Interviews you'd like to see in SI?

Started by Nyodene D, December 10, 2009, 06:15:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

david lloyd jones

Quote from: Deadpriest on December 13, 2016, 06:20:37 PM
Quote from: david lloyd jones on December 08, 2016, 05:30:05 PM
did enjoy the power electronics film article in esoteric.

I read that too (plenty of good shit there to check out!!) I was surprised not to see any films by Kim Ki Duk make the list or Salo and The Killer Inside me.

granted but it was a subjective article which seemed also to place films within the dynamics of pe as opposed to the aesthetics.
the lists by individuals were likewise generally eclectic and shift split pe and industrial. what made the article interesting to me was the focus on day to day cruelty rather than serial killer mythology.
equally the cruelty is not always lethal in itself, just a slow grind.
one could see salo as grand guignol or even as atypical itallo exploitation of the time given it's relatively unique status.
if, in my drunken state, I remember kid as the director of the isle and bad guy, then they can be included and their ommission just local unawareness-as were several of the quoted films for me.

Deadpriest

Quote from: david lloyd jones on December 14, 2016, 05:55:49 PM
Quote from: Deadpriest on December 13, 2016, 06:20:37 PM
Quote from: david lloyd jones on December 08, 2016, 05:30:05 PM
did enjoy the power electronics film article in esoteric.

I read that too (plenty of good shit there to check out!!) I was surprised not to see any films by Kim Ki Duk make the list or Salo and The Killer Inside me.

granted but it was a subjective article which seemed also to place films within the dynamics of pe as opposed to the aesthetics.
the lists by individuals were likewise generally eclectic and shift split pe and industrial. what made the article interesting to me was the focus on day to day cruelty rather than serial killer mythology.
equally the cruelty is not always lethal in itself, just a slow grind.
one could see salo as grand guignol or even as atypical itallo exploitation of the time given it's relatively unique status.
if, in my drunken state, I remember kid as the director of the isle and bad guy, then they can be included and their ommission just local unawareness-as were several of the quoted films for me.

Yeah dude Bad Guy and The Isle are Duk.  His films are amazing.
My book of poetry: http://www.histergrant.com/

monotome

More interviews with labels are always good.

The interview with the guy running Autarkeia was one of the best.

MMMM

Lust Vessel (though I suppose it would have happened already if that crew had any interest in explaining themselves)
Everything As Dung... sickening aesthetic
Matther Bower... it boggles the mind that he remains a strictly cult figure whereas the likes of Bennett or Mundy can just shit out whatever and it attracts (relatively)wide attention
George Proctor
Darren Wyngarde
Matteo Castro
Lee Bartow

And I recently found online scans of Degenerate magazine and thought that the Prurient interview in #2 was very exhaustive. It would be nice to see a new interview with him conducted by someone deeply involved in the noise world as opposed to the more mainstream(and less imaginative when it comes to asking interesting questions) publications he's been mostly been getting interviewed by in recent years.

absurdexposition

Primitive Isolation Tactics
Scream & Writhe distro and Absurd Exposition label
Montreal, QC
https://www.screamandwrithe.com

david lloyd jones

Quote from: MMMM on January 25, 2017, 06:57:46 PM
Lust Vessel (though I suppose it would have happened already if that crew had any interest in explaining themselves)
Everything As Dung... sickening aesthetic
Matther Bower... it boggles the mind that he remains a strictly cult figure whereas the likes of Bennett or Mundy can just shit out whatever and it attracts (relatively)wide attention
George Proctor
Darren Wyngarde
Matteo Castro
Lee Bartow

And I recently found online scans of Degenerate magazine and thought that the Prurient interview in #2 was very exhaustive. It would be nice to see a new interview with him conducted by someone deeply involved in the noise world as opposed to the more mainstream(and less imaginative when it comes to asking interesting questions) publications he's been mostly been getting interviewed by in recent years.
bower and proctor, ESP the latter would have loads of stories.

PTM Jim

Quote from: absurdexposition on January 25, 2017, 08:46:23 PM
Pat / Self Abuse / Skin Crime / etc
I second this. Would be the most interesting.

New Forces

I approached him about one in New Forces and he said there is one almost completed so we didn't bother. Not sure when it will be out though.

Quote from: PTM Jim on February 02, 2017, 04:17:51 AM
Quote from: absurdexposition on January 25, 2017, 08:46:23 PM
Pat / Self Abuse / Skin Crime / etc
I second this. Would be the most interesting.
New Forces
https://newforces.bigcartel.com

Kjostad
Breaking The Will
Form Hunter
Cryocene

david lloyd jones

Russian scene-flagellation orgasms, for example.

Lazrs3

I'd like to see one with Steve Bagman about his Bagman or Stark projects. I really like both and would like to see something with him in. Sorry if he has been in any earlier issues I may have missed.

FreakAnimalFinland

This is the list of artists featured:
http://www.special-interests.net/forum/index.php?topic=2370.0

No Bagman or Stark yet.
SI#11 is basically almost done. Waits just the few ads and will be wrapped together in first weeks of September! Since the almost re-launch type of thing, SI will not be shying away from covering something that is covered already. It's getting close to decade, so even if there are NEW and uncovered artists, we may catch up with some of the early issues artists to see what changed since then...

Suggestions for interviews still very welcomed even if print issues have been embarressingly late...
E-mail: fanimal +a+ cfprod,com
MAGAZINE: http://www.special-interests.net
LABEL / DISTRIBUTION: FREAK ANIMAL http://www.nhfastore.net

MyrtleLake

Interview suggestion: Peter Edwards (Interracial Sex).

The only one I know of is in New Forces #8, and it completely changed my understanding of the project. So did, also, the press release he wrote for "Boy" on the New Forces label. His work is idiosyncratic and complex—at times contradictory—for covering well worn subject matter in Power Electronics. He is a unique voice.

One point of curiosity is how I've noticed when "lyrics" are included for a release, they seem to not match the recorded songs. While his recorded voice is extremely hard to understand, I still cannot rectify the written word with what I'm hearing on tape.

xerographia

Quote from: MyrtleLake on August 30, 2019, 05:56:55 PM
Interview suggestion: Peter Edwards (Interracial Sex).

The only one I know of is in New Forces #8, and it completely changed my understanding of the project. So did, also, the press release he wrote for "Boy" on the New Forces label. His work is idiosyncratic and complex—at times contradictory—for covering well worn subject matter in Power Electronics. He is a unique voice.

One point of curiosity is how I've noticed when "lyrics" are included for a release, they seem to not match the recorded songs. While his recorded voice is extremely hard to understand, I still cannot rectify the written word with what I'm hearing on tape.

I too have always wondered what the fuck is up with his lyrics. Every time I read them I think to myself: Oh yeah, this is just supposed to be some sort of text and/or maybe poetry that accompanies the recordings more so than actually being the lyrics for the tracks. But then other times, they occasionally do match up, and in pieces, and in very non linear fashion, and it always fucks my brain up.

Boy is still his best recording that I have heard, by far. I was told that the Aprefrica LP that was supposed to come out on a certain label that pretty much fell off would drop on a different label sometime in the near future, but who knows.

Anyways, yeah, throw Peter in the next issue!

Lazrs3

cr