DARK AMBIENT

Started by bogskaggmannen, March 29, 2010, 10:53:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

post-morten

Quote from: jesusfaggotchrist on May 17, 2013, 07:45:54 PM
since it wasnt answered in the other thread, ill try here. of coph nia, all i have is the dark illuminati and that which remains. what else should i look for? the creepier the better.

I think you have the best ones, but Shape Shifter has a couple of great covers of the Leather Nun and Bauhaus songs.

jesusfaggotchrist

what's everyone's opinion on Atrium Carceri?

Keretja

Quote from: jesusfaggotchrist on May 21, 2013, 04:42:55 AM
Atrium Carceri got me into dark ambient and I initially thought it was brilliant but now that I listen to his stuff after a few years I'm not so much impressed.

On the other hand, No Lights In Our Eyes by Beyond Sensory Experience has proven to be excellent again and again, this album would definitely be in a top 50 list (if I had one!). I think it's criminally underrated as well, very much worth a try.

jesusfaggotchrist

more on the Industrial/Experimental side but Runes Order really strikes me as something special. as if Throbbing Gristle got ahold of Tangerine Dream's equipment and made a dark ambient record sans vocals. got the first two, Electronic Winter Landscape and Winter. both are excellent works.

jesusfaggotchrist

I came across this by accident, really disturbing stuff, almost as if Gnaw Their Tongues went total dark ambient

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ptGR4NscGsY

jesusfaggotchrist

anyone know if Hexentanz has more than one release out or are they putting out anything new?

Ashmonger

Hexentanz only has the Nekrocrafte and the The Sabbat Comes Softly 7" and then some compilation appearances. Don't think they'll still release anything new...
Should relisten their stuff, absolutely great!

Levas

Aural Hypnox has been reborn in september. And new Halo Manasho album is out now. I've listened to the digital version of it and was not disappointed. Material is a little different from what I remember them to be, but check this out if you are into it.

http://www.auralhypnox.com/

Zeno Marx

Quote from: Levas on November 20, 2013, 10:27:02 AM
Aural Hypnox has been reborn in september. And new Halo Manasho album is out now. I've listened to the digital version of it and was not disappointed. Material is a little different from what I remember them to be, but check this out if you are into it.
Looking forward to it.  Was a little confused with "CD + C-40" and then realized it wasn't a set but available in two different formats.  The I.corax releases are a welcomed sight.
"the overindulgent machines were their children"
I only buy vinyl, d00ds.

African Audio

I have tried getting into some Dark Ambient projects but I'm disappointed most of the time. I feel the darkness is forced as in contemporary commercial goth or indus bands, the sound lazy, minor drone with samples going in and out... I don't mind playing it in the background while I'm doing reading for instance, but I don't take it very seriouslt to be honest.

Sorry if this has been mentioned, but to me the ultimate Dark AND Ambient release would have to be

Les Joyaux De La Princesse - Aux Petits Enfants De France - LJDLP - 1989

Dark drones with very interesting gritty textures far in the background, bleak spoken words from the Vichy state during France's occupation by the German army. It provides me with a rich palette of emotions, all darkened.

Player One

"TeHÔM, the croatian legendary dark ambient ritual force, comes back after 13 years with it's 3rd record. The Project has recorded two previous albums for Death in June's respectable NER sublabel Twilight Command in the second part of 90's comes now with it's fresh deep & slowly marching ritual dark ambient soundscapes.

The new TeHÔM album "Lacrimae Mundi" with 9 new tracks is finaly completed and will be released on a 6-panel digipack CD in early 2014 on the Canadian label Cyclic Law. Dehn Sora (Treha Sektori) from Paris is doing the graphic artwork and design of album. More info with links to audio excerpts will be available soon as well as a promo video. Hopefully 2014 will also see TeHÔM doing live shows and presenting the project around Europe.
Special thanks to Frédéric Arbour. TeHÔM is a proud and honoured to become a member of Cyclic Law family. You can find their official website at www.cycliclaw.com.
www.tehom.org | www.facebook.com/tehom.croatia ] Siniša (R.I.P.'97)

pentd

trippin on clew of theseus tape+cd today..... without goin too deep into hair-splitting bout insignificancies such as what color toilet paper is used for the wrappings or such: its a dark &long & spiritual sound! unfortunately cant say the same bout arktau eos lp which i couldnt finish... maybe some other time.

i wonder if harry bertoia's music counts as dark ambient..... its not really "happy" either, and it has loong vibrations and pulses.  it hasnt got any hobbitt connection either. still i find it spiritual, too! recommended!

jesusfaggotchrist

what's everyone's take on A Murder Of Angels.

anomalie

Quote from: jesusfaggotchrist on May 21, 2013, 04:42:55 AM

The worst example for Dark Ambient imo.

Andrew McIntosh

Quote from: pentd on January 06, 2014, 03:31:45 AM
i wonder if harry bertoia's music counts as dark ambient..... its not really "happy" either, and it has loong vibrations and pulses.  it hasnt got any hobbitt connection either. still i find it spiritual, too! recommended!

Important Records are going to re-release his material next year in a box set (not sure what format). Good old Ubuweb has had Bertoia's material available online as mp3 for a couple of years but I've got to confess I'm getting this thing when it comes out even if it is only on vinyl. The promo video is exciting enough.
Shikata ga nai.