SURVIVAL UNIT
IRM
KHMER NOIR
DEGIAL
BLOODLINE
MONSTRAAT
TOMHET
+ many more to follow.

The third year this festival is organized in Borlänge, Sweden.
Tickets are now available for 300 SEK (€30).
Free camping on the festival area.
Questions should be directed to ferner (a) live.se
More info at www.warandhate.se

ARKHE

Great line-up on the industrial side. Too bad I'll miss it, shitty metal fest down here I'm booked to.

ghoulson

I think this is it for the industrial bands.... some acts are still to be announced but I'll update it when new names are released. This year they've decided to skip all punk and grindcore bands on the bill, instead focus on more relevant music.
This is certainly the last time this festival will take place. People in Sweden, Finland & Denmark should really try to get there...
The previous fest was in 2010 - one of the sickest events I've ever attended. Blood and violence everywhere. Whole place was boiling over. I can only imagine how it will be this time.... don't forget your knuckledusters!

Matthias

Ha, never thought that gentleman Ferner would give this another shot.
2010 is both the best and worst festival I have ever attended.

Black_Angkar

truly, the first year was an OK festival mostly d-beat and grind with just Alfarmania to satisfy the industrial fan. Year two, however, peaked beyond my wildest expectations, as punk gave way for black metal and industrial/noise. Sheer absurdity, retarded idiots everywhere, cold creepy atmosphere, the threat of violence lingering constantly, animal blood and piss littered all over the park, subhuman punks drinking and driving on the campingspace, nazi skins, local middle age junkies. We were playing Saturday with Khmer Noir as the penultimate act, when we actually got to play I was unusually drunk (I let my "no drunk til after gig-principle" slip as I saw no point in sobriety at that stage) and I can honestly say this was one of the most memeorable trainwrecks I've ever witnessed. I suppose it gets that way when the organisers strive only for trouble... This year has a killer line-up but no punk at all, which might cause some change in demographics. Will be entertaining to see what they pull off this time.

Black_Angkar

who made the poster? This so much better than earlier attempts...

ghoulson

HONOR_IS_KING!

That poster is killer.

Then again I'm a sucker for Crowns....
KOUFAR x TERROR CELL UNIT
https://soundcloud.com/crimesofthecrown

PSALM 109

Jarl

Erik (Jarl from IRM) Here, I slept  almost  for two days when I Came home.  Alot of  war and hatred from Sweden where on the festival first day which we missed. But on the second day we arrived old as we are 30+                    There where violents  blood sheeds, someone on the stage  got kicked by a man in his ear/ or ass? several timmes  and they also  kicked him more   ,some persen  got kicked  in the head ones more. I guess I know more  on Saturday evening, the second day IRM Bloodline BDN performed and one more more   act                         

like    It was really violent   I mean   everywhere    very violenent ,I cant tell it was like an                      Industrial/Metal dysfunctionel Festival- a god name  for it    The secend day                                  . IRM was the second  band, Blodline was a wall of death metal with programed drums, and it was like a wall of sound with vocals .more violenthing happend, A women urinated i public below the stageat least 6 times below      , I actually saw  ROGER K of BDN got a punch in his face, The crowd was very much into thee  mood to    beat the shit o persens around the stage
And Mayby ROGER K diserved that treatment,( I REALLY THINK SO) Since we came on Saturday. can someone give report for fridat

Jarl

Quote from: Jarl on August 02, 2012, 05:41:29 AM
Erik (Jarl from IRM) Here, I slept  almost  for two days when I Came home.  Alot of  war and hatred from Sweden where on the festival first day which we missed. But on the second day we arrived old as we are 30+                    There where violents  blood sheeds, someone on the stage  got kicked by a man in his ear/ or ass? several timmes  and they also  kicked him more   ,some persen  got kicked  in the head ones more. I guess I know more  on Saturday evening, the second day IRM Bloodline BDN performed and one more more   act               KHMER NOIR WAS THE SECOND BAND

like    It was really violent   I mean   everywhere    very violenent ,I cant tell it was like an                      Industrial/Metal dysfunctionel Festival- a god name  for it    The secend day                                  . IRM was the second  band, Blodline was a wall of death metal with programed drums, and it was like a wall of sound with vocals .more violenthing happend, A women urinated i public below the stageat least 6 times below      , I actually saw  ROGER K of BDN got a punch in his face, The crowd was very much into thee  mood to    beat the shit o persens around the stage
And Mayby ROGER K diserved that treatment,( I REALLY THINK SO) Since we came on Saturday. can someone give report for friday

Black_Angkar

It is a hard thing to evaluate an event as this. The mix of actual quality and the spectacle of miserable failure. It lived up to most of my expectations, or surpassed them. The bookings were superb, at least on saturday. Friday was black metal-night and I really didn't find a single one of the bands interesting at all. There was some hype for the band Degial, but I didn't get into it. More time to focus on the subhuman strung-out activities going on then. The only act that went beyond "fair enough" on friday was Survival Unit, which was a focused and intense display of SU at its best. The Alfarmania years had sort of washed away my memories of the SU gigs I've seen, but I think it lived up or went beyond these standards, considering the number of years of musical activity and live shows played by Kristian since then I'd say this was more professionally done than ever before. Very good indeed.

