Listening habits

Started by hsv, July 29, 2012, 02:29:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KillToForget

I mostly listen at work. Either in headphones or through a speaker in my corner of the shop. I listen to tapes/ records at home when reading, researching or chilling

skyloop

Quote from: KillToForget on March 16, 2021, 05:04:10 AM
I mostly listen at work. Either in headphones or through a speaker in my corner of the shop. I listen to tapes/ records at home when reading, researching or chilling

I do the same, from researching to chilling I can do it all even when listening to noise. It feels best for me to put it on right after I drank my kratom though as it settles in my system, I can really appreciate the formless nature of things more fully then. I have all my rips on my PC my sound system is always connected to, would be cool if I could get a nice record player wired up tp it I haven't had one in years and it's always a bit different of any experience listening to records above anything else. That would be a real money sink for me right now though. But with the stim checks on the way here I might just actually try to get some pedals and try my hand at some noise myself.

MateriaPrima

I listen in the car with CD's, usually it's PE or industrial, dark ambient or ritual pieces, black metal, sometimes noise. Eventually I might switch to an mp3 player if the CD player stops working or I have to find another car and I can't find one with a CD player. But I prefer a physical release. At home I will listen to vinyl, cassette or CD, sitting on the couch actively listening and looking at the artwork and reading the notes when I have the time. Rarely around Halloween at night with the lights off I have set up candles and incense and created a whole atmosphere for listening to dark ambient or ritual works with dead branches and other things to create flickering shadows. When I do my art I will listen to more ritual/ambient works from my computer, never PE or noise, doesn't work well with that, though sometimes Rudolf Eb.er's more recent works have been interesting in that context, especially all the flies.

skyloop

If I was able to drive I would be one of those people that would just drive and go somewhere just to listen to some music in a different context while I'm out than sitting here doing stuff on my computer or whatever in my room. I can feel thing entirely different in different locations with different space properties. I like to watch things like sound checks and all kinds of videos of live music because depending on the context of the source and location of the person recording it will be an entirely different view on it. I've had times where I wasn't really into something until I discovered or remembered a new context in which to enjoy it after the fact.

n a a r a

At home I listen to tapes or bandcamp albums in very quiet volume before going to bed, usually stretching at the same time/reading/sipping tea/beer/petting the cat. At my partners place we often listen to something noisy when we are in the kitchen. Hello from your local woolly socks noise guy!

V.T.R

At home it is cd, tapes or vinyl most time of the day. Via headphones if the lady are working. Spotify and bandcamp when going for a walk or checking out new stuff. And then again cd with headphones when going to sleep. No special rituals or anything because I listen to music most of my waking time. Only places I don't listen to something is when taking a hike in the forest. And our cabin is another place I usually enjoy the total silence when I am there alone. Even thought there are change to listen anything you like as loud as you want, but that usually happens only when I am having a drinks with friend(s).