25.8.2012 Vantaa: Bizarre Uproar/SSRI/KSNK/Eleczema/A.B.N.T.R.

Started by Niko, July 05, 2012, 12:49:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Niko

25.8.2012 Vantaa, Hakkila, Obscurex-kontti

BIZARRE UPROAR(20-vuotis juhlakeikka)
SSRI
KSNK
ELECZEMA
A.B.N.T.R.

Sijainti: Hakintien päässä sijaitseva varasto ja konttikompleksi.
Vapaaehtoinen sisäänpääsymaksu.
Paikalle kannattaa tulla klo 20, soitto alkaa todennäköisesti noin klo: 20.15

Paikalle ja pois pääsee helposti autolla tai rautatientorilta bussilla nro: 734. Bussipysäkiltä kävelymatkaa keikkapaikalle n. 400 metriä.

Ajo-ohjeet:
Käänny Tikkurilantieltä Hakintielle, aja/kävele noin 100 metriä kunnes tie jakaantuu kahteen osaan, jatka vasemman puoleista tietä tasoristeyksen(kuva: http://g.co/maps/9h43v) yli noin 300 metriä kunnes tulet metsäaukion läpi romuttamon näköiselle konttialueelle.
Soita: 0449101699 jos et meinaa löytää paikalle.

www.obscurex.org Noise, Power Electronics, Industrial & Experimental Label.

Niko

Quote from: online prowler on July 05, 2012, 01:00:03 AM
Venue and place?

Private location in Vantaa, details closer to the gig. If you or some other foreigner is interested in attending send PM and I will send you instructions in English.

online prowler

Private show? Nice one. Could def be interesting, I'll keep it mind. Maybe I'll drag the Cadre along as well. Props for initiative!

Niko

Vika esiintyjä varmistui eli A.B.N.T.R tulee vetämään debyyttikeikkansa 25.8!

wotzenknecht

Love the photos - now THAT's an obscurex gig place. Note that I may come.

Niko

Niko

kettu

I had a qay old time.
the best ssri set ive seen thus far.

FreakAnimalFinland

A.B.N.T.R. started. Very much Bizarre Uproar influenced feel overall. Delay scrams, metal bucket type of thing filled with chains or something and very BU type handling. Electronics were more free-form, giving some own feel to it. Back-to-the-audience type performance is getting slightly old for me. It's not like I'm too fond looking anyone faces, but neither back & ass shows, hehe.. Quite new project which has potential to be much more, I think!

Best SSRI set indeed! Pekka was playing lights on, face to the audience, with all his gear on table to be clearly seen what he is doing. I chose to listen set on the doorway - outside. It was just couple meters anyway, but without earplugs you could appreciate the rough and barbaric sound quality. Extremely broken/dirty/uncool sounds, and playful moves from slide-guitar gutter-improv moments to radio noises, electronics and noise. Often drastic dynamic variation.

Eleczema in his soundcheck sounded like this will be his absolutely best show. I guess vocals were turned up, and having synth & vocals in same amplifier, the vocal feedback basically swallowed synth entirely. However, there was plenty of metal junk, feedback, and general activity, which made this gig perhaps to be the 2nd best of his. Still unbeatable Mellunmäki gig in memories...

KSNK was possibly the best band of the night?! Sound was perfect mix of simple synthesizer modulation and filtering and his trademark "iron whip". Not so much to see here. Full lights on, making the noise, but it was great. Having angle of harsh noise and kind of droning "PE" feel once in a while.

I guess many expected Bizarre Uproar to celebrate 20 years anniversary with somehow special show, but it was normal show with only addition of 2 extra members for couple last minutes - like in the first BU live show that happened in Factory venue several years ago. Bass amp rumbling and slowly flowing set, with slowly echoing screamed vocals. Best moments in first TK cover song, when pronounciation of lyrics was almost like explaining it to drunkards. ÄÄÄRRHHHGH!! PAS-KA    HAI-SEE!!!    KE-VÄT    ON    TUL-LUT    TOR-NI-OOOOOON!

I guess 30 something people all in all? Tried to count at some point but at that point there was never all people in one place. Place is very nice. Small, relatively hard to get to, yet underlines the nature of the genre. And especially good to notice the presence of slightly younger folks - including the bands and organizers! Lets hope Obscurex will keep putting more shows. And perhaps one day again something happening in Pori?
E-mail: fanimal +a+ cfprod,com
MAGAZINE: http://www.special-interests.net
LABEL / DISTRIBUTION: FREAK ANIMAL http://www.nhfastore.net

Niko

Good gig, thanks everyone!
More gigs to come at some point.

FreakAnimalFinland

My live recordings delivered to all bands. If someone didn't get the files, contact me...
E-mail: fanimal +a+ cfprod,com
MAGAZINE: http://www.special-interests.net
LABEL / DISTRIBUTION: FREAK ANIMAL http://www.nhfastore.net