DARK AMBIENT

Started by bogskaggmannen, March 29, 2010, 10:53:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jesusfaggotchrist

is Bad Sector worth checking out?

Tenebracid

Quote from: jesusfaggotchrist on December 21, 2012, 06:27:06 PM

i'd say it's mandatory. also interesting is his side-project Olhon, based purely on field recordings.

jesusfaggotchrist

Quote from: Tenebracid on December 25, 2012, 01:26:57 AM
Quote from: jesusfaggotchrist on December 21, 2012, 06:27:06 PM

i'd say it's mandatory. also interesting is his side-project Olhon, based purely on field recordings.

Any of his works in particular?

P-K

Bad Sector essentials : Ampos & Polonoid for me .......

Zeno Marx

He was on a roll there at the beginning.  I haven't heard anything after The Harrow, and as far as I'm concerned, you really couldn't go wrong with any of his releases up to that point.  My favorites are Ampos, Plasma (using Stephen P. McGreevy's ELF/VLF magnetosphere recordings), and The Harrow.  Dolmen Factory and Polonoid are also pretty great.  I don't think his collaborations are as good as his solo work, though.  That's nothing unusual, and it is again the case with Bad Sector.
"the overindulgent machines were their children"
I only buy vinyl, d00ds.

m.

Genitor Lvminis ‎– Deam Adessa (State Art) 10"
Skalp ‎– Registratur / Ambivalenz (Tesco) 10"

both very good, both very cheap on discogs

sterilization

i would say that Lussuria falls under this category. definitely worth a listen for you guys that have not heard any or that frown on everything hospital related. it's really good stuff.

i recommend Ghost Entanglement, American Babylon, and the split with STROMA

fin de siècle

Quote from: m. on January 19, 2013, 04:30:41 PM
Genitor Lvminis ‎– Deam Adessa (State Art) 10"

Very good project, which disappeared into nowhere after only 3 short releases ... This 10" is their best, however, Virgae MCD is still awesome as well as their first Demo. Genitor Lvminis is highly recommended for anyone into Turbund Sturmwerk, Arditi.

Player One

New videos for tracks "The Shadow Integration", "The Eight Sky", "Hybris" from 2nd TeHôM CD album "Theriomorphic Spirits" released 2000.
for Twilight Command Records, a sublabel of well known New European Recordings - NER (Death in June record label).
+ + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + +

www.tehom.org | www.facebook.com/tehom.croatia

"The Shadow Integration"

"The Eight Sky"

"Hybris"

1st TeHôM interview after long silence of project..
@ nice designed dark atmospheric electronic music "Wounds Of The Earth" Zine - Issue 01
with lots of interesting stuff inside.. interviews, reviews, announcements,.. click on photo!

Gorgoroth

Quote from: Zeno Marx on December 25, 2012, 10:35:47 PM
He was on a roll there at the beginning.  I haven't heard anything after The Harrow, and as far as I'm concerned, you really couldn't go wrong with any of his releases up to that point.  My favorites are Ampos, Plasma (using Stephen P. McGreevy's ELF/VLF magnetosphere recordings), and The Harrow.  Dolmen Factory and Polonoid are also pretty great.  I don't think his collaborations are as good as his solo work, though.  That's nothing unusual, and it is again the case with Bad Sector.

The best album of BS, as for me, is Kosmodrom

jesusfaggotchrist

since it wasnt answered in the other thread, ill try here. of coph nia, all i have is the dark illuminati and that which remains. what else should i look for? the creepier the better.

THE RITA HN

Recent article on Harlow MacFarlane (SISTRENATUS, FUNERARY CALL) in the local Entertainment newspaper:

http://www.straight.com/music/379646/harlow-macfarlane-drawn-toward-dark-side

Dr Alex

Quote from: Gorgoroth on February 05, 2013, 08:51:09 PM
Quote from: Zeno Marx on December 25, 2012, 10:35:47 PM

The best album of BS, as for me, is Kosmodrom

True! Kosmodrom is really amazing record but I like most of his recordings. One of the best dark ambient artists today.
Some of my fave dark ambient projects: Yen Pox, R|A|A|N, Raison D'être, Bad Sector, Blood Box, Northaunt, Svartsinn, False Mirror, Caul...

Alphabet

MZ.412, Nekrasov and etc.
Something of noise ambient more i like

secondplanet

I've been enjoying the Haxan Cloak's latest release, "Excavation". It's a very polished smooth sounding sort of album but has incredibly hard hitting bass in it.