Dead Body Love

Started by Peterson, July 12, 2012, 10:24:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PedestrianOrgans

I have literally avoided even looking up anything about this project before today, because every time I check out a hyped-up HN project I end up like the guy who came late to the party and the booze is all gone haha and lo and behold...

I want to hear "Tumours" so BADLY now AGH WHY

I think we are unanimously agreed a "Box Is Stupid"/"Case Studies" box would get absolutely hoovered by the folks on here.

THE RITA HN

I mention some of this list recently in an interview, but i think it's important to mention in this thread the other Italian projects' releases that are highly representative of the DBL technique if you're having trouble sourcing original DBL releases, but can find these masterworks:
IUGULA-THOR - Opera
MAUTHAUSEN ORCHESTRA - 2nd Movement
BRUNO COSSANO - Live in Paris
BRUNO COSSANO - Saffo's Pleasures

PedestrianOrgans

Does anybody have files of Tumours or Puke On My Corpse? Please? Sorry I'm a grub, can't even finish a decent ranking list anymore...

P.S. Nechronology looks like a badly planned box set, but that Retrocuts CDr is the worst collection of tracks exclusively from his weakest tapes in my opinion.

terminus01

does anyone have a copy of 'unplugged,' the DBL tape on deadline?

https://www.discogs.com/Dead-Body-Love-Unplugged/release/618696

i have a copy of the reissue version, but the dub was of such a low quality that i re-mastered the tape myself to hear it more properly. it was enough for me to discern that the tape is one of his better works, alongside 'tumours,' 'emetic,' 'erase the body,' the a-side of 'crossfire' and several others ...

PedestrianOrgans

Tracked down a copy of Arabia Terra, super pleased about it as it's definitely  in line with the quality of the classic 90s tapes.

Oleoresin Capsicum makes me laugh every time, that logo looks like a deli or some mom-n-pop restaurant hahaha.

PedestrianOrgans

Ok I really should've made that connection

Bloated Slutbag

Quote from: PedestrianOrgans on April 25, 2018, 08:36:09 PM
that Retrocuts CDr is the worst collection of tracks exclusively from his weakest tapes in my opinion.

Hold on a sec. Retrocuts has two cuts from what remains to this day one of my all-time faves: Horrors Of The Human Body, including the lengthy opening track- which for me is a kind of study in perfecting the idea of "suffocating" electronics. Plus- and I'll need to refer back at some point to the original tape as its been a while- but I'm pretty sure I thought Stand In Blood, two cuts from which are featured, was also a pretty ace DBL offering. Which leads me to ask- is it the original cassettes that are so despised, or is the criticism based on the digital Retrocuts reissue- which I haven't heard but of whose quality I am quite skeptical. I once came across a rip of HOTHB and it was simply... a horrifically poor facscimile, imnsho.
Someone weaker than you should beat you and brag
And take you for a drag

PedestrianOrgans

"Horrors of the Human Body" is definitely solid noise, I just think it's not HIS best. I suppose it's a question of relativity, because you're right pretty much everything DBL is worth listening to immediately. I just think there's a lot missing from that particular compilation that could've been there, and my personal LEAST favorites were included, so.

However, I don't own an original of "Stand In Blood", so I'll admit my initial sentiments on it might be because of shit-quality rips.

DSOL

Maximum Dose is my personal favorite
"I do not get bored of nude ladies nor good Japanese noise"

PedestrianOrgans

I'm all about Repugnance

FallOfNature

FreakAnimalFinland

DEAD BODY LOVE "Emetic" tape.
Labyrinth rec tape, 150 made back in 1996. Crunchy and loud noise ripper, never reissued. I have no recollection when I bought this, but it has again the Artware price stickers, so bought from Germany probably decade ago or more. Tape labels were still sealed, fuck.. Well. Perhaps my appreciation for strength of DBL is even bigger now that it was years ago. Totally excellent.

I don't think I could appreciate DBL to the degree it should be, back in mid 90's. It was always good, but I did not hear the usual and personal qualities of the noise back then. Now, compositional aspects, and most of all, texture and the details of saturation is one of those things one can't be 100% sure how it has been made. Emetic sounds like DBL usually does: Live noise. No overdubs, no editing. That's what I think. Most likely recorded on tape deck, but could be also analogue 4-tracker. Not much traces that multi-tracking would be used. It sounds more as if he would play all the sounds at once, in a way that they melt neatly together.

I would certainly like to see more DBL best titles to be reissued on CD, and perhaps also enough copies pressed that they would not run out instantly.
E-mail: fanimal +a+ cfprod,com
MAGAZINE: http://www.special-interests.net
LABEL / DISTRIBUTION: FREAK ANIMAL http://www.nhfastore.net

Volcano Queen

It's a very good time to revisit this project as a ton of reissues are finally happening, and all at the same time (New Wall Order?).

Here's a recap of everything that has happened in the past year, but mostly in the past two months:

- "Tumors" (reissued July 2022, CD, Input-Error)
- "Emetic" (reissued April 2023, LP, Phage Tapes)
- "Destruction's Geometry" (reissued May 2023, CD, Phage Tapes)
- "Prayers for the Sick" (reissued May 2023, CD, Tribe Tapes)
- "Stand in Blood" (TBA, announced via Instagram story in May 2023, CD, Input-Error)
- "Disasterland" (TBA, planned reissue confirmed by Crucial Blast via Discogs comment in May 2023, unknown format)

Fistfuck Masonanie

Quote from: Volcano Queen on May 25, 2023, 04:20:41 AMIt's a very good time to revisit this project as a ton of reissues are finally happening, and all at the same time (New Wall Order?).

Here's a recap of everything that has happened in the past year, but mostly in the past two months:

- "Stand in Blood" (TBA, announced via Instagram story in May 2023, CD, Input-Error)
- "Disasterland" (TBA, planned reissue confirmed by Crucial Blast via Discogs comment in May 2023, unknown format)

These were a couple of others that came out and are unfortunately already out of print again:
- "Bacteria 2" (reissued 2021, Deadline Recordings/Room 2A)
- "Unplugged" (reissued 2021, Deadline Recordings/Room 2A)

Also, there is another title that Input Error is reissuing at the same time as Stand in Blood, but he posted it quickly and I can't recall what it is. Should be out soon. Exciting times to have all of these amazing reissues.

blowfish

Quote from: Volcano Queen on May 25, 2023, 04:20:41 AM
It's a very good time to revisit this project as a ton of reissues are finally happening, and all at the same time (New Wall Order?).

We're reissuing both 'Stand In Blood' and 'Horrors of The Human Body' on CD. Should both be out mid/end of June.