Nature mysticism / tradition & beauty

Started by FreakAnimalFinland, April 01, 2010, 10:43:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cr

From my last holidays. The first one was taken by my girlfriend.

The waterfall made a pretty good harsh noise wall

pentd

AMRadioWaveMessage

Interesting thread, pictures, and subject.

Society offers very, very little to myself. I don't understand the appeal in some people wanting to be a billionaire, trillionaire, celebrity, famous, infamous, etc. Attention whores are still attention whores, no matter what anyone else says. I have experimented living in the wild, have spent weeks starving, with no food in my system at all. Have hunted, and have lived like ancient men lived. It puts you in a very different state of mind when things like this happen. It puts you in touch with nature. Nature is where I feel happy, and most alive.

I think society provides very little of life's truth worth. The world's becoming more and more extreme Leftist, and Male Testosterone levels are plummeting faster than ever, and Testosterone supplements are in high demand. What a fucking joke. The Human Brain has been shrinking, people are more and more domesticated, weak and dependent upon the state for survival. Male and Female are becoming more and more similar as Feminism is on the rise, and soon enough, there will be very little difference between the two. Humans are comfortable, fat, and lazy, and 99% couldn't even spend a full 24 hour period in the wild.

This is modern man. A joke. A horrible, but arguably hilarious joke. It's about time we revert back to Nature.

The species is literally splitting. Like a Wolf to a modern-day Chiuhuaha (or however the fuck you spell it) is Ancient Man to this Effeminate little Bitch.

Bloated Slutbag

There was a study published recently which suggested that the pussification of humanity can be traced directly to a proportional enlargement of the brain. Norwegian "proto-deep ecologist" Peter Wessel Zapffe saw the upshot of this - consciousness - as a curse.
"Whatever happened? A breach in the very unity of life, a biological paradox, an abomination, an absurdity, an exaggeration of disastrous nature. Life had overshot its target, blowing itself apart. A species had been armed too heavily – by spirit made almighty without, but equally a menace to its own well-being."
"The tragedy of a species becoming unfit for life by overevolving one ability is not confined to humankind. Thus it is thought, for instance, that certain deer in paleontological times succumbed as they acquired overly-heavy horns. The mutations must be considered blind, they work, are thrown forth, without any contact of interest with their environment. In depressive states, the mind may be seen in the image of such an antler, in all its fantastic splendour pinning its bearer to the ground."

So perhaps the answer to our prayers, short of extinction, would be mass lobotomization.

I in fact willfully engage in a related therapy:

"The surgery consisted of drilling two holes in the patient's head and then injecting pure ethyl alcohol into the prefrontal cortex."
From
http://global.britannica.com/topic/lobotomy
Someone weaker than you should beat you and brag
And take you for a drag

AMRadioWaveMessage

Yeah, maybe an increase in prefrontal cortex, and a decrease in most other brain regions. To form civilization, men needed to band and work together, to survive. The ability to work well in groups resulted in a larger brain. The problem is that most people are no longer facing any real threats to overcome, so the brain of most people has been wasting away. The only good thing modern civilization has done for the brain, has been an increase in vitamins / nutrients.

To go to the best universities, to use your intelligence in the nerdiest of ways, is nothing to using your wits to survive in the wild.

Bloated Slutbag

Indeed. University education is often sold on the promise of ensuring that the recipient need never endure, save by the force if her own volition, the awesome discomforts of nature.
And take you for a drag

Jaakko V.

Quote from: Bloated Slutbag on March 08, 2016, 03:04:44 AM
There was a study published recently which suggested that the pussification of humanity can be traced directly to a proportional enlargement of the brain.

Very interesting! Would appreciate links/sources.

Bloated Slutbag

It's a bit of a stretch, I'll concede, but:

http://journals.plos.org/plosbiology/article?id=10.1371/journal.pbio.1001871

"it is plausible that human brain and muscle were evolving in a reciprocal manner to adjust to the increasing energy demands of the growing brain and to adapt to new types of physical activities requiring greater endurance, both characteristic of modern humans"

A bit more readable, whereby the second article acknowledges, but does not explicitly refute, the "decidedly unpolitically correct" speculations of the first:

http://www.economist.com/news/science-and-technology/21602988-human-beings-are-brainy-weaklings-muscled-out
http://spartanideas.msu.edu/2014/05/29/is-the-evolution-of-strength-and-intelligence-a-zero-sum-game
And take you for a drag

Bleak Existence

problem is that there way too many fucking people on earth crowding lead to stress and agression hell on earth

AMRadioWaveMessage

Yeah, it is a bit of a stretch, indeed:

Neanderthals had a higher EQ (encephelization quotient: relation to the size of the brain to body mass to determine intelligence) than human beings currently do, who in like manner, have the highest amongst all animals and are thought to be the most intelligent species to inhabit the earth currently.
Neanderthals, however, were much more physically astute than modern humans, and much stronger.

On another note, I'd expect too much mass (whether by muscularity or by fat storage) to cause more blood to go to the body, than to thee brain, possibly hampering intelligence, but this is forgetting that the sex hormone testosterone existing at high levels is not dependent upon a large body mass to sustain it.
I.e. Skinny fucks can have incredibly high testosterone, and often do.

Bloated Slutbag

Well the study doesn't look exclusively at static values but at the very long-term evolution of the brain (in relation to muscle), so who knows how that of neanderthals would have evolved over the same period. Perhaps the proportional change would have been similar: "even more brainy neanderthal weaklings". That's going to be my new project name.

edit
...perhaps neanderthals were just so damn smart, or "overevolved", that they conceived a way out of "Zapffe's paradox" and found the means to voluntarily do the honorable thing.

If they could do it, so can we. Cheer up! There may well be hope for us after all.
And take you for a drag

AMRadioWaveMessage

Well, the brain has been shrinking since the days of Agriculture. Basically, the easier life gets, the dumber we get. And Neanderthals did become weaklings: modern-day Humans.
The only reason Neanderthals became weak, was that they mixed with other Homo species, and their population grew too big to where it became a burden, modern-day civilization.

It doesn't feel right to slam Testosterone, and musculature, just because our world is becoming more and more feminine. I think the species is on decline, and I'm looking forward to it/not against it, because the species will split soon and mutate and separate, the men from the boys, so to speak.

Jaakko V.

Slightly offtopic, but quite impressive considering the harsh conditions of Northern Finland. A young woman living off-the-grid in the wilderness.

http://www.briceportolano.com/arctic-love/

burdizzo

Wow! Good article - one of the few I've actually read completely on the computer screen. Thanks for putting that up.