Kristian Olsson artwork sale

Started by ghoulson, October 10, 2012, 11:43:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ghoulson

Some of my artworks for sale. More will be added soon. Cleaning out my archives....

http://ghoulson.wordpress.com/

bitewerksMTB

Damn, I sell art way too cheap. $30 for custom art AND a record. Guess I'll have to jack those prices up!

ghoulson

I think you should. Most people I've talked to say its way too low prices, but I suppose that in "art" scene. I have always found it hard to see monetary value in industrial artworks, I often give them away to friends and contacts. It's the first time I've had a sale outside my exhibitions, these are the prices I chose. Based on amount of time and hard work laid down into the pieces + personal liking. Selling in order to raise funds for a vinyl release I'm doing. I wish I had more time to do art on regular basis but my schedule is so fucking tight these days....

The "Ghoulson" book on Autarkeia has been ready for almost a year, but printing is taking forever. It should be out before end of 2012.

bitewerksMTB

I give away alot of my work too or trade a piece for a record. I've never attached a high price to a piece of art b/c I figure no one will pay it.I tend to do art only for a release so I don't have a bunch of stuff just sitting around.

ghoulson

Makes sense. I have always found xeroxed visuals to be the cheapest & most effective way to spread artworks.
Would be nice to see a zine or something with your more recent works.

bitewerksMTB

That's cool that they're selling. Just out of curiosity, how do you decide on price from one collage to the next?

ghoulson

Size of artwork / raw materials used (if its taken from original magazines, photos, books etc or just xeroxes) / amount of time & energy it has taken / personal liking... the most difficult thing to do is put a price on such work.

online prowler

Quote from: ghoulson on October 10, 2012, 11:43:35 AM
Some of my artworks for sale. More will be added soon. Cleaning out my archives....

http://ghoulson.wordpress.com/

Props. Can dig the works. Dirt cheap also. Sadly I am broke for the moment, but will follow your development further. Keep it up.