Redacted, moderator please remove

Started by Peterson, July 03, 2012, 11:03:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Peterson

Redacted, moderator please remove

HongKongGoolagong

OK thanks I will check it out.

Only serial killer I ever wrote to was Peter Sutcliffe (Coonan) to arrange his permission for cover artwork for the Ceramic Hobs 2004 album 'Shergar is Home Safe and Well'. He was pretty reasonable and easy to deal with, more so than some other artists I've dealt with! Described our music as 'weird and wonderful'.

I can claim little input into S&Q, I am just there to help out, it's Milovan's baby. We were sat last weekend together in a bar in Halifax, West Yorkshire, just round the corner from a Ripper pub. I got a light from a guy who had ENGLAND tattooed on the back of his head. Smell & Quim play two shows in Paris August 2nd and 3rd...venues TBC.

EDIT: those Paris shows aren't happening now.

Brain injuries and 'neurological events' are certainly interesting and close to home.

HongKongGoolagong

With regard to writing to serial killers. I know Milovan knew from art college the guys from fairly obscure Dark Ambient band ENDURA who managed to get some lyrics for an album from Dennis Nilsen back in the 1990s. His art college connections from the end of the 70s were also with Jeff Nuttall, Marc Almond, Diz Willis, Kev Trundley and Dave Ball - they don't make further education like that any more.

http://monopolka.tumblr.com/post/24215380639/smell-quim-lavatory for latest S&Q - 'Lavatory' is I think the very best Smell & Quim recording to date, breathtaking multilayered insane noise with spirit world depth - Phil Monopolka, if you read this please send us some finished copies when you can! So great to be popular in Russia. Of course Russia is way ahead of Europe and North America in just about every sense. Along with China, Brazil and India. We're dying...too bad.