Saturday on the other hand, was all good. First we started with Khmer Noir. And ah, the joys of being the first act! It was by far our most focused set and everything went generally as planned. I'm not the one to really judge the quality of it though. It was our guestsinger for the last song who jumped of stage landing a kick in the head of some guy.   

IRM was excellent as well. We had Jarl skulking in the background, handling the intense drones and general atmosphere, Martin Bladh being the centre of attention with two microphone stands, making only minor moves while delivering his superb vocals. Meanwhile Mikael Oretoft moved had quite alot of space in which to move, creating a nice stage dynamics which kept it interesting to watch as well as listening to.

Bloodline, the only black metal act of saturday. appearantly caused some controversy or other, for reasons I don't know and do not care about. They stayed away from the festival era and showed up for their set. I think their "Order of the Parasite" is a really good album, and they delivered what was described as a distorted waterfall with vocals. I think it was ment to be derogatory but I found their set starting kind of uninteresting but growing stronger as it went on (clocking in atb almost fifty minutes), the second half was all good and the last songs, where the singer shifted from gruff to a more "punk" style were extremely good to my ears.

Last of the official acts was Brighter Death Now. It was appearantly their first set since 95 on swedish soil, so I had both high and low hopes. I DID expect the event being big enough itself to draw an audence just for BDN, but that didn't happen. Anyway, Roger started by making some just retarded screams and then his assisting member started handling the music while Karmanik ran around and pulled as much of the audience as possible upfront to the stage. A smart move, as it got the enrgies flowing. Easily the most "fun" gig on the festival as there was a lot of pogoing and intense interractions between performer and audience (especially the stage being bombarded by empty beercans for a good part of the show), a general energetic and quite warm atmosphere which contrasted to the cold and stiff poses of most other acts. I'm not BDN's biggest fan, but they delivered well enough and the songs were like a small greatest hits-list. As good as my expectations and far from my worst fears. And yes I saw Roger get hit as well, I thought he hit the floor but he claimed that he just brushed it off. I don't know for sure.

The organisers, being the most wretched and fucked up people on the whole area finished with an un-announced set with their band BAEMON or Baimon or however it is spelled. I was by far too drunk and unfocused by this time and didn't really get that much impression of how it actually sounded. I thought it was quite atmospheric black metal-influenced noise (or the other way around) and half of the band used to be in swedish chaos kings STRICKTLICKERS so they were surely capable of pulling it off, but I really can't rememeber much besides the oldschool nazi skinhead cutting himself up on stage and bleeding over members of the audience...

Jarl

Quote from: Jarl on August 02, 2012, 05:49:34 AM
Quote from: Jarl on August 02, 2012, 05:41:29 AM
Erik (Jarl from IRM) Here, I slept  almost  for two days when I Came home.  Alot of  war and hatred from Sweden where on the festival first day which we missed. But on the second day we arrived old as we are 30+                    There where violents  blood sheeds, someone on the stage  got kicked by a man in his ear/ or ass? several timmes  and they also  kicked him more   ,some persen  got kicked  in the head ones more. I guess I know more  on Saturday evening, the second day IRM Bloodline BDN performed and one more more   act               KHMER NOIR WAS THE SECOND BAND

And Mayby ROGER K diserved that treatment,( I REALLY THINK SO) Since we came on Saturday. can someone give report for friday

Ops. sorry, I was very drunk when I wrote this, so that's why it is as it is, I will stay away from writing on forums when I'm to drunk in the future.

Black_Angkar

Well... in regards to the subject at hand I think it's probably best to write about it drunk, heh.

Black_Angkar

Besidesn the music itself - this was the essence of lowlife I suppose. No food, no beer. Some bands got free beer, some didn't (like us). everyone was paid - I think. Due to the financial troubles and oour personal friendship with the arrangers we cut our share lower than the promised amount. The year before had been an explosion of depravity. This year was more like the aftermath, or the implosion. Almost no visitors (due to absence of punk bands and some other festivals going on at the same time, both electronic festival norberg and nazifestival Kuggenäs (I think) - which was the main reason the regular nazis didn't show up. all for the better, the few we got were all perfectly well-mannered in a miserable but friendly way. The organisers had been partying for days before the arrangement started which meant theyt were in a state of, well I don't know. I'm not nsure wether they ever thought they would pull this off even, pure selfdestructive idea to hold the festival in itself. The sleeping area was littered with animal blood since BM-night and the reek was getting worse and worse. Sweden's most irritating lowlife, Onkel, was pissing everywhere. Despite this, and the substance induced misery, the vibe was surprisingly [good]. It was as if everyone just melted into the atmosphere and grew into it. People beating eachother up and remaining friends during the process. Typical attentionseeking histrionics - guys cutting themselves up smearing themselves and others in blood. Pathetic alcoholics trying to get on stage all the time etc. It might sound unprofessional or just simply well... I don't know. It was what I had expected, or even better. And as stated - the bands were amazing, the volume was really loud and everyone was sitting close to the stage so every band got a fair share of the audience.