DARK AMBIENT

Started by bogskaggmannen, March 29, 2010, 10:53:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Voûte

Nobody's mention Cyclic Law? I think Frederic releasing the best quality Dark Ambient albums actually, keeping high standard since his first release.

kettu

I read the tenhornedbeast interview in the most recent mag. good interview so I borrowed material from the web. I guess it was ok considering how softly it was made. I dont want to bash it too badly but it doesnt stand a chance next to Reverorum ib Malacht which tackled a similar sound but a few years ago. drums,drones,male choral vox.

http://metal-archives.com/release.php?id=89861 ive seen it online and should be available still from the label. ive street teamed for this band almost too much but there doesnt seem to be a lot of intrest for it. listen to these bands back to back or atleast suck "What Do You Think of the Old God, We Call Him Judas?" from the web. two thumbs up!!

dAS

Quote from: Zeno Marx on July 08, 2010, 09:52:41 AM
Being a great lover and supporter of Voice of Eye, I find their decision to "re-release" Transmigration as MP3s to be a really poor one.  An all-time classic deserves the full treatment.  So much lost.  Too much lost.

well they sure have released quite a bit since coming out of retirement.
including some with nux vomika;
http://www.auricular.com/releases.shtml

Zeno Marx

Svarte Greiner - Twin 2011 - impressive ambient album with a strong, low-rumbling, organic texture and overall organic feel - deep, constant sound with a quasi-strings feel over the top of the mix, but they don't sound like strings; more like the tonality of something string-oriented; many of the sounds might be something of this order - strong feel - one track - 46 minutes.
"the overindulgent machines were their children"
I only buy vinyl, d00ds.

xdementia

Aural Hypnox - all
Anapthergal
Funerary Call
Bloodbox
Stratvm Terror
Cowards
Sky Burial
Chaos As Shelter
Niellerade Fallibilisthorstar

terrified

in the 90's i used to listen to a lot of this stuff, maybe because of my friendship with Mauro of Eibon Records... he introduced me to a lot of great music in those years: non only the usual LUSTMORD but also INADE, EN NIHIL, ORPHX, COMA VIRUS, some CAUL and AMON/NEVER KNOWN... and generally speaking i think his catalog still rules.

Human Larvae

One album I still enjoy playing since purchasing it 2005 is "Letum - Entrance to Salvation". While not very original, I still love it for it's warm sound. Don't see this name being mentioned at all. Any comments on it?

A.R.GH

Quote from: Voûte on July 10, 2010, 08:00:39 AM
Nobody's mention Cyclic Law? I think Frederic releasing the best quality Dark Ambient albums actually, keeping high standard since his first release.
yeah, Northaunt, Svartsinn, great projects

m.

Bardoseneticcube: Necklace and The Other Heaven are two good cds worth checking out

Heid : Pilgrim of the sublunary world. Cold Meat Industry. Pre-Survival Unit? this one is good too. Who can tell me about their previous cd on Malignant?

A.R.GH

for anyone interested:
-ÚDEN - selftitled

PRO CDr - jewel case, 4 pages booklet.
Ninth Meridian Records
From the label: 9MR - 011 ÚDEN's self titled masterpiece! Fantastically dreamlike Dark Ambient from Chile. Classic sounding, enthralling and addictive. Per the norm this pressing is limited to 100 units.

Tracklist:

1.The Joseph Curwen Portrait   
2.Urban Paranoia   
3.The R'lyeh Sleep   
4.Faith Crisis   
5.Among The Grey

Samples: http://uden.bandcamp.com/

$14 USD ppd worldwide.

Zeno Marx

anyone heard this album:
ELIANE RADIGUE | PAULINE OLIVEROS | YOSHI WADA | SUN CIRCLE 2LP

How is it?  As good as it looks?  And then, how does it look?  Good quality cover?  Not pressed at GZ?
"the overindulgent machines were their children"
I only buy vinyl, d00ds.

HoleInTheHead

Quote from: P-K on July 07, 2010, 11:18:32 PM

a 2xcd hammer of deep occult ritual....

what artist/album is this?

post-morten

Quote from: m. on March 14, 2011, 07:25:01 PM
Heid : Pilgrim of the sublunary world. Cold Meat Industry. Pre-Survival Unit? this one is good too. Who can tell me about their previous cd on Malignant?

Pre-Survival Unit yes.

If I'm not mistaken the CMI CD collects the tracks from the Malignant CD (Arktogäa) and the first CD-R on Bastet. I have all of them but can't be bothered to play them back to back to compare right now. What I do remember is that CMI putting out Pilgrim led to a minor beef with Malignant, since it basically killed the market for Arktogäa. Jason was pretty much giving away copies for free since he couldn't sell them anymore.

m.

Quote from: post-morten on March 23, 2011, 12:09:38 AM
Quote from: m. on March 14, 2011, 07:25:01 PM

Pre-Survival Unit yes.

If I'm not mistaken the CMI CD collects the tracks from the Malignant CD (Arktogäa) and the first CD-R on Bastet. I have all of them but can't be bothered to play them back to back to compare right now. What I do remember is that CMI putting out Pilgrim led to a minor beef with Malignant, since it basically killed the market for Arktogäa. Jason was pretty much giving away copies for free since he couldn't sell them anymore.

thanks, i knew nothing about this story.
another recommended malignant cd i was playing in the past days is Eidvlon - Idolatrie