Interviews you'd like to see in SI?

Started by Nyodene D, December 10, 2009, 06:15:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GEWALTMONOPOL

Quote from: emil beaulieau on December 13, 2009, 11:00:11 PM
agreed about SOK, I remember doing some shows with him in the UK and his sets were well developed and interesting - isnt Hospital supposed to put out an LP by him?

It's supposed to happen but exactly when seems to be in the wind.
Först när du blottar strupen ska du få nåd, ditt as...

emil beaulieau

yeah, sometimes things take way longer than they are supposed to - I remember hearing the demo, I thought it was excellent, next time I talk to Dom I'll have to ask him about it

BEST - Ron

Nyodene D

Clanq Quartet would be cool

P-K

a nice long detailed Club Moral feature....

Tommy Carlsson

Quote from: P-K on December 14, 2009, 11:50:32 PM
a nice long detailed Club Moral feature....
I was working on something like that a few years ago. My intention was to review/comment on all the items sold through Club Moral's STOCKLIST (SKL), including both Club Moral's own releases as well as soime distributed titles. But being a father of two left no time to go through with this project. I think I had in my possession around 2/3s of the complete SKL, and was actively trying to find the remaining items. Also, around the same time we were in touch with DDV regarding a possible retrospective CM release on Segerhuva, and he was completely uninterested, and quite arrogant. Maybe that made me lose some interest also. Still, I think the SKL represents a very interesting and highly creative part of the industrial history -- there are some absolute all-time classics in the list. For a magazine feature, a rundown of the SKL would make for great reading methinks.

As all (well, nearly all) of this is being made available (in a far inferior format, naturally) through Club Moral's blog, so basically it should be available to anyone who is interested in checking it out for themselves, so maybe a magazine feature would feel a bit... superfluous? But I definitely would like to see more written on the activities of DDV & AMVK, no shit.

P-K

i know....but maybe more 'stories', not just dry info....more focus on Club Moral venue/place & who passed by & stayed here in Antwerp......

does he's blog also feature the Force Mental zines?

had a good laugh with the WB spam about the White Power comp...."remove it, or i'll sew you"

another tip : Les Nouvelles Propagandes?

Tommy Carlsson

Force Mental is not included. Force Mental online seems just very.. very wrong. And yeah, there's another project for someone to work on...

GEWALTMONOPOL

I'm thinking in depth CM feature would be a project more suited for ALAP.

A person whose music I can't really comment on but without doubt a very interesting character and a truly free spirit is RUBBISH. I've had my disagreements with him in the past but I've learnt not only to respect but also admire him. I'd be interested in finding out more about him and to read his take on things.
Först när du blottar strupen ska du få nåd, ditt as...

Andrew McIntosh

Shikata ga nai.

FreakAnimalFinland

Quote from: Tommy Carlsson on December 15, 2009, 12:05:27 AM
My intention was to review/comment on all the items sold through Club Moral's STOCKLIST (SKL), including both Club Moral's own releases as well as soime distributed titles. But being a father of two left no time to go through with this project.

I don't know how shitty idea is the "public development", but basically that's what happened for some of the ideas I have had. Like starting topic such a "swedish supremacy", "new japanese industrial/noise" and such on noisefanatics, which I later started to develop further into possible article/feature in magazine. Not happened yet, but will. Same was with some of reviews in SI#1. They existed online as raw versions, which were updated to print worthy. Some users why wonder why some passages sounds as if they have read it before, but I wonder if it de-values any of the article.

Something like currently ongoing label overviews could be good as printed document. One old label per issue, or such. If people seem to get glimpse of how it will be on forum first, maybe it will be still worthy of inclusion, with additional artwork, possibly label boss comments on (each) releases, perhaps artists comments on their releases and so on. Sometimes just "public" brainstorming might help to kickstart projects and get honestly interested people involved.

As I mentioned before, I read the upcoming Broken flag article for ALAP (advantage of being contributor there as well). It's fucking massive. Each release of label is dealt with info of project, comment of publisher, comment of artist, and related stories from their perspective. Same thing about G.R.O.S.S., but with additional "consumer/journalist" reviews of material shouldn't be impossible. And in my opinion, whatever is done online now, wouldn't lower value of historical document on printed paper.

If Club Moral overview needs assistance from various contributors and too much to handle for one guy, as one would imagine proper reviews of dozens and dozens of items... I'm sure there are some solutions.   
E-mail: fanimal +a+ cfprod,com
MAGAZINE: http://www.special-interests.net
LABEL / DISTRIBUTION: FREAK ANIMAL http://www.nhfastore.net

Strömkarlen

Quote from: P-K on December 15, 2009, 12:13:07 AM
i know....but maybe more 'stories', not just dry info....more focus on Club Moral venue/place & who passed by & stayed here in Antwerp......

There are some stories from Harri/BOTC in Shock Tilt but they are all in Swedish. I hope when the ever delayed Shock Tilt book finally gets published the Harri interview will be translated into English.

I was toying with the idea of doing a complete Force Mental coffetable book but the sheer scope of all the artist (some pretty famous dead people also) with rights claims and on top of that a grumpy DDV just made me decided that it was somebody else headache. Still I would be an amazing book and I still go back to Force Mental for inspiration 25 years later.

P-K

Quote from: Strömkarlen on December 15, 2009, 10:03:46 AM
There are some stories from Harri/BOTC in Shock Tilt but they are all in Swedish.

BOTC, Gerechtigkeits Liga, Etat Brut, Coup De Grace, Con-Dom, NON......just imagine

digital Force Mental would be pure blasphemy

what about Bain Total/Die Form (EARLY Die Form!!!)?

Bloated Slutbag

In depth interviews with

Joe Lombardo
Mikawa
Taint/Mania
Hum of the Druid
more SICKNESS
Strict
TEF
Viodre
Timisoara
Kelly Churko
JLIAT
Thomas Koner
Controlled Bleeding

...focusing on philosophical ideas/ideals, artistic approach (not nuts n bolts yawn induction), concepts, fetishes, prejudices, criticism, opinions, rants - especially rants! - and so forth.

This may seem an odd prescription given my tendency to disparage didactic evidence of the above in the work itself... but that merely serves to acknowledge a more basic tendency to lose myself in the pure sonic moment, where all of these things are rendered meaningless. But. The rest of the time, when I'm less wrapped up in the good vibrations feeding into my auditory passages - now, for instance - I really do like to supplement my auricular urges with a good, hard, brain-picking.

Someone weaker than you should beat you and brag
And take you for a drag

Underwood

x

FreakAnimalFinland

I agree #1 has plenty of artists being "alike". Not that they would sound the same, but they came from specific corner of scene. I won't yet reveal contents of #2, but I would say it has more variation. Going forward to direction intended. From old to new, from loud pe to guitar drone, to experimental sound. From dark to naturally "warm" and also humoristic.

#1 was put together in... was it about 2 months. It meant that I relied on the guys I know that have recent releases out, worth of support and most of all: get things done. For such a short time, I'm very happy how it came out.

I don't worry about crossover of ALAP / SI. I don't know how often ALAP is going to be published, but lets say if some artists is featured in SI#2, #3 or #4, when ALAP #2,3 or 4 comes out, it might be already years from now. Artists featured twice during couple years... I would guess would be just positive.
E-mail: fanimal +a+ cfprod,com
MAGAZINE: http://www.special-interests.net
LABEL / DISTRIBUTION: FREAK ANIMAL http://www.nhfastore.net