Discussing the sounds of Azoikum

Started by enmity, June 05, 2012, 11:14:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

enmity

Before heading to my job yesterday I had an urge to listen to something angry, so before leaving the house I started looking through my CD's, found and pulled Azoikum's Menschenhass that was released on Solipsism I think? I had totally forgotten how great this shit was. The soundscapes were just crushing to say the least....
Anyway, while driving, I was put into this trance like state of knowing what I was doing (driving) but at the same time not really giving a shit of what I hit on the way. So I am plowing my way to work on country back roads and I couldn't help but notice how damp and putrid the track "Bludgeon to Death" was. I actually started to feel sick just listening, but for the life of me could not roll down the volume or stop. By the time I got to work I had made a head note to self that when I got back home I was to pull out everything I own by Azoikum and swim in its chaos.
It's been years since I have listened to "A collection of Corpses" box set released by Chris from Mouth Records but I want to note that this set really shows the sheer magnitude of this project that I feel is one of the most underrated power electronics artist on the planet. I don't really know what Stefan has been up to in last 4 or 5 years personally but I would love to hear some new tracks. What are some of the boards' favorite tracks or releases by Azoikum? I guess we could also talk of Narbenerde, his noise side project while we are at it.

Human Larvae

Just yesterday I had the same urge to pop in some Azoikum after long abstinence. Can can definitely recommend "Gossenfotze" and "Cunt"
Got really hooked on 'ladies men' and 'cunt' and was quite surprised how atmospheric some of his tracks are. Think I still have Menschenhass II from slaughter productions, but can't remember if that one was as good as the other two mentioned.

tiny_tove

I cannot recall a favourite track, but I have consumed everything I own of him...
CALIGULA031 - WERTHAM - FORESTA DI FERRO
instagram: @ANTICITIZEN
http://elettronicaradicale.bandcamp.com
telegram for updated list: https://t.me/+03nSMe2c6AFmMTk0

enmity

Quote from: tiny_tove on June 06, 2012, 10:29:15 AM
I cannot recall a favourite track, but I have consumed everything I own of him...

Its hard to decide, imo their are so many good ones. All have such strong structure and patience building and building.

enmity

Quote from: KMusselman on June 08, 2012, 04:06:33 AM
I have been a huge fan of Azoikum and have the bulk of his discography.  I like to start my listening with the Collection Of Corpses box.  From there, Menschenhass on Solipsism and then every thing else I own.  The last release I have is the tape in the blue jean cover with blood stains (slips my mind at the moment.)  Narbenerde is excellent as well.  I'll have more to say later as I'm out the door.  Definitely an underrated project.  I mentioned Azoikum a while back in the Interviews you'd like to see in SI? thread.  Have had it it in my playlist as well.

I am not sure what that jean cover with blood stains tape is, apparently I have never heard it but would love to check it out. Anybody else on the board have any idea of what this is?

Nil By Mouth

Yep, Human Maggot Scum is the last statement of Azoikum. The CDr released by Cipher was released after this but my tape was the last work done by Stefan. Actually Azoikum is not dead, just a moment of hiatus

enmity

Quote from: Nil By Mouth on June 08, 2012, 09:37:06 AM
Yep, Human Maggot Scum is the last statement of Azoikum. The CDr released by Cipher was released after this but my tape was the last work done by Stefan. Actually Azoikum is not dead, just a moment of hiatus

This is great news, the last thing I actually heard from Stefan was the track he did on my Addiction Comp. Enmity Records.

enmity

Quote from: KMusselman on June 08, 2012, 11:39:47 PM
Being that A Collection Of Corpses is Vol. 1, I always wondered if there was planned a Vol. 2?  I thought I remembered reading years ago that the original masters were destroyed?  I could be wrong.  Anyway, I would be highly interested in a Vol. 2 with unreleased material (if any exists) and anything limited / out of print.  Of course, I would be interested in new material as well.

I would also love to see this happen, and would be willing to help in any possible way to make it happen. There are many tapes and CDR's that were released and now long gone that I would love to have a best of sessions from.

tisbor

From straight harsh noise violence to power electronics, everything i heard by this guy is good, most of it great, and most of all always very "mean" and ugly. "Human Maggot Scum" is among my favorites, and i admit that i love the "Anthropophagy" CDr i provided the artwork for.
Underrated project for sure.

enmity

The 5 CDR's that are in the "A Collection of Corpses":

01. Wahnsinn
02. Funny Games
03. Dedicated To Jeffrey Dahmer
04. Mentally Ill
05. Decayed And Fresh

From the Discogs page their are still lots of great out of print titles that could easily make part 2 to a boxset.
Their were a few split cassettes that would be great, and a few older CDR releases.

I feel Global Hate cassette would be a great CD or CDR to add to that, released from the Troniks label.
The Dead Bundy CDR would also go great with this collection.
Gossenfotze
Tod

Azoikum

Hi everybody ! :-)

First I'd like to say thanks a lot for all your kind words !

Secondly, Azoikum isn't finished, just on a hiatus because I became a family man back in 2008 and there wasn't enough time to continue producing Noise, I was busy trying to get that now three and a half years old lil' Anarchist (my daughter) under control (unsuccessful of course)..... :-)

Third, Azoikum is very close to being reanimated......looking forward to that !

Regarding your guys' discussion about a 2nd part of "A Collection Of Corpses", I would be the least to say no to a possible release ! There would just be a little remastering to be done here and there. Plus I'm open to any kind of release. Just one thing if there's something to be worked out: Give me some time to produce something nice and ugly, time is still a factor which is rare.

So long, all the best
Stefan/AZOIKUM

enmity

Quote from: Azoikum on June 17, 2012, 07:47:58 PM
Hi everybody ! :-)

First I'd like to say thanks a lot for all your kind words !

Secondly, Azoikum isn't finished, just on a hiatus because I became a family man back in 2008 and there wasn't enough time to continue producing Noise, I was busy trying to get that now three and a half years old lil' Anarchist (my daughter) under control (unsuccessful of course)..... :-)

Third, Azoikum is very close to being reanimated......looking forward to that !

Regarding your guys' discussion about a 2nd part of "A Collection Of Corpses", I would be the least to say no to a possible release ! There would just be a little remastering to be done here and there. Plus I'm open to any kind of release. Just one thing if there's something to be worked out: Give me some time to produce something nice and ugly, time is still a factor which is rare.

So long, all the best
Stefan/AZOIKUM

FUCK YES!

Azoikum

It WILL happen. The question is still WHEN. Lack of time is still a factor, unfortunately.

There are plans for a split / collab 12'' with Bastard Noise. The basics for the collab track are done.
Plus there are plans to release a LP on Psych.KG.