids, is that mustard? Salad dressing? Jizz? 
Oh look the vocalist is fucking a woman up against the speakers.

I'm making out with someone.
There is a smell like fire, oh look a road flare.
Blackness.
How did I get home? Who is this woman?