Skin Crime

Started by Azoikum, June 18, 2012, 01:40:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Azoikum

Keith inspired me to this in the end of the Whorebutcher thread.

What are your personal faves ? Although I love them all Whorebutcher and Urge stand out for me.

As Keith was asking before, what is Patrick up to nowadays ? Way too long without any sign of life from Skin Crime !

Mikerdeath

Favorite Skin Crime stuff is the "Monster" 7" on self abuse.
The LP on hospital is also along that same style and also rules.

Audio Pathology.

TAINT/SKIN CRIME/SICKNESS 3 way split rules.

One of the best American noise artists for sure.

Really enjoy the even more obscure HANGED MAN'S ORGASM aswell.

Zeno Marx

The s/t LP from 2003.  Had a few of the cassettes in the early-mid 90s.  Didn't care for them.  The LP is great.
"the overindulgent machines were their children"
I only buy vinyl, d00ds.

Bloated Slutbag

Agree with Whorebutcher and Urge. The former for its excess densities pitting ear-bleed sonics against almost droning excursions, the latter for its nicely panned arrangement of extremely high-end frying fleshed out with bottom-heavy rumble-loads.

I also really like Trauma for its completely burnt out damaged sound, like some poor wretch retching and  hacking into a mic jammed down his throat whilst his innards are wrenched out with a contact-mic'd wire cutting implement. Just a total audio wreck.
Someone weaker than you should beat you and brag
And take you for a drag

THE RITA HN

TSUNAMI
WHOREBUTCHER
URGE

audiodissection

Personal favourites:

Audio Pathology
Whorebutcher
Tsunami
split 7" w/Pain Jerk

but everything from Skin Crime is worth having. I think a new LP and CD is planned on Self Abuse.

troniks

Skin Crime is my favorite noise artist of all time.

The s/t lp on Hospital and the Audio Pathology cd are both must-owns.

FreakAnimalFinland

It's quite amazing that Audio Pathology CD is supposedly 500 copies done, and in discogs you can see "23 has this".  While Control Domination CD, same pressing, released same time, "93 has this".  OVMN only "15 has this". slogun CD 46..  Radiosonde CD isn't mentioned there.
But it makes me really wonder did the label make 500 of all these?  Especially when more people appear to have some very small edition Skin Crime CDR's but not this full length?

It makes one really wonder did label have energy to wrap all 500 OVMN discs to such packaging... I have my doubts. But I guess it's more Armed & Loaded topic than Skin Crime topic. But perhaps Audio Pathology would require re-issue to be properly available?  Skin Crime appears to have suffered about too many failed deals? I think at this moment there are releases that were supposed to come out as LP, but so far not made it.

I once asked possibility of re-issue some old tapes/Cdr's as real cd, but I recall he felt it was unnecessary. I have hard time to figure out how many people would be interested in Skin Crime, but I have no hard time hearing it would be ESSENTIAL for the project to have few more properly made CD or LP releases since it's far above remaining just some cheap inkjet cover bulk cdr type of project.
E-mail: fanimal +a+ cfprod,com
MAGAZINE: http://www.special-interests.net
LABEL / DISTRIBUTION: FREAK ANIMAL http://www.nhfastore.net

bitewerksMTB

It would be good to see SC get the Industrial Recoll. treatment. Maybe he still has the cd-r reissues in stock hence not thinking more are needed? I wish I hadn't missed out on the boxset he did with leather case. I have the Murder 7" in  a leather sleeve & the split with PainJerk in textured painted boxset. I love the Armed & Loaded cd but never really got into the s/t LP. His live performance were interesting despite him just sitting in front of the amp with his back to the audience.

Bereft

When dom and I put out the s/t lp it took about a week for all three hundred to disappear.  Now this was before hospital was a "collectors" paradise, so I would discount that aspect of the release.  I think there is a market for Patrick to re-release his stuff with better quality packaging, and I wouldn't mind seeing them released on record.   

cipher chris

Quote from: FreakAnimalFinland on June 19, 2012, 10:45:28 AM
Skin Crime appears to have suffered about too many failed deals? I think at this moment there are releases that were supposed to come out as LP, but so far not made it.
As with a Hanged Man's Orgasm double LP, I believe.  Recorded, masters with label which has long disappeared, unfortunately Patrick didn't have a master copy himself when I asked him.  Would have offered to put it out in a second had it been possible.

tisbor

i think i'm missing some of the classics, but my personal favorites:

7" split with Pain Jerk
"Natural Disasters" split with Government Alpha

Bloated Slutbag

Quote from: FreakAnimalFinland on June 19, 2012, 10:45:28 AM
It's quite amazing that Audio Pathology CD is supposedly 500 copies done, and in discogs you can see "23 has this".  While Control Domination CD, same pressing, released same time, "93 has this".  OVMN only "15 has this". slogun CD 46..  Radiosonde CD isn't mentioned there.
But it makes me really wonder did the label make 500 of all these?  Especially when more people appear to have some very small edition Skin Crime CDR's but not this full length?

I remember having a very similar reaction not long after this came out. What could/should have been a big event (comparatively speaking) was barely a blip on the radar.

But since I'm here, allow me to provide a small voice of dissent... while Audio Pathology does serve up quite a diverse assortment of tasties, none of them quite hits that sweetest of sweet spots. Possibly because it tries to overreach, I don't know. I've given this one several more chances than it probably deserves, and a bit of creative eq adjustment goes a long way but... not quite far enough says me. Maybe I'll chuck this into the "to be reappraised" bin along with Akasha Gulva...
Someone weaker than you should beat you and brag
And take you for a drag

eyestrain

This is redundant, but Eyestrain is the end-all-be-all Skin Crime for me. I wish it was 2 hours longer. Have never listened to a single noise piece more.

Leatherface

Skin Crime is an awesome project, maybe one of the best noise project ever, and Patrick really a nice guy !!!
I get one Skin Crime box from him, years ago, only one of these exist i think, and specially dedicated to me :)
It countain:

One "leather style" box
"Tsunami" cdr
"Parasite" cdr
"King of the Deathmatch" cdr
"Trauma" tape

Fucking Masterpiece !!!!