Wanted: The Shadow Ring

Started by Matthias, October 06, 2012, 02:02:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Matthias

City Lights LP (Dry Leaf Discs)
Put The Music In It's Coffin LP (Siltbreeze)
Lindus LP (Swill Radio)

ghoulson

I love this band... heard something about a discography 2LP coming out any day now.

Steve

That might be a good place to start. I used to see their stuff about but passed it by - for some reason I thought they were something to do with UK band Splintered (4th Dimension), and I went off them pretty quickly. Now they are a name that keeps cropping up as essential.
The name is pretty awful though!

Matthias

Quote from: ghoulson on October 07, 2012, 11:03:47 PM
I love this band... heard something about a discography 2LP coming out any day now.

Remains Unchanged 2xLP is out now on Kye, unreleased stuff etc: http://kyerecords.blogspot.com

ddmurph

Quote from: Steve on October 07, 2012, 11:11:04 PM
The name is pretty awful though!

i think the name is amazing! for anyone who doesn't know, the name refers to the rings left inside an unwashed tea cup. fits perfectly with the fixation on mundanity, quintessential englishness that's a big part of their aesthetic to my mind.

Quote from: Matthias on October 06, 2012, 02:02:55 PM
City Lights LP (Dry Leaf Discs)
Put The Music In It's Coffin LP (Siltbreeze)
Lindus LP (Swill Radio)
I'm Some Songs LP (Swill Radio)

hope you track down lindus and i'm some songs ... they're easily two of my all-time favourite records (and the lighthouse 2xlp ... that swill radio trilogy is a pretty mindblowing run of records). i'm missing city lights and put the music in its coffin also, would love to see them reissued.

by the way, there's a great piece by graham lambkin covering the early years of the shadow ring over at volcanic tongue ... http://www.volcanictongue.com/columns/show/19 ... don't want to derail the thread but all of graham lambkin's post-shadow ring work is amazing also, particularly the jason lescalleet collabs

Matthias

Already got Lighthouse, fantastic album. Just found I'm Some Songs so that one is on the way now (Art Into Life in Japan seems to have copies left if anyone is looking)! Can't believe I sleeped on this band for so long.

Matthias

When im at it, looking for the first Call Back The Giants LP as well...