NORDÖSTRA MALMÖ Compilation tape (Amph, Arkhe et c)

Started by ARKHE, June 06, 2012, 04:46:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ARKHE

NORDÖSTRA MALMÖ

ELBOGEN FONOGRAM 01

»– and what hits you when you get off the Malmö Ferry (no juice tax on the ferry) in Sweden knocks all that cheap, tap free juice right out of you and brings you all the way down: averted eyes and the cemetery in the middle of town (every town in Sweden seems to be built around a cemetery), and nothing to do in the afternoon, not a bar not a movie and I blasted my last stick of Tangier tea and I said, "K. E. let's get right back on that ferry."«

– William S. Burroughs, Naked Lunch

A collection of industrial sounds and impressions from the northeast outskirts of Malmö: Värnhem, Östervärn, Midhem, Kirseberg. Featuring Amph, Mirrors Are Black, Arkhe, Backasvinet, and introducing: Teufelsdröckh.

»The first dangerous area encompassed the eastern part of the city, before the bridges. The second, more dangerous, was between the canal and Värnhem. The third, abode of the deepest darkness, was the Hills, but who dared to go there?«

- Reverend Hagbard Isberg, late 19th century.

c36. 100 copies. 40 sek / 4,5€ + shipping.
Contact elbogenfono-at-gmail.com to acquire a copy (no trades).
Preview: http://soundcloud.com/elbogen-fonogram

Distribution:
Release The Bats (SWE)
Järtecknet (SWE)
Sprachlos Verlag (SWE)
Unrest Productions (UK)
At War With False Noise (UK)
Freak Animal (FIN)
Lust Vessel (JPN)
White Centipede Noise (US)
Phage Tapes (US)
Abgvrd (RUS)

(Distributors: get in touch for wholesales & bulk trades.)

ARKHE

Photos + video of Amph performance at Nattmaran: nattmaran.tumblr.com (semiofficial release party for this tape & Sverige lp on Release the Bats, with Krökta Rum, Teufelsdröckh, White and Amph).

NB: foreign distributors will receive their copies next week. Swedish ones have theirs.

GEWALTMONOPOL

The painting looks like it's overlooking Malmo from Spillepengen.
Först när du blottar strupen ska du få nåd, ditt as...

ARKHE

It's from what was called "Stora Keseberget" (Keseberg = kirseberg), which was dug out & used as the concrete foundation for the rest of the city during the 19th century. I guess it's the area that stretches down to modern day Spillepengen, all the way from Värnhem approximately. The ocean went much higher back then, before the harbours were built; I think the big building in the foreground is St. Pauli. This particular print is from 1856, but the original painting is older.

Way back when these parts were still Danish, they used to have Valborg celebrations up on these hills. Since it's always been looking down on Malmö, I like to assume that these feasts stretch back to pre-Christian days. A couple of centuries later, and they were burning witches here. The enclosures that are now Kirseberg proper were actually drawn out on the oldest maps of Malmö that I've come across, from the early 15th century, so besides "gamla stan", Backarna is the oldest geographic region that hasn't changed at all.

On another note: LUST VESSEL added to the distributor list.

ARKHE

Enthused review of this tape + the RtB "Sverige" LP: http://www.hammersmashedsound.com/2012/07/swedish-compilations.html

Copies still available from Elbogen Fono HQ. Distribution list updated with Abgurd, White Centipede and Phage Tapes (not listed in their distro yet, though).